Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they should have had a woman police officer at the stop to interview Gabby. I am intimidated by male police officers as a petite blonde woman myself and I know for certain I would clam up and tremble just as she did.

As sad as I am to see this outcome, I can predict that any woman (or person) who has ever been abused could have predicted it. That 911 call was hard to listen to. The police failed Gabby.
But...but that would mean everyone who has ever been abused has been murdered. So they are all dead....so how could they be alive to watch the video and predict what would happen...?

(Wow, this site is not working for me at all, technically)

@20:50
This is the moment IMO everything changes in the call where the 2nd officer (with the beard) relays the call from the other witness (from inside the store) that he never saw the male strike the female, that he saw the male lock the female out of the vehicle, and he uses the wording she 'clawed' into the van. I think from that point, they identified Gabby as the aggressor. It seems the dispatch call with BL as the aggressor was disregarded.
JMO

I think they should have had a woman police officer at the stop to interview Gabby. I am intimidated by male police officers as a petite blonde woman myself and I know for certain I would clam up and tremble just as she did.

As sad as I am to see this outcome, I can predict that any woman (or person) who has ever been abused could have predicted it. That 911 call was hard to listen to. The police failed Gabby.

They did. There was a female officer on scene talking to Gabby.

It sounds like you might be watching their original 1080p upload, with a voiceover commentary. If so, try downloading their subsequent upload of the raw 2K footage and seeing what you think, or have a watch of this guy’s video, where he has zoomed in and slowed down the 2K original to show the door pretty clearly (IMO)

Wow, thanks for sharing, I have not seen this. It really does seem that the van door closed on their approach, & that her shoes were just askew on the ground. I find this footage absolutely chilling.

Sorry if this is old and been covered, but I downloaded the Bethune video to watch it frame, by frame, to look at the open door speculation. There are quite a few missing frames - the van is in the distance, and then a chunk of video is missing, and they are on top of it. Wonder if that was a glitch in the camera, or if it has been otherwise explained?

As for the door, it's impossible to tell, because there is a black artifact that moves around, but often is over the van. Looks like there's water or tree sap on the Bethune windshield that's right in the camera's line of the sight.
There’s a really good video that slows it down, it’s in thread #17 I believe

I was in a relationship once with a woman who would get angry enough to hit me repeatedly. I never retaliated of course, but I did grab her wrists once to stop her, and that frustrated her even more. You're right, it's a hard spot to be in since you don't want to hurt the other person, but you also don't want to put up with them hitting you repeatedly either.
IIRC Gabby was 110 and he was 150 or was it 160. Maybe we'll see a mug shot and height weight data soon! That's hard for a small woman to fend off a much larger man. How could she grab his wrists to stop the assault?

Two quick thoughts. First, I wonder if all the boxes in the Laundries' garage are Gabby's and Brian's things that were removed from the storage unit.

Second, as a resident of the droughty western US, I'm in awe of the rain, especially having heard it rains in FL most afternoons.

The 911 caller reported that they witnessed BL slapping GP - that is evidence of assault. IMO not for the first time. I don't believe for a second that he killed her in self defence - imo he lost the rag for a petty reason and strangled her.
Agree, maybe not planned but premeditated, he made a decision to kill her, may have been during a fight, maybe she was going to leave him and if he can’t have her no one can. From witness statements, the LE encounter, he seemed controlling and possessive, I think he disliked her social media activity because it took the focus off of him, he was threatened by her possible success, why he told her she would not be good at it. She had many more followers than he did, she was building a significant base to build off of. Emotional abuse, you’re not good enough for SM/IG, belittling her because of his own insecurities. If you have emotional maturity, you support your partner.

IMO it’s a massive gap in the system, lack of proper training in the areas of DV and mental health. There was obviously some MAJOR breakdown in the communication between dispatch & responding officers, not sure what that was about, but I’m thinking Moab LE will address it publicly very soon. JMO.
Or at least until Nicole and Joseph’s attorney names them in the lawsuit.

There was a women LE office speaking with Gabby.

Regarding the traffic stop...

Maybe its time that we collectively stop automatically labelling anyone showing emotion as out of control or manic and start being concerned with people who are able to show little or no emotion in a heated situation. It seems to me that the "emotional" ones are usually the ones that know exactly what's going on.

I believe this is one reason BL offered to go to jail in Gabby’s place if one had to be taken in. People here were like, “he clearly cares about her! He didn’t want her to have a record!” But I think he wanted to be the only one calmly talking to police. If she had been taken in, she would have eventually stopped crying and been able to tell her side of the story and about how he was abusing her. He didn’t want her to have a chance to tell the truth.
He was playing "I'm the good guy, just gotta crazy girlfriend, amirite?" role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay