Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how John Walsh can forgive the cops who botched his missing deceased son's case. That was horrific. Le botched it horribly!!!

Anyone think STAN was code to her mother?
Stan was the first name of her Grandfather. It appears Gabby's phone was getting messages or calls from her Grandfather. Because Gabby never called her Grandfather by his first name "Stan", when her mother got the message she realized it wasn't from Gabby. It could have been a code, but it seems highly unlikely. It would also appear that Gabby had already been murdered by BL at that point.

I don't know how John Walsh can forgive the cops who botched his missing deceased son's case. That was horrific. Le botched it horribly!!!

Anyone think STAN was code to her mother?

I definitely don’t think STAN was a code. It makes no sense given the circumstances that her mother reported.

I had no idea it was an acronym for anything. It’s also her grandfather’s name. It’s not a code.

I know this has probably been said on here a million times, but if my kid were missing - no matter if he was a person of interest in a case or not - I would be yelling from the top of my lungs to find my child.

These parents don't seem concerned about finding their child. To me, that means they know what happened to him. It would be impossible to shut me up, but for them, its impossible to get them to talk! They reported him missing - so shouldn't they have been out on the media asking/pleading for help to find their son?

JMO

I don't know if this explains his behavior, but in a article on the DM this morning I believe it invoked feelings he is experiencing about the disappearance of Adam Walsh.

He believes mistakes were made initially and see's the same mistakes have been made with BL and how he was able to disappear under the noses of authorities.

It could presently be his state of mind of his own son's murder. JMO

That's probably true. But every case Walsh has been involved in since his son's horrible murder has involved heartbreaking details and in hindsight, mistakes by investigators. And he's never sounded quite so unhinged. So I just have to wonder what else is going on. Maybe as one poster suggested it's theater but I've never thought Walsh was especially prone to that.
JMO

No parent would be OK with that. Shocked parents can refrain from assaulting someone to get them to talk.
It is NOT normal for people to clam up when someone is missing especially finance, a girlfriend. It is beyond bizarre.
The Frazee family did the same when Kelsey disappeared. I think there's this new trend to not even try to hide or pretend that everything is okay. I think these people just play the wait it out game.

i think some people have taken the decrypting of those text messages a little far

only 1 or 2 people actually know what they mean and one of them is a homicide victim :(

This was raised less than half a thread ago, lol, and I'm not sure if people keep ignoring it because they still find it weird but... Gabby's grandfather's *name* is Stan, and this has been said time out of mind.

Who is Stan? Why Gabby Petito’s final text message was so ‘odd’ to her mother
  • “The text message read, ‘Can you help Stan, I just keep getting his voicemails and missed calls,’” the warrant states. “The reference to ‘Stan,’ was regarding her grandfather, but per the mother, she never calls him ‘Stan.’ The mother was concerned that something was wrong with her daughter.”
... and now I'm probably officially just gonna scroll and roll past any future posts on the topic because explaining more and more variations of it and reading others' explanations, is even confusing me, lol; but it seems like a terrible code word for anyone to use to me, considering it actually stands for a live person. Isn't a "code word/phrase" generally something that cannot accidentally be said or stumbled across?

The reserve was a diversion. BL will be located close to home. Most likely when someone attempts to communicate with him or drop supplies to him. If not in close relation to the parents home, somewhere familiar to him. I would venture a guess that BL is not as inept at roughing it as he would have the public believe. This is evident by the multiple hotel stays, restaurants, etc. It wouldn't be of much use to start a vlog about living off grid without taking pictures off grid. Like most other things posted on social media accounts, there is not always much truth to them. He may be a hiker, but if your van is within half a days walk, then its really not that tough. camping in a reserve close to home, with your car in close proximity where you can run to taco bell then back to your camp site also not really off grid. I would bet when BL visited the reserve he never got more than an hour or two from the parking lot.
IMO good thought to highlight the restaurants and hotel stays. This is not off-the-grid (or even outdoor-focused) life by any stretch. It’s photo ops at popular spots plus cheap overnights.
[I have to throw in an exception to GP ‘s hotel stay in SLC, though, since that night have been a safety measure.]
Restaurants and hotels get super expensive.
There are hostels around if you need cheap lodgings.
A much cheaper method for eating is to have a double-burner Coleman stove and make all your meals at campgrounds, rest areas, etc. I hadn’t seen this couple do that. GP might have been comfortable doing that, but no way in heck BL. After all, he could have just driven the van into the sunset. Instead, he drives it home to momma.
I wonder where BL has been getting his showers?

Thanks for answering, I had the same question !

I wonder if it wasn't a 'camping trip' at all -- but to hide Brian and now (the half gallon 'milk run') they're bringing him supplies ?

Imo.

I’ve always believed they set him up someplace where they don’t think he will be found, or at the very least that he took off on his own before Gabby was reported missing. I do wonder if dad is followed by either LE or a member of the press, making it risky to get supplies.

They could have traveled a long distance with the camper and set him up many miles from home, making supplies from dad more difficult. It seems like there would need to be another person involved to keep him hidden but at this point who knows.

jmo

Sorry if this is a duplicate. My Internet is wonky.

There is no doubt in my mind that LE believes he is in that preserve. I also think they have evidence that he is there. I think they may be waiting him out. The longer he stays in there, getting hungrier, more tired, weaker, the more compliant he will be when he comes out, and the more likely he may be to confess to what he has done. LE is stalking him. I think it's possible they have detected him with thermal imaging at night and they just don't share that with us. MOO but this is a big cat and mouse game.
Maybe they are confident - or maybe they're just being thorough and checking it off the list. Imagine if he WAS there and they DIDN'T search the preserve. That's the kind of thing that could get someone fired.

IMO, he wouldn't park his car in plain site if he was hiding there. When you factor in all the other details, it seems obvious to me that his parents helped him escape.
-BL returns on Sep 1
-He and his family immediately lawyer up and do not respond to any of GP's parents calls & texts (big red flag)
-The mustang is found in plain site at the preserve
-His family buys a brand new camper and takes a 3-day road trip...mind you this is after they clearly know that something bad happened to GP and BL is in trouble. Who goes camping under these circumstances?

Because this keeps getting confused:

There are TWO stone crosses, one from the Father, another (larger) one with unknown origin.

The larger one was not created by LE or SAR (this has been reported incorrectly by some Media, initially), and clearly there for quite some time already, as evident by the erosions and drifts:

petito-cross03nik6m.jpg
The larger cross only appeared 30 minutes after LE left the scene. It was either made by the FBI or by an unknown person/persons. We've heard both but LE has not confirmed either one. Imo

I know people are saying that the news helicopter aired live footage that was later scrubbed from online versions of the footage because it showed her body.

I don't really believe it.

Why haven't their been any screenshots or anything, even when you seach outside WS? In the version I saw, the anchor said they did capture footage of the body but didn't include it on the broadcast. There was no indication that the chopper had previously aired live footage as the discovery happened.

I know we have discussed it a lot on here about where Gabby was found and apologies if this has been answered. But for anyone who saw the original helicopter footage, can you please mark on this aerial photograph where about’s the remains were located? Just interested with regards to location of homicide. Thanks

.. and now I'm probably officially just gonna scroll and roll past any future posts on the topic because explaining more and more variations of it and reading others' explanations, is even confusing me, lol; but it seems like a terrible code word for anyone to use to me, considering it actually stands for a live person.

totally on the same page

its all good, i probably should have used " in relation to" instead of " mean" but you got the idea

MY unpopular opinion is that NO ONE should be assembling crosses on federal forest land. First of all, it's a religious symbol and secondly, they don't know for sure where she died. The appropriate thing to do is leave the forest as you find it and have a respectful memorial where the family chooses, with the people attending being family and friends. JMO
generally agree. The popularity of makeshift memorials is, IMO, bizarre practice. Imagine if everyone that lost someone established an "on-site" memorial. Seriously, imagine that. There is already a place for memorials and remembrance... cemeteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13