Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think most of us agree he is not a backcountry guy. Sure, he can sleep in a tent with his hi tech gear and pick up supplies and grab meals when needed. That doesn't mean he is out there breaking trails on his own, purifying water and picking berries for food. I don't even think he uses a camp stove to heat dehydrated camp meals. If he lived on peanut butter cookies, he doesn't know how to camp cook. IMO

Her friend said they thought he could survive in the outdoors because he had hiked the AT. I agree that they don't live off of the land on AT. I think he likely exaggerated his capabilities. IMO.

Yeah, an experienced hiker would know that a human needs more than a large pack of peanut butter crackers to survive in the wilderness.
He even stated he survived on next to nothing.
Kinda grandiose IMO.
Also, probably in mild weather, any extreme would have required additional calories for any human.
Tall tales, I tell ya!
MOO

Brian Laundrie is a wilderness survival expert who lived on crackers for six weeks. | The Washington Newsday

Is his entire reputation as an AT hiker based on that one story?

"We were talking about hiking… Brian boasted of simply having a large pack of either cheese or peanut butter crackers to support him for 6 weeks in the woods,” the former co-worker added. “He knows how to spend a long period in the wilderness and survive on almost nothing.” (from the quoted story link)

If true, BL would have lost 10-20-30 lbs or more surviving on crackers for 6 weeks while "hiking". Why didn't he hike with better food to survive on, or freeze-dried camping food, (just add water) or MREs? Freeze-dried food isn't heavy to carry. Makes no sense.

I think this indicates BL is an accomplished liar, which might have something to do with how his parents have behaved.

IMO

I took it to mean that she'd been asked by the police not to speak on certain things, just like the Petito/Schmidt family has, but of course it could have been her parents.
I would be very surprised if she has given the police any information.

I think most of us agree he is not a backcountry guy. Sure, he can sleep in a tent with his hi tech gear and pick up supplies and grab meals when needed. That doesn't mean he is out there breaking trails on his own, purifying water and picking berries for food. I don't even think he uses a camp stove to heat dehydrated camp meals. If he lived on peanut butter cookies, he doesn't know how to camp cook. IMO

Agree! Her friend might think he was telling the truth about hiking the AT but the whole story sounds like b.s. to me. IMO.

EXCLUSIVE: I spoke to the couple who camped right next to the Laundrie family in Fort De Soto Park in early September. We looked back on their photos from the trip with them at their home in Fort Myers tonight. You’ll hear the full story coming up at 11 @NBC2 @ABC7SWFL
38CFF28A-2A80-4B59-AF99-E4F74A259538.jpeg
https://twitter.com/meganmyersnews/status/1443041306989768704?s=21

"We were talking about hiking… Brian boasted of simply having a large pack of either cheese or peanut butter crackers to support him for 6 weeks in the woods,” the former co-worker added. “He knows how to spend a long period in the wilderness and survive on almost nothing.” (from the quoted story link)

If true, BL would have lost 10-20-30 lbs or more surviving on crackers for 6 weeks while "hiking". Why didn't he hike with better food to survive on, or freeze-dried camping food, (just add water) or MREs? Freeze-dried food isn't heavy to carry. Makes no sense.

I think this indicates BL is an accomplished liar, which might have something to do with how his parents have behaved.

IMO
I think 'boasted' is the operative word here.

"Hike" might be too strong a word.
Especially since it's possible he made up the entire story.
There seems to be good verification that he hiked the AT. I don’t think it’s that big of a deal. I’ve hiked a good part of the AT and I don’t think the way I did it makes it much of a bragging story. There are all kinds of hikers on that trail. I used to live right off a section of it.
BL seems to have more than an average amount of familiarity with wilderness life than most people. But it’s a whole other story going out there unprepared and with LE looking for you and without being able to utilize the tremendous support system out there in many of the Reserves and Refuges. I live near one that is more remote, home and walk it frequently, and take a lot of precautions each time, not to mention I’m with two big dogs.

Gabby Petito's family holds news conference as FBI manhunt continues for fiancé Brian Laundrie

They avoided answering some questions, particularly about Brian Laundrie. Their lawyer was adamant that Laundire's parents provided no help finding Gabby, so they were expecting no help from them finding Brian.

"The parents are 100% happy with the FBI. They've been with us at every single step of the way and we know that they will bring justice for Gabby," Petito family lawyer Richard Stafford said.

Petito's remains are still in Wyoming at the Teton County Coroner's office. Her cause of death has not yet been determined.

Petito's step father Jim Schmidt says "it's important for the FBI, Teton county sheriff, coroner office to hold onto her as long as they need ... we want to make sure we do not impede their investigation in anyway."

A third redacted report —incident No. 21-054246, at 11:22 p.m. dated Sept. 18 notes a “suspicious incident” at the intersection of Balboa Terrace and Delmar Drive in North Port.

Delmar Drive is a bit of a beaten trail of a road that drags along Big Slough in the middle of North Port. There are no homes on Delmar Drive; and only a handful along Balboa Terrance

I google mapped the address and dragged the little yellow guy to the spot to get a real view. It is in the middle of nowhere , just a bunch of trees. Why would they be out there in the middle of the night, either of them? Maybe someone can take a look there during the day to see who might still be there?

I think what I see at least visually in common at both locations+Laundrie's House is Big Slough. It seems to be a creek with trails that is next to both of those locations and also seems to dump into some sort of canal and possibly walking path that goes by the Laundrie's street.

I think 'boasted' is the operative word here.

Having watched some of his videos and look at his artwork I think he was a pretty skilled draughtsman and good with his hands. His pen and ink work is good and he could handle power tools. I see no evidence whatsoever of him being a backwoodsman of any kind. He did a bit of hiking with a backpack and some glamping. I think all that '3 months on the AT surviving on cookies' stuff is complete and utter fantasy.

Couple of interesting finds:
-The Laundries attorney stated that the family stayed at Fort De Soto from 9/6-9/7, but the documents from Fort De Soto show that the Laundries actually stayed until 9/8.
-An eyewitness did notice the camper, but didn't interact with the family. It doesn't state that he didn't see them, just that he didn't interact with them.

Brian Laundrie manhunt: Florida park documents confirm family camped out after Gabby Petito disappearance

JMO maybe BL was still at the campsite

IMO
That's part of the fun of these long hikes, doesn't matter what you eat you don't gain weight! But in all seriousness, if you don't eat enough you don't have the energy to move.

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/...inues-as-petito-family-voices-support-for-fbi

ABC Action News confirmed Roberta Laundrie, Brian's mother, checked in and out of Fort De Soto Park from Sept. 6-8. Her check-in report was at the Fort De Soto Campground. Laundrie family lawyer Steven Bertolino also confirmed the family did go on a trip together with Brian, and he came home with them after the trip.

A Pinellas County Sheriff's Office chopper was circling Fort De Soto Park Monday night between 11:40 p.m. until 12:40 a.m. When asked what they were doing, they said it was part of an active investigation, but no further information was given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces