WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 8/25/21, MEDIA, MAPS *NO DISCUSSION*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OCT 21, 2021
Brian was 'VERY upset' when parents last saw him flee home, lawyer says
Laundrie attorney Steven Bertolino recalled how Brian was so distraught on September 13, and despite his father’s pleas to stay under their North Port, Florida roof - the 23-year-old ex-fiance left for the last time.

"I can tell you Brian was very upset when he left," the attorney explained in an interview with NBC News.

"Chris conveyed to me several times he wished he wouldn't have let him go, but he couldn't stop him."

[...]

OCT 21, 2021
Brian Laundrie search: Where the Gabby Petito case now stands
[...]

Could Brian Laundrie’s parents be in legal trouble?

“It depends on what they know and what they knew,” said Aronberg, “It’s not enough that they remained silent or lawyered up or didn’t call the Petito family back, all of that stuff is not a crime. But if they actively tried to hide evidence, destroy evidence, sanitize the van, helped Brian escape. It’s also a crime if they lied to investigators — that would be the crime of obstruction of an investigation.”

[...]

OCT 21, 2021
Brian Laundrie search: No discrepancy between FBI and parents on missing timeline, says family lawyer
[...]

"We notified the FBI that night or the next morning that Brian didn't come home from his hike. So, the FBI was aware that Brian didn't come home from day one," Bertolino explained, emphasizing there are no discrepancies from that communication with the FBI.

[...]

Josh Taylor, a spokesperson for North Port Police Department (NPPD), struck back in an email to Fox News Digital Thursday that in "no way was any of the NPPD’s actions, comments, or reporting reflective of the NPPD having information that Brian Laundrie was missing on that Monday the 13th."

"Please keep in mind that NPPD was an assisting agency until Tuesday night September 14th," he wrote. "I’m confident that if that were true, the information would have been relayed."

"No response was given in any form," Taylor said Thursday. "Our door to getting info, including Brian being potentially missing, was wide open."

He reiterated that the police department was not notified about Brian's possible disappearance until that Friday, Sept. 17.

"I was in the room when it happened," Taylor continued. "The FBI called and informed us that the family now believed he was missing since Tuesday and we needed to head over to the home to begin a missing person investigation. Remember, they later changed that story to Monday."

[...]

OCT 22, 2021 (Video)
Full Interview: Laundrie family attorney Steve Bertolino discusses (abc7ny.com)

11:20 mark:

"Chris and Roberta knew that their son Brian was grieving. They knew he was SO upset.

And you know, they just couldn't control that he was leaving and he left; he walked out the door. And Chris has said to me, 'I wish I could have stopped him, but I couldn't.'

He's 22 years old and he's walking out the door. So yeah, they suspected that he may have hurt himself. And whether or not that's confirmed remains to be seen."

11:47 mark:

The reporter asks Bertolino if he wants to talk any more about that conversation they had before he left the house and Bertolino responds, "No."

Photo of the white dry bag

OCT 20, 2021
Brian Laundrie search: Family lawyer addresses rumors parents planted evidence in Florida swamp | Fox News

bag.png

A police officer carries the dry bag that Chris and Roberta Laundrie found in the Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park Wednesday. (Michael Ruiz/Fox News Digital)

Public attention turns to Brian Laundrie's parents after FBI confirms his remains found in reserve (nbcnews.com)

The parents' cooperation was essential in helping authorities find Laundrie, former police said.

After searching for more than a month, authorities found the skeletal remains of Brian Laundrie — who was a person of interest in the disappearance of his fiancée, Gabby Petito — and the break in the case came from his parents.

Investigators located partial human remains Wednesday at the Carlton Reserve, a sprawling Florida wildlife refuge that was Laundrie's last known location. The remains were identified as the 23-year-old man through dental records, the FBI field office in Denver announced Thursday.

This came after Laundrie's parents directed FBI agents and North Port police to an area where "some articles belonging to Brian were found," according to a statement Wednesday by Laundrie’s family’s attorney Steven Bertolino. He said the Laundries found the items "in an area where they had initially advised law enforcement that Brian may be."...

Attachments

• 1 Power Line Trail . Bridge . LE Vehicles . Laundrie House - Copy.png
    1 Power Line Trail . Bridge . LE Vehicles . Laundrie House - Copy.png
    977.7 KB · Views: 33
  • Apx 1050 Yards - BL to M.png
    Apx 1050 Yards - BL to M.png
    1,017 KB · Views: 32
OCT 22, 2021
Brian Laundrie's lawyer: FBI has 'everything they need' in Gabby Petito murder probe | Fox News
The attorney for now-deceased Brian Laundrie and his vilified parents said he has been told by the FBI that they believe they "have everything they need" with respect to the investigation into the murder of Gabby Petito.

[...]

On Friday, Bertolino said he spoke to Brian Laundrie on Sept. 12 and Sept. 13, the same day he is alleged to have disappeared after leaving for a hike in the nearby Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park.

The attorney, who said he has known the Laundrie family for more than 20 years, said during a previous television interview that Brian was "grieving" and was upset when he left for the hike that day.

On Friday, he stepped away from that, saying he used the "wrong term," and "could have used a better choice of words."

"I still stand by that Brian was upset, he was distressed. … He was out of sorts," Bertolino told Fox News Digital. "At the time, Chris said, you know, ‘I couldn’t stop him. He was going.’ Brian was determined to go for a hike, and that seems to be something that we wish he didn’t do."

[...]

He would not explain why Brian Laundrie was so upset that day, citing confidentiality concerns.

Brian Entin on Twitter
Just interviewed North Port Police. Headlines:
-Notebook: they believe it is salvageable
-They think it is purely coincidence the Laundries found Brian's personal items at reserve.
-Police never followed Brian in the Mustang when he went to the reserve.
More soon on NewsNation.
5:21 PM · Oct 22, 2021·Twitter Web App

Brian Entin on Twitter
Also -- they are disputing Laundrie attorney Steven Bertolino's timeline about when he told police Brian was missing.
5:21 PM · Oct 22, 2021·Twitter Web App

Jodi Goldberg on Twitter
#UPDATE: The #Laundrie family attorney tells @fox5ny, Brian's autopsy
has been completed and no matter or cause of death could be identified through his remains. Now his bones will be sent to an anthropologist to be examined. #BrianLaundrie #GabbyPetito

5:48 PM · Oct 22, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Brian Entin on Twitter (Video)
One of the things I held off on reporting -- but now will because Brian Laundrie is confirmed dead. Police installed hidden cameras around the house -- including this camera in a neighbor's yard behind the house. This particular camera was installed after Brian went missing.
YkJNoGrotxtgIucc

8:30 PM · Oct 22, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Brian Entin on Twitter
North Port Police today talked to me today about the cameras. They say there are other cameras that went up sooner -- before Brian disappeared.
8:32 PM · Oct 22, 2021·Twitter Web App

Last edited:
OCT 22, 2021
'A bad state of mind': What the last conversation Brian Laundrie had with his parents was like - East Idaho News
[...]

“Brian to my knowledge was never quote ‘suicidal,’ and ultimately he was in a bad state of mind when he left. Chris (Laundrie) had conveyed that to me. Chris has said, ‘I wish I didn’t let him walk out of the door.’ But you know, he was a young adult, 22 years old, he’s certainly allowed to walk out the door,” said Steven Bertolino, the Laundrie family attorney.

[...]

Bertolino talked with EastIdahoNews.com on Friday and said he didn’t know word for word what Brian and his parents Chris and Roberta’s last conversation entailed, but he knew the gist of it.

“Brian had said that he was going out for a hike, that he had packed his backpack. Chris and Roberta didn’t think too much about it because he was always going out on hikes. He was a young man, very independent,” he said.

Law enforcement found Laundrie’s remains on the reserve. They also found Laundrie’s personal items, including a backpack, a notebook, a dry bag and some clothing.

“Chris came across the dry bag. At the same time close by, law enforcement came across the backpack nearer to the (human) remains. That area was two to three feet underwater several weeks ago,” said Bertolino.

[...]

Bertolino told EastIdahoNews.com that he and the Laundrie family have not been given any information on the notebook, and they haven’t even seen it.

[...]

Bertolino said the Petito and Laundrie families have not talked to each other during this time, and it’s up to them if they ever want to.

“We all know there’s a lot of anger, and there’s a lot of grief on both sides. A lot of anger on the Petito side, understandably,” Bertolino said.

[...]

OCT 22, 2021
Brian Laundrie’s remains given to anthropologist, lawyer says | KRON4
The remains of Brian Laundrie were sent to an anthropologist because medical examiners could not determine his cause of death, according to his attorney, Steven Bertolino.

Investigators have not said exactly what condition the remains were in when they found them on Wednesday. Sources have told NewsNation they were bones and a partial skull.

[...]

OCT 22, 2021
NPPD's Josh Taylor speaks one-on-one about the discovery of Brian Laundrie's remains - NBC2 News (nbc-2.com)
[...]

“It is an area that they had said was a potential for Brian,” Taylor said. “I can tell you that area was searched multiple times but mostly with airboats, I mean that gives you an idea of the condition that the area was in.

[...]

With claims circling on social media, we asked Taylor if the Laundrie’s could have planted Brian’s items in the reserve:

JOSH TAYLOR: Having personally seen the elements there is 100% no way that the family planted anything.

We asked if there were any weapons found in the area throughout the search for Brian Laundrie:

TAYLOR: I think there’s more evidence that has certainly been collected and the revealing of that evidence will happen at the proper time.

[...]

We asked if Brian’s parents could have possibly lied to police during this investigation:

TAYLOR: It appears they have been open and honest as far as looking for their son and sharing that information as it all turns out.

They just simply haven’t given information when it comes to anything they may have known about Gabby and her death and the potential for Brian’s involvement.

[...]

OCT 22, 2021
Brian Laundrie was 'grieving' when he vanished, before Petito found dead, lawyer says: LIVE UPDATES (foxnews.com)
Bertolino: Conversations were had 'several weeks ago' between Laundries and FBI on possible charges
Laundrie family attorney Steve Bertolino told NBC News that the FBI discussed with the Laundrie family possible charges being filed against them but ultimately declined to file any.

"What I can tell you is that conversations were held several weeks ago with the FBI with respect to certain charges," Bertolino said. "When questioned and when certain communications were had between myself and the FBI I think it was realized that charges were not appropriate."

[...]

Police no longer in swamp area where Brian Laundrie's body and belongings were found

96d04d344310b29546192b69f4f39390.jpg

Fox News Digital returned to the area in Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park where items belonging to Brian Laundrie were found and saw no police presence at the park.

Additionally, police have sprayed orange paint that appeared to contain numbering or lettering about 10-15 yards from where the items where Laundrie's bag was found.

[...]

OCT 22, 2021
Brian Laundrie: Timeline of his disappearance still doesn't jibe among authorities and his family's lawyer - CNN
[...]

Investigators were never in the same room as Laundrie after Petito was reported missing, North Port police have said.

[...]

Laundrie's father, Chris, went to look for Brian on the night of September 13 after his son didn't return from the park, Bertolino told CNN.

The next day, September 14, Chris and Roberta Laundrie returned to the area outside the Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park to look for him and found the family's Ford Mustang with an abandoned vehicle notice placed on it, Bertolino said at the time. North Port police confirmed the citation had been placed on the car.

The parents returned the next day, September 15, to retrieve the vehicle.

"Let the record be clear, the Laundries reported Brian did not come home the night he went out for the hike," Bertolino told CNN Wednesday. "I actually reported that to the FBI, personally."

[...]

OCT 22, 2021
"The first time that the North Port Police Department was informed that Brian was missing was on that Friday, the 17th. I was in the room when the phone call came in, and it just takes your breath away," Josh Taylor, a spokesperson for the department said.

Shortly after that call, police say Roberta and Chris Laundrie pointed them to the Carlton Reserve. "They certainly seemed concerned and I think that that grew in the coming weeks because they obviously hadn't heard from Brian," Taylor said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734