Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand why we're talking about it but honestly I don't care about the Utah stop. I can't tell anything about them from it.

What I can't get past is not telling police the last time you saw your missing girlfriend. If she walked away, you can say that. If she left you, you can say that. If she met another guy, you can say that. If you got mad and left her at a coffee shop, you can say that. It doesn't matter if you are a good person, a bad person, a narcissist, a kind and gentle man, an aggressive SOB - most people would still want to find their missing loved one.

Unless they were responsible for the disappearance. I really can't think of any other reason. So I don't know why we need to get bogged down in debating whether Brian is an angel because if he was that good of a person he'd tell someone where Gabby is. Period.

Unsure, but Brian's last IG post was Aug. 13 and he appeared alone on a hike. I assume they met up later in the day of Aug.13th. I did notice something else odd but I think it might still fit. Gabby's IG post at Delicate Arch is dated Aug. 12 (morning hike...And yes it does sound more like Brian actually wrote it but she clearly is alive in the photos...)
Login • Instagram
Then they go to the coffee shop at 9:00 am and stay 6 hours according to PD report. When they are pulled over at 5+pm Brian wants to be taken back to Delicate Arch? I assumed for another hike but maybe just to camp out there (which is not allowed).
She says in the post they did the hike on a Monday. The previous Monday was the 9th, so that's likely when the hike was taken.

Thanks. I still haven't gotten over that news article someone posted a couple of days ago about the woman getting dragged out of a tent and killed by a grizzly while camped in a town by the Post Office.
Sorry for the OT. Grizzlies have been having a difficult time, including from droughts & fires. They actually trashed a bunch of homes in Tahoe - including literally breaking windows to get inside- during the few days of mandatory evacuation for fire a bit ago.

I have read about different posters abuse experiences ( I've been through it too) but I'm leaving that part of my brain out of it till we get all of the facts. Bryan going on the run, I hope he hasn't done something stupid, not worried about him I'm more concerned what information he has regarding Gabby. *advertiser censored*

If he was in or near Yellowstone instead of Yosemite when he sent the text to GP’s mom on the 30th and IF that was him hitching a ride on the 29th it would be next to impossible to arrive in FL on the 1st. It’s a 36 hour drive. Factor in gas, food and sleep stops and that adds a minimum of another 15 hours (15 gallon tank = 160 miles per tank) if he only slept 4 hours per day. That’s a total of 51 hours and if he left from Yellowstone that adds another 2-2 1/2 hours. His parents are definitely lying about his arrival date.
But they lie about everything it seems so no surprise.
It is completely doable. There are 31 days in August. I’ve made a similar drive in 3 days during a snowstorm and got plenty of sleep.

Gabby called family near 'zone of death' where 'perfect murder' could happen

GABBY Petito's last contact with her family came when she was just miles from the so-called "zone of death" — an area of remote wilderness where a legal loophole has led some to believe a murderer could get away scot-free there.

RSBM

Although most of Yellowstone National Park falls into Wyoming State, some parts are located in Montana and Idaho — causing a loophole that could be exploited by criminals.

The zone of death is a 50-mile stretch of land in Yellowstone National Park.

Michigan State University law professor Brian C Kalt explains the area in his 2005 Georgetown Law Journal paper, known as The Perfect Crime.

I think jurisdiction for law enforcement such as traffic enforcement would rest with the state but the prosecution for a crime would be federal rather than state because a National Park is federal land. JMO

I agree, that looks like a bandage, or duct tape!
Who has a tattoo that looks like duct tape? I do think that looks like a photo of BL but the quality of the photo is so bad. I wonder why it's so blurry. Most cellphones take better photos than that. I was sure we'd see a sharper image of that photo today.
It wasn’t a cellphone photo. It was a screenshot from an IG or FB live which was already blurry because reception was terrible.

The Spread Creek dispersed campground makes a lot of sense as a search area for Gabby:

1. It's listed as one of the camp areas G & B were considering on their Dyrt account (on their "Near Yellowstone" list)

2. Two local men out spotting elk told a reporter they saw a van like Gabby's on August 29 at the Spread Creek campground
"KSL’s Garna Mejia actually ran into a local man who said he and a friend saw Petito’s van as they were spotting for elk on Aug. 29.
“He thought he had seen the white sprinter van described — blacked out rims, wheels,” said Tyler Valentine. “We all live in this small town, so when this stuff happens, we all take a little bit of initiative and try to look out for things.”
What’s interesting about Spread Creek is that Petito had marked the place as a possible camping area through the Dyrt website, something Valentine and his friend were unaware of when we spoke with them."
Search intensifies for Gabby Petito; police respond to Laundrie home in Florida

3. It's within hiking distance of both Colter Bay (15 mi) and Jackson Dam (10 mi) - 2 places we know Brian was on August 29.

4. Also, when I looked at a map it occurred to me that Brian may have gotten anxious and asked to get out suddenly from the TikTok girl's jeep for a different reason. Driving south from Colter Bay toward Jackson, there's a fork in road near the dam - it appears that the jeep driver took the park road instead of the highway (191). If Brian was trying to get back to the Spread Creek campground where the van was parked, he wanted to go on 191, because that's the road which leads to the turn off to the campground. So as soon as the driver took the right turn on the park road, instead of 191, Brian freaked out and asked to get out. And where was he? The Jackson Dam area.
This all occurred to me as well the turn off to Jackson Hole through the park, but another option existed based on his description. He said they camped "in the middle of nowhere" and later "along the Snake River". While those campgrounds are close to the snake the RKO road/Bar B C is near Jenny Lake and runs along the west bank of the Snake River. I'm pretty sure camping is not allowed as it is within the Park boundary IIRC. But yes I have a map that indicates both spots.

Any thought that maybe the hitching a ride and being a fountain of information about their trip and blogging was on purpose? He acted weird so they would remember it and threw out that big payment too. If he were trying to distance himself from all of that he would have made up something else, imo. I think the showering at that location was a clean up move. And he wanted to act like Gabby was still on the trip with him.

OOH Interesting connection. The friend's birthday was the 29th, and she was supposed to be heading to Yellowstone. This could have been the argument that led to *whatever he did to her* and him returning home without her.
IMO

Gabby Petito's pal says she missed meet up but sent 'strange' final text to mom
That's what I'm thinking may have happened. It would explain why he was desperate enough to offer $200 for a lift back, knowing he was very late getting back to the van and he knew Gabby would be upset.
Edit: to add MOO

I agree, that looks like a bandage, or duct tape!
Who has a tattoo that looks like duct tape? I do think that looks like a photo of BL but the quality of the photo is so bad. I wonder why it's so blurry. Most cellphones take better photos than that. I was sure we'd see a sharper image of that photo today.
Do you see this person wearing shoes in this photo because it looks like no shoes to me but Florida pavement is hot. I am only asking because BL liked to be without shoes as shown in their SM posts.

Does that pic that is suspected of being BL walking look like he is not wearing shoes? I swear it looks like he is barefoot and it has been stated before he liked to be barefoot but on Florida pavement?
either that, or possibly the flip flops from the bodycam footage? it's so hard to tell with the pixelation

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member