Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speculation here, but perhaps BL is hiding for a period of time long enough to let body evidence (e.g., scratches, bruises) heal?

Perhaps he is already driving back to Wyoming?
I dont think he would be headed back to WY, too much police/FBI presence. But he has had roughly 2 weeks to stash supplies in certain areas to stay hidden for a time, also speculating

This one says Carlton Reserve on the headline-are they are both places? I haven’t looked at them on a map is this a both ends of a large area situation?
It is an enormous area that is connected to Myakka State Park. I'm sure the area they are searching is along the canal that separates it from North Port.

upload_2021-9-18_12-2-31.png

Carlton Reserve | Visit Sarasota

I can’t find the answer but the threads are moving too fast. Forgive me if it’s been asked and answered.
They are from NY and were high school friends? He moved to Florida first and then she followed him? Then her dad moved there?
Are any of their high school friends or coworkers speaking much? Also, she claimed to be a yogi and nutritionist but really she worked at a Publix and juice bar?
There’s a lot of missing info on this couple.

I'm trying to catch up on the fast-moving threads.

These two things stand out to me:

AUGUST 13th Is this the last sighting of Gabby by the law enforcement when pulled over for speeding?
Any proof she was seen after that night by anyone or better yet a security camera?
Hotel survillence cameras?

Why did BL fly back home to Florida? Did he say they broke up temporarily?
Or had planned to fly back for another reason? Was this a planned or spur-of-the-moment trip?
If NOT planned sounds like they weren't getting along or broke up or he accidentally killed her panicked and returned home.
The date AUGUST 13th/14th stand put to me as important dates.

If I’m not mistaken her mother FaceTimed with her 8/25

I just had a random thought. Stick with me for a moment.
Gabby’s last IG post says “Happy Halloween”
There’s been feelings that Brian changed Gabby’s IG captions
The original travel plans were to travel until Halloween.
What if after Brian did something to Gabby he changed that caption to “Happy Halloween” signifying that now it’s all over. Eerie and dark-but honestly does seem in-line with his interests.
Just a random thought that I had & I couldn’t not share it.

Sorry if someone else has said this already (I'm a couple of pages behind at the moment and this thread moves so quickly) but if the caption had been edited, it would be flagged as such on Instagram when you click the caption and the time of the update would be displayed - I've just tried with my own Instagram (attached file). That particular caption definitely wasn't edited after posting.

Attachments

• Point Blur_Sep182021_170142.jpg
    Point Blur_Sep182021_170142.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 42
I agree, but I'm concerned that both are or may become recovery rather than return operations.

This is such a sad case. Youth, potential, taking off on an journey that contains so many elements of the dream life -- adventure, freedom, wilderness, the open road, and so on, and ends in the wreckage of twin search operations in two (maybe more) states to bring home the missing and possibly prosecute a killer.

This is very hard to watch unfold. Hopefully GB's family will find some answers, and not have to deal with another ugly twist in the road before they do.
To me, it's just cruel the way he has not helped and his family has covered for him.
If he really did nothing wrong, he could at least have that lawyer say where he last saw Gabby....at the very least. Instead, just nothing.

I'm trying to catch up on the fast-moving threads.

These two things stand out to me:

AUGUST 13th Is this the last sighting of Gabby by the law enforcement when pulled over for speeding?
Any proof she was seen after that night by anyone or better yet a security camera?
Hotel survillence cameras?

Why did BL fly back home to Florida? Did he say they broke up temporarily?
Or had planned to fly back for another reason? Was this a planned or spur-of-the-moment trip?
If NOT planned sounds like they weren't getting along or broke up or he accidentally killed her panicked and returned home.
The date AUGUST 13th/14th stand put to me as important dates.

If I’m not mistaken her mother FaceTimed her 8/25

I have watched the video in full when they were stopped by LE with the van. Near the end at around 1hr 11 secs, the LEO mentions Yosemite to him when he is driving him to the hotel. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a hard time believing that no one saw this guy walking around North Port, headed to this park 15 miles away, with a giant hiking pack strapped to his back. So either that didn't happen or people really don't pay attention in North Port.

IMO MOO
Maybe people did see him. He was only reported missing late last night so hopefully anybody who saw him will call in a tip.

Could BL flying to FL be a lie GP told her parents? I did RV life. and a few days at a hotel sounds so nice sometimes. I can only imagine van life feeling even more cramped and tiring sometimes. Especially when you’re having relationship issues. Maybe they didn’t have the funds so they made that up so her parents would pay for a hotel for her to stay at so she’d be safer than staying in the van alone while he was “gone”. MOO
That's why I was wondering a few threads back, who paid for the hotel room. I'm sure LE knows that and all the facts regarding the storage move explanation. I cannot make sense of that trip he took to FL. But, air tickets and storage facilities are easy to verify. I think that Gabby told her mom he was going to help his dad move things, but none of this has been verified?

That "Happy Halloween" IG August post is very weird.

What if he had posts prepared.. On Instagram you can schedule posts way in advance. Many "Influencers" can do this so that they're posting regularly and consistently.

What if he accidentally uploaded a post early that had been scheduled for posting on Halloween..

The plan was to arrive by Halloween at her relatives place in Oregon....they may have just found something cute to give to them and put up an early post. ...as a way of saying...see you soon ....plus America sells holiday stuff two months early everywhere...maybe it was a joke, we have no idea

It was actually her grandmother's best friend's home and I stated MOO I'm not going to debate it with you.

I feel certain Kylen Schulte and Crystal Turner the two married campers murdered in Moab by a psychopath last month would not share your high opinion as to safety of camping. Here are some other recent camping murders:

Man Charged With Two Murders After Bodies Of Missing Campers Found - WOUB Public Media

Widow of murdered California camper files $90 million lawsuit: report

Missing Ohio campers found shot to death in separate spots; suspect arrested
And we could all post 100+ links to people killed driving, in their own bedrooms, or at work.

But on the other hand, why would the police detectives release sensitive information to the media?

True. But the police specially said in the press release this morning that the parents did not give any information on Gabby. If they were just keeping things confidential they would have said something more along the lines of we won’t comment on that Etc. IMO

The amount of media attention this is getting while other people (including children/teens) go missing without any sort of media attention at all is bothersome.

There's always someone who says this in every case that is getting a lot of attention. Some cases have more information to follow than others, and it's as simple as that.

@
Yet another unbelievably selfish act. Now taking resources from finding Gabby to find BL on the run. The family must be ashamed of themselves. Suddenly they are concerned and want help? I wonder if the irony is lost on them.

#findgabby
Has there ever been a sighting of him in FL by anyone other than his family?”

I have watched the video in full when they were stopped by LE with the van. Near the end at around 1hr 11 secs, the LEO mentions Yosemite to him when he is driving him to the hotel. I hope no one is offended by this but some of the things they said and did during the time they were stopped by the Police looks staged.
Example(s)?

What if he had posts prepared.. On Instagram you can schedule posts way in advance. Many "Influencers" can do this so that they're posting regularly and consistently.

What if he accidentally uploaded a post early that had been scheduled for posting on Halloween..
I was thinking something along the same lines. Like maybe she actually created the post and had saved it or scheduled it for Halloween, and then he accessed the account and accidentally made it go live? I don't use Insta that much, but I run a facebook group where I schedule posts, and I've accidentally let some loose before I intended before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChillThrills