Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #81

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any ideas why BL got weird during the Baker hitchhike ride about going to Jackson Hole?
It was mentioned again on 20/20 tonight. I'm starting to wonder if Jackson Hole, after the restaurant, was not the beginning of Gabby's death and that's why BL didn't want to return to there. MOO

TikToker says she picked up Brian Laundrie hitchhiking in Grand Teton
A local could explain better, but way back, someone posted that the highway they were on does go to Jackson, but the driver turned off to take the scenic route (south) which is shorter distance to Jackson....but Brian wasn't really going to Jackson and he wanted them to stay on the highway which goes east at that point(where they turned) because eventually he would want to get out at the road to spread creek. Then the second driver scooped him up and she took him (easterly) to the road that leads to the campground. When he said he wanted to go to Jackson, he meant in the direction of Jackson. What the 200bucks was about is beyond me. jmo

Something to think about for you all given the statement from the Merry Piglets manager and the tiktok witness Nina.

What one of those people has more to gain or lose with what they use as their official story? IMO Nina has basically nothing to lose or gain by her story.
The manager has a business, a job, life comfort to lose if the story negatively impacts the business.

Good points but if they are camping why are they going to restaurants in the first place? That’s not what campers really do. They could have gone to a store and picked up some cheap groceries and cooked over a fire .. or had food that didn’t even need cooking. Did they have a cooler? Camping cooking equipment of any kind? instead they chose a restaurant, which makes me think they were kind of unprepared for a trip like this in a lot of ways. They didn’t even seem to have basic supplies.

MOO

they weren't campers. They were vanlifers that camped. Vanlife is more than just camping. Its about exploring the world around us and taking your home with you. Restaurants are part of that experience.

Ok look I grew up where I live now, I am 2.5 hrs away from Jackson, I have been going there my entire life. It is a really cool place to visit and hang out for the day or multiple days. It is a very upscale community now meaning that its mostly millionaires and billionaires. Most people can't afford to eat there or stay there. Everything is very expensive regardless of where you go. I don't think GP and BL were expecting the prices in this area. My point is Mp's does not want any negative connection to this story..period.. its still a small town and a lot of locals still know each other and many of the people that live there are celebrities...they do not want all this attention...moo
I’m not seeing ‘millionaire’s’ pricing on MP’s menu. Jmo.

Menus | Merry Piglets in Jackson, WY

Something to think about for you all given the statement from the Merry Piglets manager and the tiktok witness Nina.

What one of those people has more to gain or lose with what they use as their official story? IMO Nina has basically nothing to lose or gain by her story.
The manager has a business, a job, life comfort to lose if the story negatively impacts the business.
Nina has a lot to gain. Likes, viewers, sm status, etc and very little to lose.
The manager has a lot to lose and very little to gain.

One wants the attention, the other doesn't. Doesn't really settle who is telling the closest version of the truth though.

A local could explain better, but way back, someone posted that the highway they were on does go to Jackson, but the driver turned off to take the scenic route (south) which is shorter distance to Jackson....but Brian wasn't really going to Jackson and he wanted them to stay on the highway which goes east at that point(where they turned) because eventually he would want to get out at the road to spread creek. Then the second driver scooped him up and she took him (easterly) to the road that leads to the campground. When he said he wanted to go to Jackson, he meant in the direction of Jackson. What the 200bucks was about is beyond me. jmo

IMO, he was trying to establish an alibi and hoped that GP would be found during the time he was hitchhiking so he could say he couldn't have committed the homicide because he had been out hitchhiking at that time and not at the campsite.
IMO he offered the $200 to make it memorable, therefore if LE asked the driver if she could remember anything unusual about who she picked up, she could have said he paid her $200 for the ride and that is highly unusual from a young person hitchhiking. IMO.

I’m not seeing ‘millionaire’s’ pricing on MP’s menu. Jmo.

Menus | Merry Piglets in Jackson, WY
I was thinking that from a few comments myself and did look up the menu earlier. I assume it was an exploration for Gabby and Brian.
But arguments over meal costs/parking or cost or debates over dash and dine in my opinion is only going to get this thread in trouble again. But maybe because there is no real answers to everything that ended in 2 deaths, this is how it goes. JMO

The only place I have heard that is when ksl5 showed the original chopper footage to an ‘expert’ and the boots were in the expert’s speculation. Moo.
I would be happy to be proven wrong, tho.
Have to watch it again i guess. Jim said it somewhere I am positive about that. MOO

One wants the attention, the other doesn't. Doesn't really settle who is telling the closest version of the truth though.
Either way I doubt we'll ever know the 100% actual truth of what happened at MP.
So many conflicting reports during this case that lead to much confusion

IF this is what happened could BL have seen it as a way to exert more "control" over Gabby?
If he was hiding her phone, taking her driver license away from her, van keys etc.
MOO

Perhaps it was BL's turn to pay and he didn't have any money. Though he could have told GP that he had his own money and she believed him. So he claimed to have paid and they ended up in the parking lot with the waitress running after them.
Further, after the waitress went back inside, he could have sworn up and down that he did pay before leaving and the waitress charged them twice. Then GP went back in for a refund for what she thought was one of two charges. IMO.

they weren't campers. They were vanlifers that camped. Vanlife is more than just camping. Its about exploring the world around us and taking your home with you. Restaurants are part of that experience.

I know that's the image they wanted to portray, but their van wasn't outfitted to live in and didn't have living quarters like a real outfitted van for van living. They were campers. They slept in a tent, apparently, (this is based on their SM photos and videos) and drove around in a van, which is camping. Their tent probably had more living space in it than the van. You can tell just by looking at pictures of it. And remember in the video where Gabby is holding up the tent sides when it's raining? That's not van life, that's camping in the cheapest way possible, in a tent.

Obviously they wanted people to think they were living the "van life" as they saw others on SM were doing it but they didn't seem to have the money to support that lifestyle and they didn't really have the right van for that either.

Much of their lives last summer turned out to be a facade for something else.

JMO

Agree with all your points.

Also, if the manager isn't telling the truth, the server who waited on Gabby and BL can potentially come out at some point and tell what the real story is, which would be embarrassing for the manager, so why lie? Why not just continue to say No Comment, which is what the manager has been saying all along until telling BE what happened.

Last edited:
Agree with all your points.

Also, if the manager isn't telling the truth, the server who waited on Gabby and BL can potentially come out at some point and tell what the real story is, which would be embarrassing for the manager, so why lie? Why not just continue to say No Comment, which is what the manager has been saying all along until telling BE what happened.

BBM
Good question. Why not tell BE "no comment" instead of completely contradicting the story told by Nina.

A bit suspicious IMO

According to KSL-TV, video from their helicopter showed remains above the ground but covered. The photographer said hiking shoes were found on the ground next to the body.

Gabby Petito crime scene and cause of death

If they were GP's, BL wouldn't be able to explain why he had her boots in the van (if he claimed to have left her alive at the campsite) so he placed them next to her body. If she had not taken them off, they would still be on her feet. Someone had stated on a previous thread that she had a sweatshirt on when she was found, so it would make sense her homicide took place in the evening when it had cooled off. It would also make sense then that she had taken off her shoes too, perhaps to relax or go to sleep. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ImaKing412