Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #82

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IF the shouting incident between BL and Gabby actually happened and nobody called it in; that only makes what happened even worse IMO.
Am curious to know if there had been any other LE reports of incidents between them that we do not know about.

MOO
There was no shouting incident. All of this refers back to comments I made about an unlinked ‘call summary’ incident report for BL’s missing person report. If you follow the quotes up, it is clear. I did not link it because the original post was in the basement and I thought that was not permitted. I will not make that mistake again. A link to the report has since been posted for all to see.
Found Deceased - WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #82
Again.
My apologies for the part I played in this confusion.

Last edited:
There was no shouting incident. All of this refers back to comments I made about an unlinked ‘call summary’ incident report for BL’s missing person report. If you follow the quotes up, it is clear. I did not link because it the original post was in the basement and I thought that was not permitted. I will not make that mistake again. A link to the report has since been posted for all to see.
Found Deceased - WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #82
Again.
My apologies for the part I played in this confusion.

I thought you may have meant the story that those neighbors of the L parents came out with. That is what I was meaning.
I should have read all the quoted posts.

Josh Benson
@WFLAJosh

·
6h

I also asked Mr. Bertolino if he received an update on Brian’s remains. He said:“Remains not yet given to family.” #BrianLaundrie

I asked #Laundrie Attorney Steven Bertolino about his recent update from the FBI: “As previously stated I was informed by the FBI that they have all the information they need for this investigation. You would have to confirm with them if the matter is closed.” #BrianLaundrie

https://mobile.twitter.com/WFLAJosh?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Josh Benson
@WFLAJosh

·
6h

I also asked Mr. Bertolino if he received an update on Brian’s remains. He said:“Remains not yet given to family.” #BrianLaundrie

I asked #Laundrie Attorney Steven Bertolino about his recent update from the FBI: “As previously stated I was informed by the FBI that they have all the information they need for this investigation. You would have to confirm with them if the matter is closed.” #BrianLaundrie

https://mobile.twitter.com/WFLAJosh?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

BBM

I wonder if the feds just meant the situation with BL or Gabby's murder case. Or if it's possible that SB could be twisting what he was told in some way for some reason.
MOO

RSBM
But dads have their protective ways........
And I think we have heard that Gabby knew how to for--warn people of her dad's protective ways.

( I soooo wish I had a link, but I swear i did see this somewhere)

Joseph Petito revealed that he’d refer to Brian as “Brianne,” according an episode of “Dr. Phil” that aired Monday.

“I’ve never actually liked any of Gabby’s boyfriends. I’ve never actually called any of them by their real name, ever,” said the dad, who is originally from Long Island.

“I always tried to use the female versions of the boyfriends’ names, just to intimidate them a little bit,” he said.

“They laughed,” Joseph Petito said. “Although as the years progressed, I think [Gabby] prepared them for when they met me.’’

Gabby Petito's dad mocked Brian Laundrie with nickname

For the record, my dad was one of most politically incorrect people I've ever known, but we always knew when he was having a bit of "fun" at our expense. IMO people are very thin-skinned these days and take offence at everything. My dad was from Long Island too.

RSBM

Joseph Petito revealed that he’d refer to Brian as “Brianne,” according an episode of “Dr. Phil” that aired Monday.

“I’ve never actually liked any of Gabby’s boyfriends. I’ve never actually called any of them by their real name, ever,” said the dad, who is originally from Long Island.

“I always tried to use the female versions of the boyfriends’ names, just to intimidate them a little bit,” he said.

“They laughed,” Joseph Petito said. “Although as the years progressed, I think [Gabby] prepared them for when they met me.’’

For the record, my dad was one of most politically incorrect people I've ever known, but we always knew when he was having a bit of "fun" at our expense. IMO people are very thin-skinned these days and take offence at everything. My dad was from Long Island too.

IMO, these little 'fun' jabs at younger males, women, and children, are a way of keeping us in our place, knowing where we stand in the man's world, (eta) which is underneath him. Stop being so thin-skinned translates into who are you to think you deserve the same respect as dad.

RSBM

You may be right that people are too thin-skinned these days. (Snowflakes?) But I don't think adolescent boys and young adult males have ever liked being referred to as "girlish" in any way. I'm much older than 42-year old JP and it wasn't ok even when I was young to taunt boys that way. And JP said he did it to "intimidate" GP's boyfriends so he intended a hurtful effect. I have to wonder if JP would think it's fine if his sons' girlfriends' fathers insult them?

To me, when we talk about people being too thin-skinned we're usually talking about when people are offended by accidental slights (e.g., unintentional use of the wrong pronoun) or maybe by differences in "regional speech." For example, I expect everybody knows calling someone "boy" can be a bad thing to do even though that was once a common term in some regions. But sometimes people call a young woman a "girl" if it's normal to use that term in the geographic area. While "boy" can be racist, some women will be insulted by "girl" for other reasons. Being insulted in that situation could be thought of as being thin-skinned, to me anyway. (I'm not saying it's wrong to ask to be called a woman rather than a girl, say, in a work situation. But someone who heads for HR to file a complaint at the first instance is thin-skinned IMO.) I think there's a big difference between an unintentional insult that requires education to consistently using the wrong given name as an intimidation tactic. Do we really want young people to grow up thinking the latter is just fine to do?

I'm sympathetic to JP's loss but that does not make his use of insults ok.
JMO

Last edited:
I thought you may have meant the story that those neighbors of the L parents came out with. That is what I was meaning.
I should have read all the quoted posts.
I thought you were talking about when the protesters interviewed CL and ask about the loud screaming the neighbors heard.

Speaking of missing persons reports, has anyone seen the one filed by Gabby’s mother floating around? I saw it a few weeks ago and I just set out to find it again. I’m not sure how reliable it is. I can’t post it here because I can’t find it anywhere official. All the details are on it with phone numbers, addresses etc. Anyone know if it’s real?

Speaking of missing persons reports, has anyone seen the one filed by Gabby’s mother floating around? I saw it a few weeks ago and I just set out to find it again. I’m not sure how reliable it is. I can’t post it here because I can’t find it anywhere official. All the details are on it with phone numbers, addresses etc. Anyone know if it’s real?
There was a reporter on Twitter that shared one but I can't remember who now and I think it was just the first page.

There was a reporter on Twitter that shared one but I can't remember who now and I think it was just the first page.

I found it via Twitter after searching other places, that’s why I’m not sure how reliable it is. There are some comment-worthy things in it such as date last seen and date of photo taken which was submitted to LE. IMO.

I found it via Twitter after searching other places, that’s why I’m not sure how reliable it is. There are some comment-worthy things in it such as date last seen and date of photo taken which was submitted to LE. IMO.
Are you sure its not a missing person poster? The MP report for G that I have seen had no pictures, but did have place last seen.

It doesn't make any sense to me either. Brian was almost 24. Even if he had a alcohol possession charge after moving to FL before he turned 21 (unlikelyi do t think IMO; reporters would have found it as he wouldn't have been a juvenile) what would that have to do with him being missing 3+ years later?
JMO
I think ppl were just discussing what MIP was there are many different things it could be!
What if it was Male in Possession of a firearm maybe. It could be anything!
Many different interpretations!

Are you sure its not a missing person poster? The MP report for G that I have seen had no pictures, but did have place last seen.

Definitely the report. It has no photos, just typing, blacked out address and phone number for mum. Missing since Aug 30 7am and date of photo Aug 27… That one. Also an error on Grand Teton -spelt as Titon. If you know you know. Has that been verified as real?

Edit: IMO

I think ppl were just discussing what MIP was there are many different things it could be!
What if it was Male in Possession of a firearm maybe. It could be anything!
Many different interpretations!

It just seems like the most sensible thing is that it means Missing Person. This is a heavily redacted incident report that was put forth to be the Missing Person report for BL, not some mystery document we are trying to figure out what it could be. I could see if the code contained letters that didn't at all relate to "missing person" but IMO it is not a stretch to say MIP stands for Missing Person. I feel like we are spending a lot of time chasing after nothing here. MOO

Definitely the report. It has no photos, just typing, blacked out address and phone number for mum. Missing since Aug 30 7am and date of photo Aug 27… That one. Also an error on Grand Teton -spelt as Titon. If you know you know. Has that been verified as real?

Edit: IMO
I thought it was. IIRC, It was originally posted on a female reporter’s Twitter, unredacted. A few mins later it was removed and reposted with address redacted, and a bit later reposted with previous address redacted. I believe aug 30 7am was the time of the last contact from GP’s phone to NS, the ‘Yosemite’ text. I saw the box for photo submission info. I must have missed that it said aug 27, that is interesting. Did it say 2021? Could GP have sent NS a photo via text or other electronic means on that date?
All moo and speculation

ETA- it was posted in the threads previously. I believe the source is permitted. I know of no challenges to it’s authenticity. I think you could repost it if you wish to discuss. Or you could search the threads for previous discussion. Jmo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member