Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is possible that the parents are concerned for his safety after seeing the crowd/mob of people outside their home.
This has been my hypothesis as well. It's not far-fetched to imagine that they completely believe whatever he's told them about the circumstances of needing to come home, so now their goal is to protect him at all costs until the second he's charged with a crime. Not knowing where he is is excellent protection for all three of them as well, both legally and from the media/locals congregating outside.

since BL was trying to get to the van on the 29th.... your guess is spot on...sometime the PM night of the 29th to the 30th... the van on the 25th at Jenny Lake make me feel she was there or north of there after the 25th to the 29th. if he had the back country permit its appeared they could have parked overnight at Jenny lake parking lot also. So between Jenny Lake and Spread creek should be checked and up to colter Bay... how far could they venture on foot together?
I just watched all the Miranda Baker Tik Toks and she states that BL (August 29th) told them he had left his fiance at the van and was trying to get back to her. Miranda and friend picked BL up at Coulter Bay and drove north about 10 miles before BL exited the van. BL wanted to get to Jackson not Jackson Hole. He told the pair that he had hiked the snake river for 3 or 4 days upon leaving his fiance. He told them he slept in a tarp. He had a small backpack which Miranda found unusual because it didn't seem like he had supplies.
If BL and GP were truly spotted in Victor Idaho on the 24th or 25th it is quite possible the camped along the Snake River near Jackson on the 25th, something went wrong, BL hiked away along the river and then headed back to get the van.

IMO after 20+ days, if GL is already dead, they are only searching for bones which is gonna be tough to find. I wonder whether there are advanced devices capable of searching for bones just be scanning from a helicopter

No. Not necessarily. I’m a bioarchaeoligist. I’ve worked forensic cases and excavated graves 3000+ years old and everywhere in between. Depends, heavily, on many factors. Temperature, soils, if the body was/is buried, scavengers, how the body was “handled” pre-and peri-mortem.

Gabby’s convos with her mom are most likely unreliable info. What 22 year old free spirit tells their mom everything on a GOOD day? What if she was told what to say?

I’d love to know there is hard proof of all of that. More than FaceTime and pizza.
I suspect this info came from Gabby's parents, that's likely what she told them, why she was staying in a hotel.

Flights could be very easily confirmed by LE.

Yes, you stated that much better than I could.
And that was in public where people could see.
What happened when no one was around to know I wonder?
I wonder the same. I can't recall if she said he had grabbed her jaw other times....i couldn't get past how fragile she looked and how cavalier he was. However, he did not really take his eyes off the LE SUV she was sitting in. The ride to his hotel he didn't express too much emotion, rather tourist talk and discussion about the LE's wife having anxiety. It was weird, like him not mentioning GP to the woman who picked him up hitchhiking.

He, I think those videos were staged ones, filmed just for their website. They wanted to show the world what a fabulous time they were having!
Of course they did. They wanted to be professional vanlifer influencers.

Behind the scenes, I think it was radically different. I'm certain their trip was fraught with different opinions, mental strife, money worries and unstable behaviour, living in a confined space in uncomfortable heat with limited access to showers and healthcare.

That's real vanlife, but no-one will want to show that side of it!
Yes, from the description of the encounter with law enforcement (if accurately described) it sounds like there wasn't the maturity or durability to deal with "van life" or any other life together it would seem.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Just playing devil's advocate here, because I think it's unlikely, but it could be that BLs parents are just as in the dark about what happened as we all are. He could have showed up unexpectedly in their driveway sans Gabby and retreated to his room and wouldn't communicate with them or made just vague, incoherent but ominous ramblings. Like everyone else they suspected the worst and called their old lawyer friend in LI who dealt directly with BL and told both BL and the parents that, for the everyone's protection, BL should not discuss any of what happened with the parents and the best way the parents could help BL would be to not ask.

This. He must have battered her psyche so badly she was apologizing for being a lot, for being OCD, for being mean, and basically for just existing. No. Just no.
I totally agree. What I got from that encounter was that they both feared that he might be arrested. They were both covering for him. It was a shocking twist to both of them that she was being construed as the abuser.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
The first day of searching for Brian Laundrie, the boyfriend of 22-year-old Gabby Petito, who went missing while the couple was on a cross-country trip, has come up empty, police said.

Police spent Saturday searching a "vast" Florida preserve near the Laundrie family's home after they said late Friday his whereabouts were now unknown, too. Late Saturday, police said they were suspending the search due to darkness and would begin again Sunday morning.

"Be advised that the whereabouts of Brian Laundrie are currently unknown," an attorney for the family said Friday. "The FBI is currently at the Laundrie residence removing property to assist in locating Brian. As of now the FBI is now looking for both Gabby and Brian."

Laundrie, 23, has not been seen since Tuesday, according to police and the family's lawyer.

North Port Police said Saturday morning that they were searching for Laundrie in "the vast Carlton Reserve," a 24,565-acre preserve north of his home in North Port.

Police pause search at 'vast' preserve for Brian Laundrie, boyfriend of missing 22-year-old Gabby Petito

While the thread was paused, I did a little research.

First was on the 2012 Ford Transit van they were driving. Black boxes in vehicles started to become more standard in vehicles manufactured after 2000.
Unfortunately, Black Boxes were not in Ford Transit Vans until 2013.
Ford — Black Box Recovery | Independent Crash-Data Lab

The other observation I made is that there are security cameras at all of the entrances to National Parks. I can't track down this exact information so consider this JMO. Cameras at entrances to NP's were recently used to try to track down an Irish visitor that vanished in the Park.
Rangers get new tips in search for missing man in Grand Teton; NPS still seeking public's help

Hopes and prayers there will be resolution for Gabby's family and that the Irish tourist will be found.

JMO

I don't know the source of it but it seems to be widely known. This is when BL flew to FL and was moving things from one storage place to another, if I understand the situation correctly. Gabby was probably not comfortable camping alone in a big national park by herself. THat would have been a good decision on her part, IMO. Maybe her parents talked her into it, but either way it makes sense for her to think she was safer in a hotel room when her travel partner took off for several days.

In fact, maybe we can even speculate from this that his abandonment of her and then driving the van back to FL (if he did) was even less likely given a blessing from her since she had stayed in a hotel room earlier when he was gone.

I dug around for the source quite a bit since it’s in the main timeline here and WS is super strict (for good reason) about including verified information.

I don’t have the link but that information came from a podcast Gabby’s father did where he gave that information. It may be in the media files thread for this case.

As a side note, I travel solo all over the world and even I would not be comfortable staying alone in a NP in that area. I probably would have hotel-ed it too. Some national parks in the US are just not safe to be alone in, especially without protection. JMO

The #FBI seeks assistance from anyone who utilized the Spread Creek Dispersed Camping Area between the dates of August 27-30, 2021 who may have had contact with Gabrielle "Gabby" Petito or her boyfriend, or who may have seen their vehicle.
https://twitter.com/FBIDenver/status/1439391998092496899

I hope they are thoroughly searching that area and to the west along Snake River up to Jackson Lake. If the TT hitchhiker account was accurate, there was some reason BL was in that area alone and without the van.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dylan O' Cone