Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #44

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, his DNA on a test swab is *technically* a personal item of his. :rolleyes:
Wouldn't they like to have test swabs of the parents to distinguish from his DNA? Maybe they were swabbed a long time ago.......wouldn't have to say anything to do that other than "yes" jmo

I'm not buying the FBI are there because they need items belonging to Brian to assist in the canine search. One, I feel like they have already gotten what they need for that purpose. If they haven't had that from the beginning, then they definitely should have had from the 17th, you know, when he was reported missing. If not, this entire thing has been botched from the beginning.

Aside from that, didn't LE just pick up something from their porch that Bertolino said was "assist in locating Brian." We all questioned that because of the chain of custody issues. So while today seems like a much more realistic process in terms of procuring evidence, it brings into question, what the #*$(&@(& was that brown package the other day????

Over the course of the investigation, they'll uncover different things expanding the parameters of the search warrant.
I could see this too. For example, as investigators process all the SM photos, videos, posts as well as GP’s camper van, they may have noted certain items they’d have expected to find in the van were missing and came to the Laundrie home asking for those specific items. Maybe BL had removed some of those items to his parents’ camper van and it was items such as those that were recovered. IMO.

I just dont buy that the FBI needs more items w Brian’s smell or DNA. They r up to something else

Josh on WFLA Now explained this could be possible - whatever they were previously using for the smell is now contaminated and they needed something with a "fresh" scent - no contamination. Who knows if this really is the case, but it's plausible.

I'm not buying the FBI are there because they need items belonging to Brian to assist in the canine search. One, I feel like they have already gotten what they need for that purpose. If they haven't had that from the beginning, then they definitely should have had from the 17th, you know, when he was reported missing. If not, this entire thing has been botched from the beginning.

Aside from that, didn't LE just pick up something from their porch that Bertolino said was "assist in locating Brian." We all questioned that because of the chain of custody issues. So while today seems like a much more realistic process in terms of procuring evidence, it brings into question, what the #*$(&@(& was that brown package the other day????

Josh on WFLA Now explained that it is possible they were getting items for BL's scent. Whatever they had used previously may be contaminated since it's been a bit since they recovered it. Therefore, the canines would need something with a fresh scent so they could be accurate.

Brian Entin said during his live stream just now that the camper was searched previously when the BIG search happened.

This is NOT the first time FBI looked in the camper.

The pressure is on and FBI is turning up the heat.
Additional fingerprints/DNA of BL after the initial search?

I couldn't help but laugh when I saw the statement from Bertolino because my first thought was, oh, so they had to go pick up the items from BL before the FBI got there. Got ya.

My guess is they swabbed mom and pop for DNA, quite possibly to help in identifying BL's DNA as an additional confirmation.

That's where I'm leaning. They probably didn't get a viable sample from that little pouch they picked up the last time, and only got a partial profile. I think they needed the parents' DNA to complete it. I have no idea on the camper. MOO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member