Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't get why her parents waited so long to report her missing.
I can kind of understand that they thought she might just not have cell service, might be really really off-grid which is what her goal was in living the van life, right? She's at the age of learning adulting so they might have been really conflicted - do we intervene? do we do nothing? do we panic? My heart breaks for them, it really does.

I’ve said it before, but I think it’s really important to remember that Brian is just some 23-24 year old young adult who wanted to go on a long roadtrip with his girlfriend and not a criminal mastermind.

I see so many people here and other places suggesting that he was plotting or planning stuff like disappearing from the beginning and I think so of us have read too many crime novels.

More than likely, the news of being a POI scared the dickens out of him because he’s guilty as all heck and he ran. I would also guess that his plan this entire time hasn’t really been a plan- just a serious of actions and reactions as he is running scared from LE, even before they knew anything was wrong.

His comments to the TikTokker that allegedly picked him up speak volumes here. He had no trouble speaking to LE in Moab so we know he does talk to the police. I believe the ones who encouraged Brian to invoke his 5th amendment rights were his parents. They seem to be the secretive ones who are trying to protect their son.

This all means that Brian is very very very likely to have made major mistakes in all of this. He probably believed, as so many people do, that they’d never find her body or never look too hard into her disappearance and just take his word for what happened. But when he realized that the hikes they were taking were all carefully recorded on The Dyrt and their phones had other valuable stored information that can be retrieved through their network carrier, he panicked and ran.

I just want to reiterate- I think we are giving Brian way too much credit to assume he has some great plan here. I think he’s a 20-something baby adult who is way in over his head.

OT. I assume that is you and your pup in the pic? Both of you are adorable. Enjoy your travels and stay safe!

at first her parents could not contact them. At some point i think the father that who maybe lives in Florida went by BL parents house to find out why they could not get into contact with them and found the van back at his parents home. The missing persons report, van impound etc happened within a day or two after these events.
Gabby's dad didn't go to the Laundrie house. It was discussed at length right here, yesterday and last night. It's probably on the media thread.

Yet another unbelievably selfish act. Now taking resources from finding Gabby to find BL on the run. The family must be ashamed of themselves. Suddenly they are concerned and want help? I wonder if the irony is lost on them.
#findgabby

Just an IME. I have a close friend who has an adult brother that clearly has the family completely hoodwinked. I’d guess this guy is either a sociopath or psychopath if he were diagnosed. They do EVERYTHING for him. He’s 32 years old and mom still makes him three meals a day, does his laundry, pays for everything. My friend (his sister) is kind of onto him but she thinks he’s autistic. He’s not. He’s malicious, manipulative, conniving and everyone in that family jumps when he wants anything. No one questions him - ever bc he flies off the handle. They fear him but don’t realize it. They’re the kindest, most giving meekest people and he’s just a monster.

Not to give BLs parents too much leeway but maybe it’s a similar situation? They would have no idea where Gabby was bc he would tell them to mind their own business and they would.

Last edited:
The amount of media attention this is getting while other people (including children/teens) go missing without any sort of media attention at all is bothersome.

I think it is getting more attention because of all the video they have of the traffic stop and actually seeing her personality. Most cases don't have this.

Gabby's dad didn't go to the Laundrie house. It was discussed at length right here, yesterday and last night. It's probably on the media thread.
then you should give the timeline as you know it. Not just say that and then not explain it to him. I did my best with what i knew

Article updated SEP 18, 2021
Woman says she and her boyfriend picked up Laundrie hitchhiking (fox13now.com)
Police have confirmed a TikTok users claims that she picked up Brian Laundrie, the boyfriend of missing woman Gabby Petito, while he was hiking alone in Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming in late August.

FOX 13 has reached out to authorities and police confirmed that they have been in contact with the TikTok user, Miranda Baker. They say her story is "possibly credible."

[...]

What I can not figure out with this hitchhiking story is why Laundrie was hitchhiking at all.

The plan was to arrive by Halloween at her relatives place in Oregon....they may have just found something cute to give to them and put up an early post. ...as a way of saying...see you soon ....plus America sells holiday stuff two months early everywhere...maybe it was a joke, we have no idea

A few threads back, someone suggested BL was wanting to go to Jackson ID for $200. That is seemingly possible as it's on the way to Oregon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChillThrills