Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure that the dates are all that important. The neighbors saw that GP's van returned. The neighbors saw that the Laundrie's purchased or brought home a camper shell. The neighbors saw BL and his father stocking and/or preparing the camper shell and then the truck/camper leaving the house for a few days. I do wonder if the neighbors ever saw BL again after this "camping trip." The neighbors said this all occurred prior to officers talking to them about GP being missing. Again, I'm not so sure the exact dates are all that important. What is important is that BL returned with BP's van, and then the Laundries purchasing the camper shell and hurrying off to some camping excursion or other trip prior to GP being reported as missing. IMO

Yeah, this report is pretty strange, media seemed to have been around the house that week as there's footage of the mustang being gone and being back, it seems like it would have had to have been the weekend before (Sept. 4-6).
There is no public information on the driver of the Mustang, however. For the outward journey, I mean.

With the camper story, I wonder if he even came back home with them after the camping trip...did anyone actually see him come home with them? They said he drove the Mustang out and they brought it back, but did anyone actually see him drive it there? Could it be possible that he was set up with a bunch of the "camping" supplies and one of the parents drove the Mustang and parked it where law enforcement left the note on it?

Apologies if this has been asked...I'm having trouble keeping up with the threads moving so fast!

That's exactly what I think happened. They stocked up on supplies, took him and the supplies somewhere, then returned from their 3 day camping trip without him.

MOO

Why did it take the Petitos 11 days to report her missing? If I wasn't getting responses from my daughter, or her boyfriend, or her boyfriends parents...I would report that within one day. Just curious if this indicates there was unreported communication of some kind.

Edit: "No service in Yosemite." That explains a few days...but 11?

I think they tried to explain. Gabby didn't necessarily call all of these people every single day.

ex. She'd call one person on the 1st... another on the 3rd... yet another on the 5th... etc. - so any one person wouldn't necessarily be alarmed unless they all got together and realized nobody had heard from her. Also, I don't think they got no response from BL and his family until Sept. 10th.

Why did it take the Petitos 11 days to report her missing? If I wasn't getting responses from my daughter, or her boyfriend, or her boyfriends parents...I would report that within one day. Just curious if this indicates there was unreported communication of some kind.

Edit: "No service in Yosemite." That explains a few days...but 11?
They didn't know the van had been driven home by BL, abandoning their daughter. IIRC, as soon as her father realized the van was there he called the cops. I can understand wanting to think that maybe the trip had been extended, trying to figure out the lack of communication.

I can’t imagine him being there alive at this point. And as grim as it is to say I can’t imagine his body would still be in one piece there either.
I agree,
BUT it makes me wonder why he would even bother coming back, retaining a lawyer, and be with his parents before leaving to off himself. i mean maybe he just wanted one last time with them but if he was suicidal why bother with a lawyer and why would the parents just let him leave knowing something was up enough to ignore Gabby's parents calls.

And when they are pulling into a "wild" campground, both people would be excited and looking around to choose a place. I can see sleeping in the back, even with no windows on a long haul on the freeway. Maybe she was just "sick" from some physical abuse, and staying in the back, voluntarily or not. And then on the night between 26-27 he finished her off, and took time to get her out of there under a few short hours of darkness? Or even walked her out there if she was groggy and hurt, then completed it out there. (Still not believing the restaurant story on the 27th, but open to seeing proof)
Our maybe this was one of those potential times when he locked her out of the van and left her somewhere. Maybe his driving slowly on the 26th was him returning to look for her?

Last edited:
Laundrie's neighbors say family appeared to go 'camping' after boyfriend returned from Wyoming

The neighbors of the Laundrie family in North Port, Fla. – the would-be in-laws of deceased 22-year-old Gabby Petito – told Fox News Wednesday that about a week after Petito's then-fiance Brian Laundrie returned from the Mountain West, the family packed up an "attached camper" and took what they believed to be a long-weekend camping trip.

Charlene and William Guthrie told "The Story" that it has been a "nightmare" living across from the Laundries since Petito and later Brian went missing.

Gabby Petito: Dive teams arrive at Carlton Reserve in search for Brian Laundrie: LIVE UPDATES

I agree,
BUT it makes me wonder why he would even bother coming back, retaining a lawyer, and be with his parents before leaving to off himself. i mean maybe he just wanted one last time with them but if he was suicidal why bother with a lawyer and why would the parents just let him leave knowing something was up enough to ignore Gabby's parents calls.
That’s been on my mind quite a bit too.
A lot of contradictory pieces to this puzzle.

I’ve just gone over that loop of the thermal imagery video and I swear there are TWO sections moving. I’ve marked them in the image. Forwards and backwards, both of those sections move. Definitely a person at the bottom IMO.

Attachments

• 8B241180-A7B7-45E4-A0FC-E5814033F4E9.png
    8B241180-A7B7-45E4-A0FC-E5814033F4E9.png
    429.6 KB · Views: 138
For a while I entertained the idea the BL did not tell his parents anything - just said Gabby left him, he doesn't want to talk about it, and hid in his room refusing to interact.

But now to learn they may have all gone on a trip together? What is there to do camping? You're all sitting around together... and you just secretly murdered someone?

How do you keep it together that whole time?

Can someone please tell me— is her grandfathers name even Stan??

That anagram thing is really haunting me :(
I was trying to respond to someone else about this when the thread got shut down last night. More likely than Gabby trying to send a coded message to her mother for help, it was more likely Brian using her phone, pretending to be her to throw a red herring to her family. There was another text, I believe on the 30th, implying that she had no cell service in Yosemite- implying that she had made it to California, but that's why they wouldn't be hearing from her for awhile. Other killers have used this tactic before as a wild goose chase to delay LE/family from looking for the victim, or to torment the families. Sometimes it's cards or letters, even in the victim's own handwriting instead of texts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rachel_008