Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #66

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And, didn't he offer $200 cash for a ride? Not sure if that threads in to this timing, or discussion of the card.

Amateur opinion and speculation

He did offer $200 to the couple that picked him hitchhiking. When they picked him, iirc, he asked where they were going and they said Jackson. I think he took that mean Jackson Hole and once he realized they were going Jackson he wanted OUT. I don't think he wanted to go anywhere near Jackson out of fear of being recognized from the Merry Piglets incident.

My speculation is that maybe he thought he could go to Jackson Hole and possibly catch a bus or another ride to where he could.

Once they let him out I think he realized his options were limited and he then returned to the van and drove home to Florida.

According to National Consumer Law Center Associate Director Lauren Saunders, it's not illegal to lend someone else your credit card. In other words, that little loan is not breaking any federal or state laws. But there's a good chance you're violating your credit card contract.
If it breaks no laws, how is it he has been indicted on a charge of unauthorized use?

And, didn't he offer $200 cash for a ride? Not sure if that threads in to this timing, or discussion of the card.

He did offer $200 to the couple that picked him hitchhiking. When they picked him, iirc, he asked where they were going and they said Jackson. I think he took that mean Jackson Hole and once he realized they were going Jackson he wanted OUT. I don't think he wanted to go anywhere near Jackson out of fear of being recognized from the Merry Piglets incident.

My speculation is that maybe he thought he could go to Jackson Hole and possibly catch a bus or another ride to where he could.

Once they let him out I think he realized his options were limited and he then returned to the van and drove home to Florida.

It's very strange, esp. b/c it would seem they were willing to give him a ride, regardless. I find it even more interesting, that in (alleged) encounters with strangers, he always references Gabby in some way.

I really do hope BL's mind is torturing him, and that he will step forward.
Somehow, I hope he has seen the snip of "Dog" growling at him (cripes that scared the heck out of me!), and that he follow's Dog's advice to be a man, "for once".

I hadn't thought about the fact he always references Gabby. Yes, very interesting...

I think JT was bluffing. There is no way that LE would have surveillance on a POI in such a high profile case and leave once they saw him walk into the woods. That’s what undercovers are for.
You are probably correct, lol, but I got excited thinking that maybe LE DID have eyes on him entering the reserve! I thought that that unpublished surveillance could be the so-called "intelligence" that has kept them searching there all this time. I suppose it could still be, if it was undercover.....but then, how did they lose him? Or, he just never came out of the reserve. ??? jmo

She was already deceased when he used the card/funds. Hard to argue she gave him her permission after he had already killed her.

I wondered about this as well. I initially thought the charges were able to initiated because he crossed state lines (interstate commerce) and was defiantely alone and not with her, making his use of the cards a chargeable offense due to interstate commerce violations, not because of an assumption related to time of death.

While the release does state the charges are "related to Mr. Laundrie's activities following the death of Gabrielle Petito", the feds had found her body when this was released, and I thought it was reflecting that as a reason, not necessarily her time of death related to the card use.

I am not sure I am being very clear in expressing this question.

Is that possible or am I completely off base on that interpretation?

MOO, more wonderings about facts and details. Thanks everyone for your wise thoughts and insight!

Yes. We know from Brian's own words on the Moab police body cam footage that he had been taking medication but stopped, iirc. It is my opinion that their problems stem from his mental health issues, not hers. I believe he projected his issues on to her.

60 minutes Australia is doing a special on GP & the case (link to trailer). It’s coming out on Sunday (I’m sure that’s Sunday in Australia). It looks like it’ll be pretty good! Does anyone know when the US will be able to see that? Or maybe a better question is how can us folks in the states watch that special? Is there an app or something?

ETA: imbedded link for easy access to trailer.

Last edited:
Speculation: See, I didn’t read her comment like that in my mind. I was thinking more like: Gabby wanted to order something off the Menu and they said they were out or something like that. Then Brian started yelling at the waitress, cause that little something set him off. Gabby is so embarrassed (maybe he’s done this type of thing before) and tries to get him to stop. She can’t take another public humiliation…imo

Yes. We know from Brian's own words on the Moab police body cam footage that he had been taking medication but stopped, iirc. It is my opinion that their problems stem from his mental health issues, not hers. I believe he projected his issues on to her.
He was prescribed medication, but I don't believe he ever took it.

He said: "I feel like if I took the medication, I’d put myself off balance, and then I’d be more anxious — that’s probably just part of my anxiety."

Sounds like he never even tried it.

Brian Laundrie admitted he refused to take anxiety medication after police-involved fight with Gabby Petito (the-sun.com)

The problem I see is that the female witness's story isn't entirely consistent across accounts. That's obvious from the links you provided. For example, in one of the linked stories, she said (in a quote) BL & GP got kicked out of the restaurant. In another account she said she thought they were going to get kicked out. Could be bad reporting, could be a shifting story, we just don't know.

I don't see how that blames GP. And if it turns out the restaurant event wasn't the "trigger" that's not blaming her either. I do think the event helps pin down where they were that day at lunchtime between 1-2pm per the witness. And I'm sure staff can confirm the time they were there one way or they other (memory, card receipts)
JMO

I hadn't thought about the fact he always references Gabby. Yes, very interesting...
Yes...I'm not looking to give this guy a hall pass, but I truly do question his cognitive ability to identify reality. When he is found, I suspect he will end up in a medical facility for the rest of his life.

60 minutes Australia is doing a special on GP & the case (link to trailer). It’s coming out on Sunday (I’m sure that’s Sunday in Australia). It looks like it’ll be pretty good! Does anyone know when the US will be able to see that? Or maybe a better question is how can us folks in the states watch that special? Is there an app or something?

I watched their last Gabby special on their YouTube channel here

https://www.youtube.com/c/60Minutes9/videos

1,000 "Likes" !!
Exactly.
Thank you for the links.

How was she to be blamed for Brian's loathsome actions towards the staff ?
She was obviously distraught and even apologized for Brian's tirade.
He was out of control.
Agreed with the other poster I quoted in the previous thread -- I think things may have escalated that very night.

Makes one wonder what Gabby's daily life was with him in private ?
More like daily torture. :mad:
Many of us are here at WS because we are on the true victim's side ... always !
There is never any excuse for victim blaming ; it's not who we are.

Hard to believe he returned four times to harass the wait staff; but there's documented evidence.
If he disagreed with the price, he should have just paid his tab -- and then, find a different restaurant to eat at, in the future.
How difficult was that for him to understand ?
Imo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members