Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #59

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. In regards to missing persons report attached to quote, I noticed a few things…

alias/nickname/maiden name - durivou

(current?) address - redacted

PREVIOUS address - 4343 wabasso av north port fla
I think it is because the MP report was filed in NY and perhaps they would only take the report if the MP was resident in NY?

How many skateboards did he take on the trip? Didn't someone say he gave away one of the skateboards? IMO Why would a person take skateboards in a van with such limited space. Bizarre priorities. Why not take a hacky sack instead if he was cooperating in the downsize?

IMO.
My husbands skate board is in our van, he uses it for having a bit of laugh, being in a van a lot can get a little boring so you have to find time for hobbies and such, I knit and draw which keeps me occupied. All MOO.

How many skateboards did he take on the trip? Didn't someone say he gave away one of the skateboards? IMO Why would a person take skateboards in a van with such limited space. Bizarre priorities.

IMO.
Speaking of equipment for the long-haul trip, Question for long term hikers/campers: Would a hatchet be a necessary item in the equipment stash? Splitting wood for campfires???? What else would be needed for long-term camping/hiking? jmo

Re: GP's stuff

The quote from the local police spokesperson in Gabby's family haven't received her remains & her 'stuff is in Brian's home'

says he/she was “unaware of any items of hers from inside the home”

That doesn't necessarily mean there were no items inside the home. It could mean (and likely does) that the only items local LE had of GP's at the time came from the van. If the FBI has made a statement about what they saw in the home when they did their extensive search I'm unaware of it. So I don't think we should be assuming all GP's property is gone from the home. Maybe it is. But the police quote doesn't really say that. And the quote from NP was quite awhile ago, maybe about 2 weeks?

I'm also not sure what sorts of property would have ever been there beyond clothes and jewelry. Apparently she's always lived in someone else's already-established home so she wouldn't have things like kitchen stuff or furniture.

Their trip was to span several seasons so she'd need to take different clothes with her whether we've seen them in the van or not. And didn't she sell her clothes online?

JMO

That makes me wonder if Brian's flight home was due to a breakup between the two.

Since they planned on being gone for much longer, perhaps his parents asked them to put their belongings in storage so they could paint? Remodel? Maybe, they just wanted the room back. Perhaps the kids put all of their things in storage, and then they broke up after the Moab incident, Brian flew home and took his things out because he planned on living with his parents again, but maybe he left Gabby's things in the storage locker. Maybe they're still there.

JMOO

Speaking of equipment for the long-haul trip, Question for long term hikers/campers: Would a hatchet be a necessary item in the equipment stash? Splitting wood for campfires???? What else would be needed for long-term camping/hiking? jmo
We have an axe in our van for splitting wood.
Edit to add - we’ve also got a fire poker set (we have a log burner) but we use it for outdoor campfires also.

BBM

Gabby Petito: Brian Laundie's parents' story has a lot of 'oddness'

"We've said from the beginning there's a lot of oddness here, a lot of things that just didn't make sense," North Port Police spokesperson Josh Taylor said.

"I mean your son walks out there, now they're saying on a Monday, you know, to report that on a Friday, and then be confused on what day that was. I mean there are a lot of things that are odd there."

Laundrie's parents changed their story about what day Laundrie left their home, admitting that he vanished a day earlier than they previously told police.

the only way this makes some sense to me is if he left to go hiking on Monday but they did not notice he was not home until some time on Tuesday- such as they went to bed Monday night and it was Tuesday that they noticed he had not come home. Yes it is a small house, but maybe they do not eat together and BL just goes off and does whatever and gets take out organic food, and maybe they go to sleep at 9pm and he stays out until late... also, the report was filed by the lawyer, correct? So the information went to the lawyer's office via some method and then to the police so maybe garbled. If these folks are still running their business, I would imagine that they are not in a focused mental state. IMO.

We don't take a hatchet (usually where we camp, fires are not allowed), but we do take a mallet to hammer in the tent pegs.

They dont take up much room. A d they are a way to get around !
I've been to state and national parks in Texas, NM, Alaska, Washington, Canada, Arizona, never have seen much concrete to skate on, and campsites are typically dirt or small slabs. Seems to me that it's self indulgent on his part, considering the limited shared space for a very long trip.

Why didn't he go skateboarding on the streets and sidewalks of Moab instead of taking Gabby from her work project because the time he gave her was up?

I've been to state and national parks in Texas, NM, Alaska, Washington, Canada, Arizona, never have seen much concrete to skate on, and campsites are typically dirt or small slabs. Seems to me that it's self indulgent on his part, considering the limited shared space for a very long trip.
On one of his Bizarre posts I believe he's shown using his skateboard on the sand dunes

That makes me wonder if Brian's flight home was due to a breakup between the two.

Since they planned on being gone for much longer, perhaps his parents asked them to put their belongings in storage so they could paint? Remodel? Maybe, they just wanted the room back. Perhaps the kids put all of their things in storage, and then they broke up after the Moab incident, Brian flew home and took his things out because he planned on living with his parents again, but maybe he left Gabby's things in the storage locker. Maybe they're still there.

JMOO
I thought this also. But why wouldn’t she ask her dad to come get her? Her van was there. She could drive home! She is in a hotel for what a week?
Makes no sense! She did t want to go home is my guess! She tells dad nothing!

Well, the parks I've been in have rules against gathering wood. Many times there is firewood for sale in the concessions, if fires are allowed. I suspect they would have knives but not a hatchet. They would need a lot of stuff for just normal camping, which is why I questioned the multiple (IIRC) skateboards he brought along.

IMO

Last edited:

JMOO
I have wondered about that......................and also wondered if the storage rental locker was rented to Gabby, as everything else seems to be in her name. If that is the case, Brian would have had the key or entry card to open it, but only Gabby could have closed the account with the storage company. Maybe her stuff is still there, in a delinquent storage unit? jmo

the only way this makes some sense to me is if he left to go hiking on Monday but they did not notice he was not home until some time on Tuesday- such as they went to bed Monday night and it was Tuesday that they noticed he had not come home. Yes it is a small house, but maybe they do not eat together and BL just goes off and does whatever and gets take out organic food, and maybe they go to sleep at 9pm and he stays out until late... also, the report was filed by the lawyer, correct? So the information went to the lawyer's office via some method and then to the police so maybe garbled. If these folks are still running their business, I would imagine that they are not in a focused mental state. IMO.
But I think the Mustang was back Monday night - are am I confuse? If so, then they had to know he was missing then.

On one of his Bizarre posts I believe he's shown using his skateboard on the sand dunes
I didn't see that, but just from the Watts case where the ("then" future) confessed baby murderer was with his affair partner at the dunes, they had special boards that are rented just for that. They have foot supports on top. Maybe he did use his own skateboard, but the wheels might slow him down!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member