WI WI - Liberty "Libby" Lucas, 15, left Lad Lake Academy, w/o meds, family not notified for 2 days, Milwaukee, 20 Jul 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Linking several threads on the Missing Persons Alert -- Sheboygan, Wisconsin FB site. There are different pictures and comments on each of them.

This link is for a video Libby's dad made. He gives more details. He said he was told that she had a confrontation with another girl, and while the attendant was calming the other girl, Libby left the facility. The attendant tried to follow her, but she couldn't leave the other girls unattended. He was told Libby turned east on Capitol Dr. He also says that he has no proof she left the facility. I feel terrible for her family, they are understandably frantic with worry.

July 27

July 25

July 24

July 22

Last edited:
July 29

July 27

Libby had been staying at Lad Lake Academy since May. She left unexpectedly around 9:20 a.m. on Saturday and hasn't been seen since.

Her father, Joshua (Josh) Lucas lives in Minnesota and said Lad Lake officials contacted them two days after Libby went missing.

"I was told that there was an old number on my account."

I reached out to Lad Lake administrators who say Josh's new number was also listed as an emergency contact.

Administrators said they filed a missing persons report with Milwaukee police an hour after Libby took off, and apologized for not notifying the family earlier.

More at link.

July 30, 2024

She had been staying at Lad Lake Academy's St. Rose Center — a facility for challenged youth — since May.

McLain (her mother) made her way to Milwaukee from seven hours away in Minnesota. She lost her job when she asked for a leave of absence to continue the search for her daughter.

McLain said she received a Facebook message from a Milwaukee-area security guard detailing a possible sighting of Libby this past Saturday at Stark Foods on 13th Street and Atkinson Avenue.

It read: "I truly believe I saw your daughter about an hour ago with one of the women over here who walks the streets."

I (the reporter) also followed up with Milwaukee police for more information. They said the investigation is ongoing but Libby is still not considered a "critical missing" person at this time.

More at link.

This facility sounds like one of those last-resort homes for kids who have been in trouble all their lives, and don't have wealthy parents.

Was there only one staff member at the home at the time? I know overnight shifts can be skeletal staffing but this was 9am

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back