Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe someone can remind us—why do people dispute this 9/10 weekend sighting by the neighbor across the street? Maybe BL took off as soon as it was known, or public, that Gabby was reported missing (9/11 or 9/12). That would make sense to me. IF the neighbor is mistaken about the date, most people remember when something happened on a weekend. So maybe she has the weekends confused. If so, that would mean she saw Brian Sept 3, 4 or 5. Which is probably true (he was there), but, was it really the LAST time he was at the home. Maybe not if he left with his parents to camp for Sept 6-7. If he took off during or after that trip, then the neighbor is mistaken. If not, then I think he came back to the house from Sept 7-11 and left on either Sept 11, 12 or 13.

I'm failing to understand as well. When did witness eye sightings become invalid in cases? They've helped solve cases many times in the past, why are they scoffed at now and considered totally unreliable?

I have been thinking the same thing.

I thought from the beginning that he strangled her because he went for her neck or close to it when they fought. I am going by her description in the police video. In fact, I can't watch that video from the YouTuber because I think that is when he killed her, and that back door closing gives me horrible chills.
But I haven't seen crime scene pictures unless you are talking about the pictures that are marked by LE at Spread Creek.
Those pictures have the impression of a long, drawn out attack, imo.
Or maybe gunshots.
Heartbreaking.

I put the bodycam on slow today and tried to catch a few things I had missed. One was my opinion that the mark on Gabby's face got worse with time as she was stopped. I also noticed the exact moment Brian put his phone in his pocket. I may be dissed for this but I am now of the opinion that he had his phone the whole time but had left it in the car in the beginning. During the stop, he was allowed back in his car and it is the second time he got out that he put the phone in his pocket and that was after the officer asked him if he had anything on him and he said no. ETA--I am going to have to relisten to be sure that this was not him going back in the car to get Gabby's phone. A poster below brought that up and I had missed it.
So, I do think he was just responding to the officer who was about to look in his pocket it seemed. He did not have the phone in his pocket then. I believe he answered "NO' meaning there was nothing on him then. You can find about 41:15 in on the video. Also, noting that his fingernails are relatively short. I think he had to have been digging his fingernails into her face as I mentioned as a possibility in an earlier post. And I barely see any mark that the wire he mentioned could have done to his hands.

(I am not a youtube pro and don't use it often. I remember finding out here once that I could control the playback speed. Putting this video on 25% helped see some things I was having a hard time seeing and at times hearing. Passing on the tip)

Sources:
Uploading screenshots.

ETA--Going to have to re-listen as a poster below brought up that Brian had to retrieve Gabby's phone for her. Sorry if I missed that. I am definitely going to relisten. #teamwork. I appreciate it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-02 at 3.14.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-02 at 3.14.46 PM.png
    687.1 KB · Views: 97
  • Screen Shot 2021-10-02 at 3.12.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-02 at 3.12.06 PM.png
    470.6 KB · Views: 100
  • Screen Shot 2021-10-02 at 8.09.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-02 at 8.09.08 PM.png
    633.8 KB · Views: 100
  • Screen Shot 2021-10-02 at 8.07.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-02 at 8.07.56 PM.png
    693.9 KB · Views: 96
  • Brian's hands copy.jpg
    Brian's hands copy.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
The bullhorn is a little much. It's too bad the Ls don't live in a secluded area where they would only bother the Ls. I would imagine there would be some sort of charge/citation regarding the bullhorn.
Those people are a public nuisance. <modsnip - off topic>
I want justice for Gabby as much as anyone else. I want Brian caught just as much as everyone else. But they need to live this neighborhood in peace.
All of the above my personal opinion and speculation.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not so sure. People would remember hearing a gun shot. Silencers are super expensive to own and I doubt he had one.

Not coming off condescending, but what reason do you believe for the multiple gunshots embedded in the trees? Nobody has came out and said anything about a gun, other than the case left behind, so he did have one. But those photos look very much like bullet holes, and there were many of them from what I saw.

Wow!! She was in the cruiser with a 'phone'....talking to her 'parents' per the video. but that does raise a good point...certainly could have been a phone from the LE or ranger. I hand my phone to people to use during emergencies often. Excellent point-makes me think.
OK, so they had to request her phone from him so she could make that call. They wanted to retrieve it from the van but he couldn't explain where the "spot" was and needed to get it himself. It sounded like he was headed to get it with the cop from the second body cam but I haven't watched that part of it. Does anyone know where it was? Is there a freaking hiding place in the van where he kept her stuff from her? Again, why are they just ignoring red flags?

Thank you for the photos. I see something going down her back from her shoulders. I could not see the detail of bruising on her neck...let me go back again.

No probs. I did think I saw a cut near her shoulder-blade. It's all speculative, of course. None of us can know for sure how she got those marks. Only Brian would be able to tell us, since Gabby is no longer with us. I doubt they would use that as admissible evidence.

I am curious, though. Gabby appeared to have a journal, or a sketchbook that she doodled in. I would be interested to know if that is now missing from her belongings. It seemed quite personal, judging by the one pic she shared.

Source: Login • Instagram

I'm also curious as to what B-Roll footage she might have captured on the trip. The candid moments she had to edit out because they potentially exposed the couple's less than idyllic ups and downs. I do seem to recall that LE did recover a hard drive in one of their searches. But what about her laptop?

agree with ALL of this. Recall that the female officer when she came to get Gabby’s phone said “She would like her phone, do happen to know where it is?” Ca. 41:30 in the first bodycam video. Like she had to ask permission from BL to even have her own phone.

moo.

My understanding is that at that point the officers were keeping Brian and Gabby separated (due to the DV situation) so they did not want to bring Gabby to the van to get her phone. The officer had to ask Brian if he knew where it was since, understandably, the officer would not know. MOO

There are multiple videos of BL walking. His feet point out. Way out. Super distinctive. Should be easy to spot. I have no opinion on rather or not she was abused by him as from the info I saw, LE made a judgement call. I think getting wrenched over his mental condition only distracts from developing any other theory. I have one and it’s only that. A feeling. Both were worried about the other stranding them. I surmise it was thrown around in both directions. After the upset at Merry P’s. Maybe GP left him and proceeded to spread creek. May have been the catalyst.

I don’t think BL was worried at all about being stranded. I think he just didn’t want GP to take the van. I think he wanted it for himself and felt like it was his, even though it was registered to GP.

all just my opinion.

I absolutely agree. I think he fantasizes about living off-grid but the reality is much different.
I think they'll find him living in someone's summer rental, eating fast food, junk food he orders online. He'll be about 20 lbs overweight.
I think he has wi-fi and is following the case closely.
I have gone as far as to wonder if he has an account on this site. MOO/JMO etc.

Here you go, reposting:

View attachment 315840 View attachment 315841

Source: Her tiktok Nomadicstatik
TikTok

OK, I see mark on neck too. But, not clear to me what it is. Could it be dirt from falling. The videos make me so sad. They produced beautiful videos and had much talent. And yes, had a lot of fun together. I wish they had gotten some professional help to deal with their anxieties and their relationship. Could have been a different outcome. imo.

My understanding is that at that point the officers were keeping Brian and Gabby separated (due to the DV situation) so they did not want to bring Gabby to the van to get her phone. The officer had to ask Brian if he knew where it was since, understandably, the officer would not know. MOO

Yes, they had them separated.

Why wouldn’t GP tell the female officer where her phone was when she asked for it? Maybe because she didn’t know where it was because BL had stashed it “in a spot”. It just seems off to me.

jmo.

eta the post I’m replying to.

I don’t think BL was worried at all about being stranded. I think he just didn’t want GP to take the van. I think he wanted it for himself and felt like it was his, even though it was registered to GP.

all just my opinion.

I was just looking at his Instagram reels (or whatever they're called). I took a screenshot, but not sure if that would be allowed. Anyway, he titles part of the video like this:

"Just some Ibis* checking in on my van build" (BBM)

*white birds

Has it been verified that Gabby was talking to her mom during the traffic stop? If so, I wonder what she told her. I think if she told her the truth her parents would have been there in a heartbeat!
I asked myself the same when I watched the video as soon as soon as it was released. Was it Mom?

I'm not so sure. People would remember hearing a gun shot. Silencers are super expensive to own and I doubt he had one.

You can make a cheap one with a plastic PVC pipe or a soda bottle can. But that would show premeditation.

Here you go, reposting:

View attachment 315840 View attachment 315841

Source: Her tiktok Nomadicstatik
TikTok

Ummmm, wow. I went to that video and stopped it at the spot. Am I seeing things? Her entire right shoulder blade looks bruised battered and swollen. MOO. Of course if it is we have to realize that it could have happened in any number of ways. But, if it is bruised, battered and swollen, it certainly doesn't help this situation any since Gabby is not here to explain to LE how that injury came about. MOO

Consider this. Both GP and BL states their concern for being stranded by the other. BL’s sister stated that it was common for them to take a break when fighting and in a short time would be over it. I have no reason to discount her statement. One may have even left the other before the 9/12 stop. Maybe both. We know BL was no stranger to hitchhiking. If she left him, it may have been what fueled what ever happened next. Before anyone blows up, I’m not suggesting it was in any way justified. Only that it could be a plausible scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz