Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #67

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think he's off grid in the area. You'd have to know North Port and the lay of the land to understand why I still think that. I'm 50/50 on whether he is still hiding or already met his fate as gator bait.

We used to go 4 wheeling right down near the Sarasota/Charlotte county line on the west side of I-75. There isn't any running water or electric unless someone intentionally built a house. The trails there are incredible. Years and years of dirt bikes, 4 wheelers, fire pits, etc. NPPD tries to keep people out but it's hard. There are bodies found way out there, people dumping trash, old homeless camps, etc.

Anyway, BL would blend right in. [This guys comment......] You can see the park is currently closed. The area with the red X, marked by me, is what I'm referring to above.

View attachment 317639

View attachment 317640
Google Maps
I am sure I speak for all forum members when I say we really appreciate posters such as you who can give us local perspective. Many of us have never lived in gator territory. Local posters have said that Carlton Reserve would be a miserable place to hide out for any length of time, with the mosquitos and wildlife there. That is one of the main reasons I don't think BL stayed there long, if indeed he ever went there. The other main reason I lean more heavily toward the "he's not there" side of the fence is that it's hard to imagine a fugitive staying so close to where he parked the getaway car. But people do some crazy things and it doesn't have to make sense. I am going to go 90/10 today on alive in hiding/dead. JMHO

The thing is, are we sure these weren't just clickbait? In the articles does it say they argued with each other or did they just mention the exchange with the staff?

The parts in quotation marks are taken directly from the articles, not the headlines.

In a way it proves that if we are to take what these articles say with a pinch of salt, we should also take witness accounts with a pinch of salt.

The only thing we know to be 100%, unequivocal, irrefutable truth is what we witnessed with our own eyes in that traffic stop footage.

IMO, everything else, unless confirmed otherwise by LE and the FBI could be hearsay, speculation and assumption.

MOO

And the first thing the witness describes is Gabby getting up crying, then Brian angry with staff. Yes, various ways to interrupt. Not necessarily mad at each other. This might change my opinion on how this influence what happened at Spreading Creek, and Gabby's boots still with her. Did they camp there on the 27th together? Was it something else?

I do believe she was trying to remember to the best of her ability. BUT...very interesting that she seem to say that Gabby got up crying and left first and THEN Brian started arguing with staff. Did waitress upset Gabby? And Brian lose his temper?
After watching the video, I'm starting to think that yes, it could be that Gabby was upset with the staff.

Maybe he had started plotting his disappearance and just stashed the money for the future. Didn't necessarily purchase a lot of stuff. jmo

Maybe. Not being an attorney I'm not sure how to read the indictment. But it says

"...and by such conduct obtained things of value aggregating to $1000 or more."

Makes it sound like purchases but I guess cash is a "thing" that has value.

JMO

Arrest warrant issued for Brian Laundrie for 'unauthorized use' of credit cards related to Gabby Petito case

I am sure I speak for all forum members when I say we really appreciate posters such as you who can give us local perspective. Many of us have never lived in gator territory. Local posters have said that Carlton Reserve would be a miserable place to hide out for any length of time, with the mosquitos and wildlife there. That is one of the main reasons I don't think BL stayed there long, if indeed he ever went there. The other main reason I lean more heavily toward the "he's not there" side of the fence is that it's hard to imagine a fugitive staying so close to where he parked the getaway car. But people do some crazy things and it doesn't have to make sense. I am going to go 90/10 today on alive in hiding/dead. JMHO

Totally agree with how good it is to get a local perspective and point of view in cases like this.

It gives us such a good feel for the environment that BL might (or might not) be hiding out in.

I certainly wouldn't want to step foot in there with everything I've heard about the wildlife. The scariest wildlife where I live is when my neighbour hangs her washing out without her teeth in!

MOO

I’m surprised the restaurant didn’t call the police on BL. I once had to on an unruly customer.
Once??? I had hundreds of them! Restaurant doesn't call LE unless there is destruction or physical threat. They try to calm the customer down. It would be bad PR if they were always calling the police. jmo

When it was first reported and I believe it was TikTok people who talked about it, they said he was speaking quietly but intensely and aggressively - about something.

No mention of anything except him going in and out 4 times, no mention of screaming in any account that I've heard or read.
Yes. Thank you. I found it so early, I passed it by and didn’t pay too much attention to it as a valid piece. But as days went on it built intensity until here we are another Instagram star. This is how our world works now - one day -sensational opportunities arise from nowhere and suddenly
upload_2021-10-16_13-10-54.jpeg
Who’s there?
Opportunity!
Come in?
Go away?
Whatcha gonna say?

I just wanted to add the interview with the restaurant witness from my OP to this thread. I should have added it to multi quote before the thread closed but I didn’t think about it. So if anyone needs it for reference, here it is.
This is chilling…it’s clear to me, (amateur opinion), that the guy was having some sort of episode. He needs to be found NOW.

amateur opinion and speculation

It’s hard to keep up with these threads, so this may have already been answered, but I believe it was @ShadyLady who asked if the witness at the Merry Piglets knew what Gabby was wearing that day. Accuweather.com says it was a high of 71 and low of 39 on August 27th, so in my opinion Gabby would likely have been wearing a sweatshirt in the evening. The nights were very cold, sometimes freezing during that time frame, which also hopefully helped to preserve her body.

Totally agree with how good it is to get a local perspective and point of view in cases like this.

It gives us such a good feel for the environment that BL might (or might not) be hiding out in.

I certainly wouldn't want to step foot in there with everything I've heard about the wildlife. The scariest wildlife where I live is when my neighbour hangs her washing out without her teeth in!

MOO
:D:D

BL was reported to have a hiking pack with waist strap when he left for his 'meditation walk' in the Reserve. Who leaves any form of tracing, a phone and wallet, and takes a full hiking pack on a walk? And if he is dead in the reserve, it's getting harder to imagine that, between the live scent and cadaver dogs in and out and the hiking pack that would be covered with his scent that would remain.

Last edited:
Maybe. Not being an attorney I'm not sure how to read the indictment. But it says

"...and by such conduct obtained things of value aggregating to $1000 or more."

Makes it sound like purchases but I guess cash is a "thing" that has value.

JMO

Arrest warrant issued for Brian Laundrie for 'unauthorized use' of credit cards related to Gabby Petito case
350$ gasoline. somebody worked it out the last time we discussed it.
Also it was 1k or more.
Could it be 10k?
I don't have the slightest idea how he spent it...

Brian allegedly left and returned to argue four separate times within the same incident. They didn't return on four separate occasions to continue the same argument from a previous visit. It sounds to me like at some point Gabby and Brian were dissatisfied enough to leave and then Brian went back in a few times to give them a piece of his mind... or maybe they were asked by management to leave and Brian was going back in and out trying to plead their case to the manager. Either way it seems they visited Merry Piglets that one time.

ETA: I think I mistook your point the first time I read it. I see it now as why return to argue within that visit more than once.

This is one of those stories that makes me happy WS has all the rules. Which I am still learning, but it makes me more mindful for sure. IIRC, the witness seemed to imply there was some conflict with the Merry Piglets and that is why he kept going back in. I feel as though this story had a lot of speculation and now I can’t remember what is what. I am not sure which parts are true. I can’t remember if Gabby went in afterwards and apologized or not. If that was speculation. There are a few other thing. I can’t keep track!

"Perhaps he was just looking to make imprints on witnesses..."

Makes sense. Even if her remains were not found for a long time, she had parents that would report her missing fairly quickly and he would be the person of interest. It doesn't hurt to have a narrative out there that he had been hiking alone after he was last seen with her alive. That could bring in reasonable doubt in a jury.

I don't think anyone will take seriously the utterances of a man who left his fiancée behind, without her credit cards, and drove across country without her. He is not a reliable person, much less a reliable narrator. Further, he will not be put on the stand to give his various alibis and. the couple who picked him up were already skeptical about his claims, due to the fact that he had almost no gear with him. So I would think it would be quite a bad move for the defense to put either of them on the stand.

Just let the ATM video speak for itself.

Even if BL is the world's fastest hiker, he did not have time to walk to Colter Bay and then onward for a multi-day trip "hiking" along the Snake River (another illegal thing to do without a wilderness permit; I would bet my bottom dollar he did not have campground reservations anywhere near the Snake...he would have had to sneak into Headwaters Campground without a reservation...IMO)

Again, I do believe there are multiple cameras in the vicinity. But we'll never found out any of it, unless someone finds BL, which is not a sure thing.

I have not seen anyone say that Gabby and Brian were arguing before his anger at the staff. It is being spoken about as another demonstration of his lack of control over his anger.
Were have you read that they were arguing and the staff got involved?
I mentioned this already, but I think prior to posts that get cleaned up, there was a lot of speculation about the two of them arguing. I appreciate the Mods working so hard, but it gets hard to separate fact from speculation.

350$ gasoline. somebody worked it out the last time we discussed it.
Also it was 1k or more.
Could it be 10k?
I don't have the slightest idea how he spent it...
I worked out the max amount he could steal as $6000 if he took cap one max daily withdrawl amount (1k checking/ 1k savings) from each account each day (3 days)

Here: Instagrammer details explosive argument between Gabby Petito, Brian Laundrie at Wyoming restaurant

".. she witnessed Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie get into an explosive argument"

And here: Gabby & Brian had 'huge fight at restaurant before she was last seen'

"Gabby Petito had ‘full-blown fight with aggressive Brian Laundrie at restaurant"

And here: Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie had an ‘incident’ in a Wyoming restaurant, manager says

"A manager of a Wyoming restaurant said she saw a “commotion” between Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie"

You state that this is "another demonstration of his lack of control over his anger". Can you please reference the other times where he's had a lack of control over his anger?

As far as I'm aware, the only footage we've seen of BL is the Moab police stop FOOTAGE, in which he doesn't seem angry at all.

He comes across as polite, well mannered, cooperative with the police, and if anything, a bit nervous and anxious. I didn't detect any anger whatsoever so I'm curious as to how you've made this deduction when that's the only footage any of us have seen of him.

TIA

MOO

But the actual video of the witness says nothing about "explosiveness." She says "very temperamental."

I think the events in Moab that are in the 911 call show a man acting out, with anger (trying to drive off without his fiancée, withholding her phone from her, taking her possessions - this wasn't common theft, it was a display of anger).

We can sure agree to disagree on what anger is, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay