Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen this come up several times. Are you speaking of something installed by LE, or something already on the vehicle? I'm not sure most cars have a GPS system built in. Can you point me to some article or information about this? So far, from what I can tell, GPS is one way, to be used for a nav system. To my mind, it wouldn't be something that transmits or tracks the car's location that you could later retrieve.

As with anything, someone could certainly find a way to disable just about any system. I have no idea if the L family cars even have this type of system to begin with.
Was it ever stated that the cars did in fact have GPS recording in them?
I don’t know how you remove that data to be honest. I’ve mentioned the Berla system before. Here is a good article interviewing Ben LeMere, CEO and Founder of Berla about what it can do. Pretty amazing stuff.

Vehicle Discovery - The Nuts and Bolts of Useful Data - Digital Mountain

Both user data and vehicle event data can be extracted from vehicles. Examples of user data include call logs, contacts, text messages, navigation data, and names of connected devices, along with the Media Access Control (“MAC”) address of those devices. A MAC address is a series of unique numbers and letters that identifies hardware. This can be incredibly useful in discovery for tracking down a specific system.

Examples of vehicle event data include doors opening and closing, parking lights turning on and off, devices being connected or disconnected, and transmission shifts (park, neutral, drive, reverse, etc.). As an extremely helpful bonus, all of these types of data come accompanied by a time and date stamp, as well as geolocation data if the vehicle has a navigation system.

(more)

I wonder if it could be why they might have parked the van and went to a hotel for a week. Who want to film great videos in smoggy like air?

Totally possible. We already had to cancel tent camping trips in the past because of that reason. Mid August the smoke was pretty bad and travelled east.

Edit: It is not only because of the invisibility, it is more that being outside in smoke is also very unhealthy. You absolutely don't want to sleep in a tent at that time or go hiking.

I'm puzzled that they didn't have BL's DNA sample from early on in this case. I wonder if this is a cover story and not the real reason they were there.
There several MSM articles stating that LE have been using bloodhounds.

These dogs work off of scent.

I would imagine they needed more articles of Brians to freshen the dogs with his scent.

Just adding that I am not personally blaming them (daughter of a deceased LEO.) I just found this interesting that it was a "non-emergency" call that was quoted regarding the alleged "slapping of" GP. I haven't seen the non-emergency distinction quoted anywhere else (though, it is hard to keep up with both this thread and the thousands of articles online to be sure.) After all, those would likely be two different dispatchers.

I will have to look for the police report from that footage again for specifics.

What seems to have happened and has gone unnoticed is that there were two calls to the police. This one that keeps getting replayed over and over again informing them that BL was slapping and hitting her.

The other call was from the man named Chris and he reported that it was Gabby hitting BL. Two different calls with two different messages.

You reminded me of that because they stopped reporting on Chris's call to 911.

I think (imo) these calls were received by two different dispatchers, and only one of those complaints reached LE who arrived at the scene. I say this because they are operating as if it was Gabby doing the hitting from what Chris reported when he called.

Unless I missed something in the interaction with LE and the couple, there was never a mention of the report of Gabby being hit, they only seemed focused on BL being abused and the victim. It infuriates me how this call was handled.

I believe they did inflame the situation. They handed BL more power by assigning the victim label to him. One more bad act he could use to send her on another distorted guilt ridden trip.

Further, since she had heard this kind of lecture from BL before, before, and before, she probably thought the LE who spoke with her also thought that she was in the wrong. Again. So maybe she began to believe those men were correct in their assessments. More gaslighting. Almost like the Stockholm syndrome. Her self-worth by that time was probably at an all-time low (again).

In response to @10ofRods, P#685, T#35 post about my "Alternative Scenario" to BL as GP's killer. See my P#599 on this page if interested:
Found Deceased - WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #35
All IMO.
First I'll remind folks I posted this Alternative Scenario in the full spirit of objective sleuthing - turning data upside down sometimes to ferret out new theories. Like many of you here, I strongly suspect BL killed GP in a rage. But I also want to be a good sleuther and not get too tied up in one scenario, especially with so few facts.

1oofrods: “So she left him with all her stuff? Including phone and debit card. How unusual.

RedHaus: In this alternative scenario, I did not suggest GP left BL with all her stuff. To the contrary, this scenario has GP staying put in the van when BL leaves for his Snake River hike (to clear his head and avoid hurting her in his 'excited state') likely late afternoon or early evening of 8/27.

10ofrods: And what an incredibly thing to have happen - a nefarious actor, who apparently. steals nothing <modsnip - no link for fact>. Wow....

RedHaus: Well, I certainly have heard about countless rapes and murders of women where nothing is stolen from their home, their car, their selves. Rape is about violence and not about theft. And murder often is as well. So I am not sure why this seems incredulous. This scenario has GP being killed by a stalker on 8/28.

10ofrods: Or did he take her phone and text Stan as well as Gabby's mom?

RedHaus: As I understand the time line, on 8/27, Gabby's uncle posts there was a snapchat Gabby sent a friend -heading to Yellowstone (in Dailymail article). This alternative scenario could fit with that fact, in that Gabby could have sent this to her friend the morning of 8/27, before the Texmex restaurant blow-up. Maybe she and BL had in fact made plans that morning to go to Yellowstone – perhaps the next day on 8/28.

Further, I still contend BL texted GP’s Mom about Stan on 8/27 (as I've previously posted). This likely happened after the Texmex restaurant as BL may have taken GP’s phone from her and perhaps Grampa (Stan) had intuition something was wrong. Perhaps BL's blow up and his taking her phone was the 'straw' for GP.

And as for the 8/30 text to GP’s Mom, I believe BL sent that as most here do. That still fits with this alternative scenario as it is possible BL still had GP’s phone with him when he left for a hike and then when he left for home with GP's van. That could also explain the apparent radio silence from GP's phone on 8/28 (and 8/29).

So on 8/30, either before he left for home with GP's van, or from the road, in this scenario, BL texts GP's Mom to shut her up. And maybe he is demonstrating some confusion by announcing there is no cell service in "Yosemite" when in fact, GP may have been talking to her Mom (certainly her friend) about going to Yellowstone.

If BL had her phone, it might explain why GP couldn't call for help if she felt threatened by a stranger or was being attacked on 8/28 as this scenario considers.

10ofrods: Since LE already have those records, it's truly concerning that they aren't looking for a serial killer in WY. And not a single camera so far has picked up evidence of this person - who had to have a car, as he couldn't exactly trot behind their vehicle all the way to Spread Creek.'

RedHaus: How do we know LE is not searching for another possible killer in the Grand Tetons? I don’t recall there being many CCTV locations in the area GP was killed. Of course, the proposed alternative killer would not be on foot… already in the campground perhaps? Perhaps he chased her to where she ended up?

A10ofrods: And LE also has Brian's phone records. Why didn't he call Gabby to see what was up, if she just disappeared? Why don't his parents tell. Gabby's parents what. happened? Why is Brian the only POI?

RedHaus: If BL had GP’s phone then he couldn’t call her to ask where she is when he didn’t find her at the van after he returned from his hike 8/29, in this alternative scenario. Why BL would not have called GP’s parents to check on GP is a great question, but that is why I added the comment at that point in the alternative scenario that “this would have to presume he does not process information like most people"… “this would require a suspension of normal social expectations.”

Simply put,
I don’t think BL is like most people so his behavior may appear… well..., very different from you or me.

As for why there is not another POI, who knows… maybe there are no others, maybe there are some, maybe LE hasn’t gotten that far. Isn’t the autopsy findings pending pathology and toxicology? If they could do a rape kit, wouldn't DNA pending? I suspect that is what BL's lawyer(s?) is/are hoping for perhaps.

All IMO.
It’s necessary to entertain this imho. If for no other reason than to cover all bases for naysayers.

Question pseudo related. How do you think the FBI says Gabby’s case is not related to the other girls?

My opinion- there is a lot more known in the other slaying than is coming out. And they truly know it’s not related.

Where? I missed this. Can you provide a summary?
Pasco Sheriff on Twitter
PSO deputies responded to a report of decomposed human remains in the Richwood Ln., Port Richey at approx. 8 p.m. last night. While the remains are heavily decomposed, they appear to be an adult female. (1/2)
11:47 AM · Sep 26, 2021·Twitter Web App

Pasco Sheriff on Twitter
Identification & cause of death are both pending determination from the Medical Examiner's Office. Due to ongoing social media rumors, we want to be clear that these remains are NOT associated in any way with Brian Laundrie or the ongoing FBI investigation into that case. (2/2)
11:47 AM · Sep 26, 2021·Twitter Web App

Last edited:
I don’t know how you remove that data to be honest. I’ve mentioned the Berla system before. Here is a good article interviewing Ben LeMere, CEO and Founder of Berla about what it can do. Pretty amazing stuff.

Vehicle Discovery - The Nuts and Bolts of Useful Data - Digital Mountain

Both user data and vehicle event data can be extracted from vehicles. Examples of user data include call logs, contacts, text messages, navigation data, and names of connected devices, along with the Media Access Control (“MAC”) address of those devices. A MAC address is a series of unique numbers and letters that identifies hardware. This can be incredibly useful in discovery for tracking down a specific system.

Examples of vehicle event data include doors opening and closing, parking lights turning on and off, devices being connected or disconnected, and transmission shifts (park, neutral, drive, reverse, etc.). As an extremely helpful bonus, all of these types of data come accompanied by a time and date stamp, as well as geolocation data if the vehicle has a navigation system.

(more)
Great! Thanks for this. I guess my take is, given the age of the mustang, at least, would that even have a system like this? Again, no idea. Just putting out there, that this would be a great tool for forensics, but don't know if it's available to LE in this case.

I hate that the media does this. Those officers had the 911 call info. The officer wrote that at the top of his report. I don't see that the dispatcher did anything wrong. It is really unfair to blame them. Moo.
Reading the transcript of the interaction I think the 911 call they relied on was the one that she got into the van, not the one where he was slapping her.

Maybe they want to try to match DNA to a murder weapon...like a rock.
Maybe.
But they don't have enough DNA samples from his clothes, the house raid, the vehicles by now? Surely they would have taken his toothbrush at the outset?
What possible source of his DNA could remain in that house at this stage?
He didn't need a hairbrush..

Maybe FBI just asked a couple questions and to see if the family was watching the service? FBI are sneaky in the movies? Like bugging? Who knows it wasn’t a curtesy call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member