Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #66

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been holding of on participating in this thread. I am from Ireland and have been following this case since Gabby was reported missing, it made the news here in Ireland when it was confirmed BL returned to FL with her van and without her.
I am just utterly heartbroken for Gabby's family. I have seen the body cam footage, both of them, and once I seen that and heard that BL and family would not cooperate with LE, I knew in my heart she was gone.
I don't even know what to say or how to add to this thread other than to say that Gabby HAS touched so many lives all across the world. And as her Dad said on Dr. Phil, her death will not be in vain.
I'm not sure in the USA, but in Ireland it has opened must needed discussions in MSM about DV, and especially in younger people, and how to spot signs etc.
I am sorry this is one of my first posts here on WS, even though I have been a LONG time sleuth, so MODS I am sorry if I have broken any rules, and please feel free to remove/delete.
Great that it has opened up discussions of DV, I hope that's true, world-wide, not just in English speaking countries! jmo

I can't find the date/s he was hitchhiking and the date at the piglet cafe. We need to work between those dates. My thinking he killed her the night after the restaurant where he carried on.
Okay, this is my thought process, which is making my head spin.

Merry Piglets was 1-2pm on 8/27 and BL hitchhiking from Colter Bay back to Spread Creek was 5-6:30ish pm on 8/29. If they hadn't set up camp anywhere yet on the 27th, and he killed her right after MP, why were they back to the same spot at Spread Creek where he had been seen the day before (by JS)? That wouldn't make sense to me unless they had camped there the 26th. From the 26th on (both before and after MP), it appears the van was parked in the same location, not even a camping spot, right across the creek from, at least, a fire pit. Then GP's body ends up right in front of that fire pit. Where were they camping on the 26th? To me, it's significant. If they camped at Spread Creek on the 26th, it doesn't seem likely, imo, they would sleep in the packed back of the van instead of setting up camp like normal. And if they were only sleeping in the van there, why go back after MP?

All this said, I do agree it's possible he killed her on the 27th. But, in my mind, with the information we have to date, it could have been the 28th or 29th, just as easily. I can't help but try to figure this out, no matter how convoluted I sound.

Last edited:
And I have no doubt the staff and other witnesses have given their statements about is bad behavior.

I hope they have. The restaurant released a statement saying their staff talked with the FBI but would have no public comment. And that's fine but it means right now all we have are the varying statements from the one blogger. Oh, and one statement from a manager saying they came on foot instead of in the van (???? Kind of doubt that they walked from the campsite.) Brian & Gabby arrived at diner 'on foot with no van,' manager claims

JMO

I see the restaurant situation being discussed & I wanted to add this interview with the witness that posted about it on Instagram stories. I thought it was a pretty good interview. Idk if it’s been posted before, but I thought I’d just share bc folks were discussing that. :)
& actually some of the things she mentions are quite interesting in terms of her speculation as to what started that whole ordeal. If you haven’t watched it, it’s an interesting watch. :)

He was prescribed medication, but I don't believe he ever took it.

He said: "I feel like if I took the medication, I’d put myself off balance, and then I’d be more anxious — that’s probably just part of my anxiety."

Sounds like he never even tried it.

Brian Laundrie admitted he refused to take anxiety medication after police-involved fight with Gabby Petito (the-sun.com)

It could be that he took it at one time but didn't like the way it made him feel. That is not not uncommon.

He was prescribed medication, but I don't believe he ever took it.

He said: "I feel like if I took the medication, I’d put myself off balance, and then I’d be more anxious — that’s probably just part of my anxiety."

Sounds like he never even tried it.

Brian Laundrie admitted he refused to take anxiety medication after police-involved fight with Gabby Petito (the-sun.com)
I didn’t get that takeaway away from the dialogue. He doesn’t say “my” medicine. He distances with “the.” Does he say the word “prescribed”. I can’t find any msm that say this. It’s all been duplicated from one Sun article and it even says “appeared”. I can’t find the transcript I posted yesterday odor so. Does anyone have it handy?

In the video, Laundrie appeared to say he had been prescribed medication for anxiety.

BODYCAM FOOTAGE
The officer driving the vehicle could first be heard chatting to Laundrie about his wife's anxiety, saying that she "takes medication for it daily," and "sometimes it's just not enough."

Laundrie then replied about his own struggles, explaining that his doctor had prescribed him medication.

Laundrie admitted refusing to take anxiety meds after fight with Gabby bbm
*I read way too many articles and see how msm plays with peoples words. Everybody wants to be an editor. lol I don’t really trust msm anyway.

I have been holding of on participating in this thread. I am from Ireland and have been following this case since Gabby was reported missing, it made the news here in Ireland when it was confirmed BL returned to FL with her van and without her.
I am just utterly heartbroken for Gabby's family. I have seen the body cam footage, both of them, and once I seen that and heard that BL and family would not cooperate with LE, I knew in my heart she was gone.
I don't even know what to say or how to add to this thread other than to say that Gabby HAS touched so many lives all across the world. And as her Dad said on Dr. Phil, her death will not be in vain.
I'm not sure in the USA, but in Ireland it has opened must needed discussions in MSM about DV, and especially in younger people, and how to spot signs etc.
I am sorry this is one of my first posts here on WS, even though I have been a LONG time sleuth, so MODS I am sorry if I have broken any rules, and please feel free to remove/delete.

Thank you for posting; it is very interesting to know that Gabby’s story has resonated in other countries, and that it’s triggered discussion of domestic violence in all places where people have heard about it.

In the footage later in the day you can see two 'tents' they put up. One no-wall canopy to protect LE while they processed evidence I am assuming. The other tent was a large multi dome they possibly put over the area the body was found.

Please, Please can you post a link to this footage as I have not seen it.
It will most definitely contribute to the map I've posted in prior threads.
PM me if need be.
Many thanks in advance!

Great that it has opened up discussions of DV, I hope that's true, world-wide, not just in English speaking countries! jmo
I must be missing something. It could have been any one of any almost infinite number of things.

Having waited tables for many years, I can attest that people barely need an excuse to get pissed off in a restaurant. Usually you can chalk it up to grumpiness, poor manners, and people without much control over a lot in their lives enjoying a bit of a power trip over wait staff. Maybe they waited a minute too long before you came to the table. Maybe they were upset because they didn't want ice in their soda. Maybe they didn't know the guacamole costs extra... Maybe there was a legit complaint, like the wrong food delivered to the table after a long wait. Maybe it was something silly like there weren't enough tortilla chips in the free chip basket.

It didn't need to involve Gabby or her food at all for him to have gotten angry, so I'm not sure why that extra piece is coming in. Maybe there was something said that I missed. MOO.
Ditto, on customer complaints, ha ha, we have no idea what the complaint was about. We don't even know if they actually ate anything. The witness had no idea, either. She was speculating as to why he was so upset. She just witnessed his bad behavior. jmo

I would say it would be August 22-29. Anything passed the 29th (during that week) would be 2 weeks x days. JMO :)

Agreed. It means 21-28 days. There are specific things that happen in decomp along about 21 days post-mortem, which can be delayed somewhat by the temperatures and the humidity, as well as the local catalogue of insects.

Jackson is in Jackson Hole technically though. And typically Jackson Hole is what tourists call the town of Jackson even though JH includes the valley in general. It really doesn't make sense that this is what spooked him. He would be in Jackson Hole before the town of Jackson on the route out of the park so... He likely wanted to go the other direction at the fork as there is a split even though both roads can get you back to JH. One way takes you right by Spread Creek Camp, the way he eventually went with the second ride he hitched.

But perhaps he didn't know any of this. He demanded to be let out when it was clarified they were going to Jackson.

True. But did he know she was dead when he used the card? I think he did, but it's yet to be proven. I don't know if that makes a difference legally.
A good defense attorney will surely say he used the card because that’s what they always did and if he knew she was dead he would have never been foolish enough to use the card!
Now I’m wondering if there is camera footage of BL using the card previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ery810