Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #82

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the absence of some evidence that would exonerate BL or suggest another party was involved, the investigation will probably wind down quickly. BL's involvement will likely never be "proven", and the case could potentially be reopened if evidence of another involved party develops.

I think this is going to depend on what evidence they were able to gather at the crime scene and potentially the hard drive.
What.could.be on the hard.drive?
I'm not so sure they have.evidence of any kind! Physical evidence !
Imo
We.may never.know what.really happened.out there!

Does.anyone think they will be able.to.prove who actually killed her?

No.

LE may be able to gather enough evidence to give GP's family additional "closure." But if BL is thought to be the killer, the case isn't going to court so his guilt can't be proven. Still, without any legal challenges to whatever evidence the state gathers and makes public, guilt may wind up being presumed. And if there's a written confession (which I doubt) and it is made public, that may convince some people. (And likely raise conspiracy/LE misconduct theories for others.)
JMO

No.

LE may be able to gather enough evidence to give GP's family additional "closure." But if BL is thought to be the killer, the case isn't going to court so his guilt can't be proven. Still, without any legal challenges to whatever evidence the state gathers and makes public, guilt may wind up being presumed. And if there's a written confession (which I doubt) and it is made public, that may convince some people. (And likely raise conspiracy/LE misconduct theories for others.)
JMO

not directed at you specifically, just continuing the topic…

I was thinking about that. that notebook must be dry by now, with the level of fbi tech available. If it contained a written confession, I think they would be closing the case now. If the L parents have any kind of note or confession, I doubt that they will reveal it.

all moo.

thing i don't understand about SB explanation about filing a local missing person report on brian at around 6:15pm 0n 9/17 is that he stated everyone agreed it was the best course of action. he was in total agreement that brian should be reported missing to local police. so, why didn't SB encourage someone in the family to call local police on monday night 9/13? he told fbi, why not the local police? he states in the interview, if i remember correctly, that the "procedure" was for someone in the household to notify local police. seems to me SB should have explained that to the laundries on monday night. maybe after everyone agreed that the local report was necessary one of the officers called in a report. SB doesn't say if mom and dad granted permission for LE to call it in. just everyone agreed it was the right thing to do. i wonder why mom and dad and SB did not think it was the right thing to do on monday, 9/13. MOO.

What.could.be on the hard.drive?
I'm not so sure they have.evidence of any kind! Physical evidence !
Imo
We.may never.know what.really happened.out there!

Anything could be on there. It could be nothing but stuff for her youtube channel or maybe there's a diary with writings about BL. It's all speculation. That's why I said potentially.

We don't know that they have physical evidence, but here's hoping they do, for GP's family's sake.

Not sure why her things would be of much use in proving who killed her in WY. Unless you are suggesting B brought something back & hid it. But all those boxes couldn't have come back in the van I wouldn't think.
JMO
Possibly!
I was thinking it was her things.from the storage along with whatever.was.in the van!
That van was probably cleaned.out by the time LE got it!

Anything could be on there. It could be nothing but stuff for her youtube channel or maybe there's a diary with writings about BL. It's all speculation. That's why I said potentially.

We don't know that they have physical evidence, but here's hoping they do, for GP's family's sake.
I hope.so.too!
Even Brian s notebook!

not directed at you specifically, just continuing the topic…

I was thinking about that. that notebook must be dry by now, with the level of fbi tech available. If it contained a written confession, I think they would be closing the case now. If the L parents have any kind of note or confession, I doubt that they will reveal it.

all moo.

I wonder if we'll ever know what was in that notebook. I'm guessing not. moo

Hi, I have reviewed this MIP acronym and I honestly think in my own opinion, that this means one of 2 things. One, it could mean “Missing Identified Person” or the other would be “Medical Information Provided”. Why? I studied the report, which is not actually the official missing report. It is an Incident Report. A missing person report is very very extensive. I think this incident report was the initial responding officer’s to the call from Laundrie family that they wanted to report him missing. MIP was entered under offense but was not really an offense as I don’t think or know that there was anyone on premises that was a “minor in possession”. Maybe someone else has a link to his actual missing person report? Not just the incident report from a responding officer.

Not sure if that is correct, I looked up the law enforcement alphabetical codes in Florida and their list stated MIP is Minor in Possession and there were multiple attorney websites in Florida that also showed MIP as Minor in Possession. The other issue is the top of the report you linked states missing, so why abbreviate it again on the report?

Not sure if that is correct, I looked up the law enforcement alphabetical codes in Florida and their list stated MIP is Minor in Possession and there were multiple attorney websites in Florida that also showed MIP as Minor in Possession. The other issue is the top of the report you linked states missing, so why abbreviate it again on the report?

But why list an old irrelevant "under age," charge as an "Offense" on a missing person incident report for someone nearly 24? I agree MIP often means Minor in Possession of Alcohol. But B was years away from being under 21. Why would that possibly be relevant now and why hadn't reporters already found that charge against him if it existed?

Maybe the officer just goofed up the form and essentially listed him as missing twice on the form?
JMO

Unless the Laundrie's negotiate an immunity deal and tell what they know, we will likely never know the details. And even then, I have no reason to believe that whatever BL told his family, or even his lawyer, was ever truthful.

Things I would like to know, but probably never will:
1) The reason for BL fight to Florida, and what he told his parents at the time.
2) What BL told his parents when he returned alone with the van.
3) What BL told his parents that caused them not to respond to Gabby's family
4) Why BL hitch-hiked around for 2 days after possibly killing his girlfriend, but then returned to the scene of the crime and hopped in the van and drove home using her credit cards. What kind of story could he come up with for this to make a bit of sense?
5) What med did BL choose not to take, and was he actually diagnosed with a psychiatric condition.
6) What did the L's really think of BL and GP's relationship.

Things we hopefully will know:
1) Where did GP's phone last ping? Did BL plant this somewhere to throw off the track or did he just turn it off at the scene?
2) Where was BL's original phone last recorded?

I.mean we.can assume. But......what if?

Well, there can always be "what ifs?" in any case. Even for cases that go to court, proof in a criminal trial isn't required to be behind all doubt with absolutely no other possibilities/100% certain. A juror is supposed to be convinced beyond a reasonable doubt the defendant is guilty before voting for guilt.

Right now from things they've said, it sounds like GP's family is pretty convinced B did it. Ironically it probably helps (now) that the L's remained silent and it's probably a good thing for her family that B took G's van and used her debit card. Those actions are not particularly persuasive to me in terms of proving B's guilt for murder. But I'm not her family. And I can certainly imagine other scenarios where B could have killed himself but it wouldn't be so easy for her family to be sure of his guilt. And while we want to know how it all happened, it would be really bad if her family was left with only vague suspicions about who did it.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member