Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To get from his parents place to
Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park
6968 Reisterstown Rd is 5 miles down Sumter Blvd. There are few sidewalks on Sumter, especially out by the I-75 overpass. Once he gets to Tropicaire Blvd, again few sidewalks if any. North Port Estates that butts up against this park is an area of 3-5 acre homesteads. People with horses ride along the roads and trails. I can assure you everyone knows everyone else's business. That has been the case for years. I looked at property there a few times.

View attachment 313091

NPPD said they are at Carlton Reserve which I mapped out at about 15 miles away. Is that different than Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park?

If he had a gun and a permit in Florida, he would have been able to carry in both Idaho and Wyoming. Not sure what other states they visited, but a Florida permit allows carry in 37 other states. It would just be a matter of following the laws in those states.
That matter is not always straight forward. Anyway, he didn't have to have a firearm to get rid of her, and using it would have drawn attention. Cops would have known immediately upon checking his flight itin that he had carried a gun.

*based only on my own experiences and these are my thoughts/opinions ONLY***
Ok, I have SO many questions. If these have been answered I apologize I have tried to read what has already been posted. I am a domestic violence survivor from an 8 yr relationship at a very young age, so I do feel that gives me some insight. I am trying very hard to be fair and not jump to conclusions. I think most people feel that this beautiful soul will sadly not be found safe. I think most feel we know who did it.
1. How did they meet?
2. How long has she lived w his family in FL?
3. Where did they get the money for this trip? It’s not cheap to travel the US, even if you live in a van. Food/gas/hotel, etc
4. How did Gabby get this van? It was hers, so how did she pay for it? Money is a primary stressor in relationships, it also welds a silent power. If one partner has more money than the other partner or contributes more monetarily to a relationship it can skew the sense of balance or power in the relationship that’s why I feel it’s important here. If Gabby paid or her family paid for that van and financed the majority of this trip it could give Brian a sense of being marginalized or having less to being to the table. Increasing the need to exert some type of power of control. Not saying that’s the case I’m simply asking the question and throwing the possibility out there & why I think that the money is important.
5. Were road trips common for these two? Ppl with anxiety or OCD in a small space for an extended amount of time can be a recipe for disaster.
6. I have not heard from Gabby’s family or friends that there was a history of abuse or strong concern for abuse by Brian, has anyone read or know if there was a history? It seems like she was fairly close with her family since she FaceTimed them three times weekly, so I feel like if she was really struggling they would be aware or know something was amiss. Nothing I have seen or heard indicates he had a bad temper. Locking her out of the van and trying to get away from her is as much for her safety as his, even though it’s her van. It makes me think that whatever happened was spontaneous and in a heated moment. The problem with that is then why not report it? why not tell the truth? Why is his family not cooperating? Why wait 3 DAYS to tell police he’s gone other than giving him ample time to run? I understand protecting your child but I have three of them and under no circumstances would I protect any of them from a murder. Because as a mother I know how gut wrenching it would be to not know where my child is. It’s bizarre.

Briefly
1.) HS
2.) 2-2.5 years
3.) All we know is they both worked at Publix and his parents JuiceBar Co.
4.) We don't know but Gabby had a Nissan Sentra prior to the van
5.) There was one previous road trip last year.
6.) There is one friend of Gabby's and BL's sister reporting there was a history.

Last edited:
It’s not odd at all. There’s a whole barefoot lifestyle. It’s super common in many cultures and in the US within yoga and natural health circles and is seen as a fitness / health accomplishment do be able to do so in all terrains . Its a sport in and of itself. It would be no different then talking about being a biker except there is no bike.

Also the common misconception is one has to “build up callouses” to do this and the opposite is actually true. Ive been barefoot for my entire life unless shoes are required (it’s part of my culture) as has my son and we are both avid and accomplished outdoorsman. My son plays soccer barefoot.

i love being barefoot. When i workout at home i do it barefoot. Some people think it’s weird but i like the agility it gives me and it just feels good. I’ll workout barefoot inside and outside on my deck. I don’t hike barefoot but i also prefer hiking shoes/sandals over heavy, hot boots. The rocky terrain here hurts my bare feet but i also feel like i have baby feet lol when i lived in the Midwest where there was actually grass i was ALWAYS barefoot. Nothing like grass on your feet. Feels so good.

I thought that earlier on too but someone pointed out that Jackson, Idaho is barely a village, just a collection of houses, let alone a city, and is unlikely to be somewhere an outsider has heard of or would especially want to go.

Good point... it just seems strange that he would ask to go to Jackson (Wyoming) and then freak out when they say they're going to Jackson Hole. It's the same place.

I doubt that there is a single resource being used in Florida that would have been in Wyoming. We have a lot of LE in this country capable of searching many more areas than they are now

My point is Brian gets the search that Gabby deserved weeks ago! He should have told where he last saw her and his silence was enabled. JMO

IMO Someone is helping BL - I think he slipped out the back and was picked up during the night - or else he hasn’t been there and the parents are not being truthful about Tuesday.
Snipped. Gabby's best friend in Florida said in the DM article he's a loner who likes to go off camping. Just my opinion, I think he often went off alone into the area where LE is now looking. I think they have a very good chance of finding him as he's on foot and they have other resources. To what end, though? He still might not talk.

NPPD said they are at Carlton Reserve which I mapped out at about 15 miles away. Is that different than Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park?
Carlton Reserve connects to the park via a footbridge only. There is no road from North Port to go over there. Typically you enter Carlton Reserve from the Myakka City, FL area if you're in a vehicle.

upload_2021-9-18_11-30-2.png

Carlton Reserve connects to the park via a footbridge only. There is no road from North Port to go over there. Typically you enter Carlton Reserve from the Myakka City, FL area if you're in a vehicle.

upload_2021-9-18_11-30-2.png

My father suffers from bipolar disorder. He says there’s this thing called hypomania that is a common trait for bipolar disorder.

I reached out to my dad because I thought it was interesting that the cop asked Brian “are you always this hyper?” He definitely seems to be a bit bipolar, which would explain a lot to me. Maybe he’s aware of it, maybe he’s undiagnosed, I don’t know.

I’m not trying to diagnose him, and I obviously don’t think being bipolar makes you a bad person. But when left untreated and when you cram yourself into a van with someone else, all of these things come out eventually. Take it from me, I’m currently on month 7 of living in a van with my partner.

My hubby and I were talking about our van life... we would go every year for 6-8 weeks for 20 years... started with just a tent then converted vans. Camping and Van Life does have its challenges... his memory was having to get water and ice every day for our food.... mine was keeping the van in order so we knew where things were... and all the bugs... We now have a Class A and its another set of challenges..but our van days bought back some great memories today....

I have a hard time believing that no one saw this guy walking around North Port, headed to this park 15 miles away, with a giant hiking pack strapped to his back. So either that didn't happen or people really don't pay attention in North Port.

IMO MOO
I wonder if neighbors have surveillance cameras.......he must be seen on SOME cameras heading to the park. Unless someone picked him up and dropped him off there.

I don't see that Gabby did anything irresponsible. Parks are full of campers doing the same thing. How were they putting themselves in a dangerous situation? How could she know what he was going to (IMO) do to her?

Camping in vans is inherently dangerous. It is only one step up from sleeping in a tent, where one is terribly vulnerable to all kinds of dangers--two-legged and four-legged. A van provides much less protection than sleeping behind the locked doors of a home. There is no bathroom-so if you have to go in the night, you have to exit the van. Anyone can walk right up on you in a van and you wont know it if you are asleep.

I completely agree with you. I think you have a highly anxious girl and laid back guy who wanted a cool travel experience together. Living together is hard, worse when it’s less than 100 sq feet. There was no plan here. He’s flying blind and freaking out. Whatever happened was not planned

I agree. I am not commenting on his reported past behaviors or claims of abuse but I think their plan was to keep this trip going until Halloween, as toxic and awful as it seemed to be, stay together, etc., but something really, really bad happened and every decision he has made since has been in a state of panic and fear (I’m not using fear in a sympathetic way at all, but I don’t think he planned to kill her and now doesn’t want to get caught) He looks so incredibly guilty and I just don’t think something well-thought out would look like this. I think he has gone off and killed himself but obviously that’s just my opinion.

I have a hard time believing that no one saw this guy walking around North Port, headed to this park 15 miles away, with a giant hiking pack strapped to his back. So either that didn't happen or people really don't pay attention in North Port.

IMO MOO
Maybe people were too busy howling into megaphones outside his house to notice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member