Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought from the beginning that he strangled her because he went for her neck or close to it when they fought. I am going by her description in the police video. In fact, I can't watch that video from the YouTuber because I think that is when he killed her, and that back door closing gives me horrible chills.
But I haven't seen crime scene pictures unless you are talking about the pictures that are marked by LE at Spread Creek.
Those pictures have the impression of a long, drawn out attack, imo.
Or maybe gunshots.
Heartbreaking.

Crime scene photos? Did they release them?

Last edited:
No probs. I did think I saw a cut near her shoulder-blade. It's all speculative, of course. None of us can know for sure how she got those marks. Only Brian would be able to tell us, since Gabby is no longer with us. I doubt they would use that as admissible evidence.

I am curious, though. Gabby appeared to have a journal, or a sketchbook that she doodled in. I would be interested to know if that is now missing from her belongings. It seemed quite personal, judging by the one pic she shared.

Source: Login • Instagram

I'm also curious as to what B-Roll footage she might have captured on the trip. The candid moments she had to edit out because they potentially exposed the couple's less than idyllic ups and downs. I do seem to recall that LE did recover a hard drive in one of their searches. But what about her laptop?

Yes....B-roll and journal. For sure could be relevant. But, we wont see till a trial....

Brian needs to figure out that for him to get any kind of peace of mind, he needs to give himself up. I hope he comes to that realization.

BL family don’t seem hysterical so that’s why I think he is alive and some how they know that
I put the bodycam on slow today and tried to catch a few things I had missed. One was my opinion that the mark on Gabby's face got worse with time as she was stopped. I also noticed the exact moment Brian put his phone in his pocket. I may be dissed for this but I am now of the opinion that he had his phone the whole time but had left it in the car in the beginning. During the stop, he was allowed back in his car and it is the second time he got out that he put the phone in his pocket and that was after the officer asked him if he had anything on him and he said no. So, I do think he was just responding to the officer who was about to look in his pocket it seemed. He did not have the phone in his pocket then. I believe he answered "NO' meaning there was nothing on him then. You can find about 41:15 in on the video. Also, noting that his fingernails are relatively short. I think he had to have been digging his fingernails into her face as I mentioned as a possibility in an earlier post. And I barely see any mark that the wire he mentioned could have done to his hands.

(I am not a youtube pro and don't use it often. I remember finding out here once that I could control the playback speed. Putting this video on 25% helped see some things I was having a hard time seeing and at times hearing. Passing on the tip)
Sources:
Uploading screenshots.
No dirt or callous on BL hands,

I think part of the reason for the confusion is he is such a poor communicator. He has odd speech patterns. MOO
Agree. I don't think he is very smart.
"I don't have a phone..." and later he's holding his phone.

Using her bank card after she was dead? C'mon. Maybe he was desperate, but surely he knows the bank personnel could read and compare dates, locations, and amounts & types of transactions.

Taking her van down the road? Pure theft, and he had to know it, but desperate times mean...

Poor Gabby -- so smart, creative, active, trusting, loving and probably thinking things would get better -- how could she put up with this man? Love is blind sometimes.

He was smart enuff to slowly take advantage of her with his slow drip, drip, drip semi-torture of how he treated her. But I think her last day on earth may have seen her trying to have him treat her better and with more respect. She may have been too cautious to give him an ultimatum. Then suddenly, she was in danger.

We don't know that the parents have refused to provide articles for scent purposes. And in any event, I'm pretty sure LE does have scent articles. We've seen several search warrants executed.

Police in North Port have focused the search on the wilderness of the Carlton Reserve, relying on drones for video and bloodhounds who used Mr Laundrie's clothing to get his scent, Mr Taylor said.

(North Port police spokesman Josh Taylor.)

Why it's been so hard to find Gabby Petito's fiancé Brian Laundrie

I thought from the beginning that he strangled her because he went for her neck or close to it when they fought. I am going by her description in the police video. In fact, I can't watch that video from the YouTuber because I think that is when he killed her, and that back door closing gives me horrible chills.
But I haven't seen crime scene pictures unless you are talking about the pictures that are marked by LE at Spread Creek.
Those pictures have the impression of a long, drawn out attack, imo.
Or maybe gunshots.
Heartbreaking.

Crime scene photos? Did they release them?

I think they meant bruising from previous episodes of DV. But, I wonder how much bruising would come out from the day she died.​
MOO, I am not a forensic scientist of course, but if her remains were not completely devoid of forensic value I bet they are going to be see not only those injuries but past injuries that might have healed on the surface. It's amazing what they can do. MOO

IMO the darker brown spots look like birth marks of some sort. Above looks like a fading black and blue. Were birth marks mentioned by parents earlier on. Jmo

I'm failing to understand as well. When did witness eye sightings become invalid in cases? They've helped solve cases many times in the past, why are they scoffed at now and considered totally unreliable?

From my own perspective, I don't rely on eye witness accounts unless confirmed by LE. There are many reasons someone might fib about seeing BL. I don't rule it out, but I also don't bank on it.

OK, so they had to request her phone from him so she could make that call. They wanted to retrieve it from the van but he couldn't explain where the "spot" was and needed to get it himself. It sounded like he was headed to get it with the cop from the second body cam but I haven't watched that part of it. Does anyone know where it was? Is there a freaking hiding place in the van where he kept her stuff from her? Again, why are they just ignoring red flags?
Dang, how did i miss that...I guess i need to go back. It is here about 41 in where he gets the phone...

Because they're not worried about him. MOO.

More and more I am baffled by what the Laundries thought they were accomplishing by reporting BL as missing to law enforcement.
snipped by me

I agree they are not worried about him. For sure. I think the missing persons call came after they learned *somehow* that he was in the intended location and was safe and settled.
I think the missing persons call was self preservation. They knew (Or had a good idea) what happened. They knew the cops had the van. What they DIDN'T know was WHAT evidence was left in the van and how long it would take before they came knocking with handcuffs. What are they going to say, "Sorry, Brian can't come out to play, he's gone hiking?"
Also, remember at this point that the protesters were literally RIGHT OUTSIDE the front door, all up on the lawn. Making themselves *also victims* because OH NO my son is missing too! (Much like Son Brian played the victim card in the Moab stop)
(Also, get these people off my lawn)
It accomplished all those things.
All MOO IMO.

Consider this. Both GP and BL states their concern for being stranded by the other. BL’s sister stated that it was common for them to take a break when fighting and in a short time would be over it. I have no reason to discount her statement. One may have even left the other before the 9/12 stop. Maybe both. We know BL was no stranger to hitchhiking. If she left him, it may have been what fueled what ever happened next. Before anyone blows up, I’m not suggesting it was in any way justified. Only that it could be a plausible scenario.

I'm not sure I find that plausible myself. Only because of how distraught she was on the footage about being separated. The "We're a team" mantra. For me, at least, the footage showed someone completely co-dependent on BL at that stage. Who had fought physically to not be abandoned to the point that the cops were called. Who burst into tears at the thought of being separated for even a night.

But, we don't know what happened after the Merry Pigs incident. Maybe she finally decided enough was enough. I just don't see her trying to do what he ended up doing. She did not seem at all confident to be driving long distances in the van by herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member