WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 8/25/21, MEDIA, MAPS *NO DISCUSSION*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
New statement released by Brian's lawyer per FOX13
https://twitter.com/brian_schnee/status/1438232294309781504?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet
e_wgdkrvgaaltlr-png.312676

Cops reveal Petito, Laundrie fought a month before she was reported missing
By Jorge Fitz-Gibbon

Gabby Petito and her boyfriend scuffled near a Utah national park last month, telling police that tension between the two “had been building over the last few days,” according to police records.

Petito also told cops she feared her beau, Brian Laundrie, was going to drive off and leave her behind.

Petito and Laundrie told cops in Moab, Utah, during the Aug. 12 incident that they had been traveling together for months and that the “emotional strain between them” had led to an “increased number of arguments,” the report, obtained by The Post, shows.

Gabby Petito live updates: Latest on missing Long Island woman
—-

Missing Gabby Petito was seen 'hitting' her boyfriend in the arm, police report reveals | Daily Mail Online

'I texted Brian's mom that I was trying to get in touch with Gabby. I also texted Brian. I got no replies,' Schmidt said.

'I knew something was wrong,' she said. 'I felt something was off and I needed to get her reported missing immediately.'

She went to report Gabby missing later that day but police initially blew her off. The next day, she was allowed to file a report with the Suffolk County police department.

Brian's family have since refused to let authorities interview their son when the van that the couple had traveled in before she disappeared was seized from their property late on Saturday night.

Schmidt said Brian's sister Cassie is the only member of Brian's family who has spoken to authorities.

She said she can't understand why neither Brian nor his parents have reached out to her in the aftermath of her daughter's disappearance.

'It's a very mysterious situation. We don't understand why he's doing this. Everybody's assuming the worst and thinking he's guilty of this. But I don't want to believe that. I want to believe she's just in need of help out there and that everybody needs to keep searching.'
—-
the police reports.

https://mobile.twitter.com/kkuizon/status/1438207512684212229/photo/1

North Port Police say at this moment technically they don’t have a crime – they just have a missing person. BUT I was told today “we are looking at every avenue necessary to see if this meets any type of criteria for hindering an investigation of a missing person.

video clip
https://mobile.twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1438315158414270467

https://mobile.twitter.com/brianentin/status/1438327106711216129

SNN
@SNNTV

Thursday at noon
@NorthPortPolice
are providing another update on the search for #GabbyPetito. A representative from the FBI and one of Gabby's family members will be in attendance. SNN will be carrying the press conference live on the air, tomorrow at 12pm.
—-
https://mobile.twitter.com/snntv/status/1438327534500782284

WLNS Newsroom
@WLNS

An urgent search is on across multiple states to find Gabby Petito, a 22-year-old who went missing while on a cross-country road trip with her boyfriend.

https://mobile.twitter.com/wlns/status/1438327367349329923

Shannon Bream
@ShannonBream

If you’re tracking the Gabby Petito case- you won’t want to miss tonight’s show….
@foxnewsnight
@FoxNews
—-
After processing the van Tuesday, North Port Police Communications Manager Josh Taylor said there were “some materials” of possible interest, but no other details about the contents were released.
Gabby Petito's fiancé now a person of interest in missing woman's case

Last edited:
SEP 15, 2021
Gabby Petito's stepfather tells her boyfriend 'to step up and do the right thing | Daily Mail Online
The stepfather of missing van-life woman Gabby Petito heaved with emotion Wednesday as he stared out onto the vast mountain range in Wyoming where his daughter was last seen, then turned to face the camera and pleaded for help in finding his stepdaughter.

[...]

'Our family's aware of the statements made by his attorney,' Schmidt said, forcefully. 'It's unacceptable. It is unacceptable to us. We deserve more. Gabby deserves more information out there. She deserves to be found and brought home safe. And we need you to step up and do the right thing.

'I understand a parent's wishes are to always protect their children, no matter what,' he continued. 'I understand that. But it's also about teaching your children the right thing and doing the right thing, no matter what the circumstances are. Whatever may have transpired or didn't transpire, they need to come forward and start speaking to law enforcement agencies and be forthcoming with information.

'The longer they don't, the longer it's going to take to bring her home. And we need her home now. So, they have to. It's not a matter of sit back. They have to come forward, for Gabby, for everyone.'

[...]

He spoke about Gabby's love of the outdoors, how they used to camp together when she was younger.

'It was nothing like this,' he said. 'Not that long ago, she took a trip like this, more along the West coast, California area, and fell in love with the area. She wanted to come back. She wanted to do all these parks and hit all these beautiful places around here and experience life. That's really what she's about, she's about living in the moment, experiencing life, and just enjoying it.'

He appealed to the public for information on his daughter, especially people who may have been traveling through the region around the time of her disappearance, in late August.

'If you were out in this area, if you been out here in this timeframe and have pictures or video, please go back and see if there's anything in there where you may have seen here,' he said. 'And call the tip line. All that information's going to help us.'

[...]

SEP 15, 2021
'How could you do this to Gabby?' Petito family lashes out against Brian Laundrie (fox4news.com)
[...]

On Wednesday, Gabby's extended family said: "Everyday the search for Gabby continues the Schmidt and Petito family becomes more desperate. They are frantically searching for answers and information in their daughter’s disappearance while Brian sits in the comfort of his home."

It went on to state: "Brian claims he wants to sit in the background while we search for Gabby in the wilderness of the Grand Teton and Yellowstone national parks. Brian left Gabby in the wilderness with grizzly bears and wolves while he sits in the comfort of his home. In his home!"

It asks him: "Brian, how could you do this to Gabby? You selfishly remain silent while Gabby is all alone in the wilderness. Brian, your silence is reprehensible! We beg you to do the right thing and help us bing [sic] Gabby home."

It ends with: "Brian, whatever happened in Wyoming, happened. The only thing you can control is what you do now. Tell us where Gabby is. You tarnish your love for her with your silence."

[...]

Warning- body cam video at links
Body cam clips:

https://twitter.com/BrianaFernNews/status/1438449749686988804

—-

Body camera video released of police interaction with Petito, Laundrie after 911 call

The Moab City Police Department in Utah released body camera footage of their interaction with Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie from back on August 12.

The body camera captures officers responding to a 911 call reporting a domestic incident between Petito and Laundrie.

Live updates: Search for Gabby Petito enters day 6, family beg her boyfriend to help find her

Search for Gabby Petito enters day 6, family beg her boyfriend to help find her
—-

New bodycam video reveals emotional Utah incident between Gabby Petito and boyfriend

More footage attached at this link.
—-

The mental diagnosis GP mentions in the body cam video is OCD (Obsessive–compulsive disorder).

New bodycam video reveals emotional Utah incident between Gabby Petito and boyfriend
—-
Complete (raw) body cam video:

SEP 16, 2021
Body camera video released of police interaction with Gabby Petito, Brian Laundrie after 911 call - ABC7 New York (abc7ny.com)
[...]

The officer summarized the encounter in the report.

"The male tried to create distance by telling Gabbie to take a walk to calm down," he wrote. "She didn't want to be separated from the male, and began slapping him. He grabbed her face and pushed her back as she pressed upon him and the van."

Police said all parties agreed that Petito had slapped Laundrie and that he had not struck her, and that there were no serious injuries and no party wanted to press charges.

Petito reportedly told officers she suffers from serious anxiety and other redacted medical conditions, and police categorized the incident as a "mental/emotional health break" rather than a domestic assault. Petito told police that the arguments between the couple had been building over the past couple of days.

[...]

Garrison said there are no plans to obtain a search warrant for his parents home, where the two lived. "We don't have a crime in this. We are investigating a missing person."

[...]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member