Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #59

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Original MP report
Stephanie Pagones
@steph_pagones

·
22m

One month ago today, #GabbyPetito’s mother reported her daughter missing in Suffolk County, NY. The missing person report is included below. Authorities are still searching for her fiancé, #BrianLaundrie (deleted and reposted with proper redactions)

View attachment 316819

Interesting. In regards to missing persons report attached to quote, I noticed a few things…

alias/nickname/maiden name - durivou

(current?) address - redacted

PREVIOUS address - 4343 wabasso av north port fla

I’m so tired of RL/ChL, and even talking about them. There’s an obvious solution to our dozens of threads… they could issue a statement saying “Brian, we love you, we support you, but you need to come home and we will get through this together.” They could tell SB to pass that on to BL, they could tell BL that if they’re communicating in some way. Then they can support him all they want throughout the legal process. There wouldn’t have even been a strong case presumably without so much consciousness of guilt behavior after Gabby’s death.

I personally find using cover of night to remove posters of Gabby from their lawn despicable. They could also walk out to their lawn in daytime, disclose nothing to anyone but also say “we are so heartbroken over Gabby, we miss her too.”

JMO.

Of course, they would do this when there is privacy. Better that way. Less of chance of confrontation and trouble. Safer. They are not young. They are stressed and troubled.

Who knows what happened to her stuff...BL could have left it in a storage unit and just removed his stuff or tossed it? Supposedly, nothing of hers is at the L home. If her parents got it back, wouldn't they have said something about it? They wouldn't know what the inventory even was after several years, so they wouldn't know what may be missing.........unless everything is. jmo
IDK, it just doesn’t make sense to me that she lived there for 2 years and left nothing in the home. Not a book, a single item of clothing, a hairbrush, nothing. I get that she didn’t have big furniture-type items, but they’re saying that everything Gabby used regularly over the past two years was neatly packed into that tiny van.
Didn’t CaL say that Brian moved his and Gabby’s things out of storage into BL’s parents’ home?
Seriously, and rhetorically, where’s her stuff?

Well, not all people are the same. I did not have the in-laws phone numbers until the grandchildren arrived. I do not have (not have I met) the respective parents of two of my childrens partners and they have been in a reltionship for 3 or more years. All folks are different.
I don’t think all people are the same or need to be. But people aren’t living on an island either. They’re part of a community. We want to know that in a crisis our neighbors would treat us with respect and compassion. I’m not understanding why this is a lot to ask. The Laundries don’t have to say one word about the specifics of the case. They could still act with respect and compassion. Heck, they could have answered Gabby’s parents and said “we don’t know what happened, we’re so sorry, we don’t think we should have any contact right now.” They could acknowledge the loss of Gabby as a human being whose life mattered whether they wanted their son to marry her or not.

If anyone here reading had a child go missing under the circumstances here, would you be okay with the behavior exhibited from your child’s SO’s parents? Or are we just arguing for the sake of arguing at this point until further news comes out?

JMO.

Of course, they would do this when there is privacy. Better that way. Less of chance of confrontation and trouble. Safer. They are not young. They are stressed and troubled.
They don't seem to be stressed or troubled, IMO. What indications do we have of that? But I agree, taking down mementos of Gabby in the dead of night is what they would choose to do, instead of braving it during the daytime. I wonder if they burned the pics of her or just threw them in the garbage.

Last edited:
For starters Brian apparently threw away his phone. Pretty hard for him to get their calls and texts at that point. And there's a thing called 'blocking.' Which Brian could have applied or his parents at their lawyer's direction.

Where did you read that he threw away his phone?

The FBI has taken BL’s cellphone as part of its manhunt for BL — but it’s unclear where Gabby’s phone is. The FBI executed a search warrant at his parents’ home and returned for DNA evidence — and have taken BL’s phone.

The family attorney, Steven Bertolino, confirmed last week that BL fled the home without his wallet and phone.

FBI has Brian Laundrie's phone but not Gabby Petito's

The FBI believe BL purchased a burner phone at an AT&T store in North Port on the day he went missing. FBI agents seized surveillance footage from the store as reports have surfaced that he may have visited the establishment with an older woman on Sept. 14.

The Laundries' attorney, SB did tell TMZ the family purchased a new phone but he 'believes it's the one Brian left behind at home' and notes that the 'FBI is already in possession of it'.

Brian Laundrie 'bought a burner phone' from a Florida AT&T store on the day he went missing | Daily Mail Online

IDK, it just doesn’t make sense to me that she lived there for 2 years and left nothing in the home. Not a book, a single item of clothing, a hairbrush, nothing. I get that she didn’t have big furniture-type items, but they’re saying that everything Gabby used regularly over the past two years was neatly packed into that tiny van.
Didn’t CaL say that Brian moved his and Gabby’s things out of storage into BL’s parents’ home?
Seriously, and rhetorically, where’s her stuff?
I am thinking maybe FBI took most of it during search warrant? Looking for evidence? Diary? Blood?

I was trying to figure out what CL mumbled... it was the most hes ever said on camera!

From my link above:

The couple also refused to answer questions which included: 'Do you know where Brian's passport is?', 'Do you have anything to say about Gabby?', and 'A lot of the neighbors think you know more than you're saying?'

At one stage, Christopher said: "Just let me do it."

Sounds like he is talking to his wife about removing the baskets.

(Disrespectful laundry baskets)

Last edited:
I’m so tired of RL/ChL, and even talking about them. There’s an obvious solution to our dozens of threads… they could issue a statement saying “Brian, we love you, we support you, but you need to come home and we will get through this together.” They could tell SB to pass that on to BL, they could tell BL that if they’re communicating in some way. Then they can support him all they want throughout the legal process. There wouldn’t have even been a strong case presumably without so much consciousness of guilt behavior after Gabby’s death.

I personally find using cover of night to remove posters of Gabby from their lawn despicable. They could also walk out to their lawn in daytime, disclose nothing to anyone but also say “we are so heartbroken over Gabby, we miss her too.”

JMO.
Hmmm - so how exactly would putting out a public message get to Brian? You are inferring that SB still has contact with his client, even though his client is on the run? Is that allowed? All your suggestion would do, is presumably, give the public something else with which to lambast them.

JMO.
Hmmm - so how exactly would putting out a public message get to Brian? You are inferring that SB still has contact with his client, even though his client is on the run? Is that allowed? All your suggestion would do, is presumably, give the public something else with which to lambast them.

I bet it’s hot and heavy discussions inside the L house. Wonder if they write things down thinking their house is bugged? I bet tensions are really bad 24/7 inside house with cameras outside. FBI watching everything you do. There has to be a breaking point. The L family never guessed they were putting themselves in a jail like exsistance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke