Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #73

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CL found the dry bag and picked it up. 2 LE officers were near by as well as his wife. I assume that on some level CL knew he should not touch any possible evidence he came across, was probably been told this before they searched today.
Maybe he was overcome with emotion and touched the bag without thinking.
But after this we see RL holding the bag while an officer is speaking to them.
???Do I have this right???
If so, why had LE not already taken the bag from the L’s? Why was she handed the bag?
I was under the impression that anyone who's ever seen an episode of Columbo or CSI knows not to touch evidence. Especially when everyone is connected by cell phone.
JMHO

I feel they should be considered victims, until there is hard evidence saying otherwise. Since when did silence become an admission of guilt? I've only read rampant and made for movie speculation concerning the family. Jmo

Well, they are awful people, imo, but being awful certainly isn't against the law. If it was, those loud mouthed protesters at their house this afternoon, screaming through megaphones that the Laundries son was going to rot in hell...those people would be under the jail.

Not a shred of human decency in those people.

I wonder why SB didn't clarify before now that they supposedly reported BL missing on the night of the 13th?
You would think he would be texting every reporter that everyday the last month! But the missing persons report was filed 9/17, no way around that. And SB says he let the FBI know that Brian hadn't returned the evening he went for the hike, implying that it was the FBI that didnt let NPPD know.

CL found the dry bag and picked it up. 2 LE officers were near by as well as his wife. I assume that on some level CL knew he should not touch any possible evidence he came across, was probably been told this before they searched today.
If so, why had LE not already taken the bag from the L’s? Why was she handed the bag?
I'm not sure it would matter anyway. I'm sure at some point that dry pack had been handled by CL.

With all the people that have searched that area, I'm surprised that nobody discovered that body or "articles" before.

Something fishy about how this went down IMO
How did ChL know where to go to find that white bag. LE was not with him. I have a feeling the parents knew where to find him, maybe they found him when they went to bring mustang home. MOO

EXCLUSIVE: Moments after Laundrie's parents discovered items possibly belonging to fugitive son

• Items found in a previously underwater area: McPherson said investigators found what appear to be human remains, along with personal items, such as a backpack and notebook, belonging to Brian Laundrie, in a Florida reserve. The items were found in an area that, up until recently, had been underwater.
Live updates: Brian Laundrie search intensifies as items found in preserve

you see this video? it appears as if the parents were alone and ChL knew right where to go to find that bag.
Almost like they could have planned this. MOO

EXCLUSIVE: Moments after Laundrie's parents discovered items possibly belonging to fugitive son

You would think he would be texting every reporter that everyday the last month! But the missing persons report was filed 9/17, no way around that. And SB says he let the FBI know that Brian hadn't returned the evening he went for the hike, implying that it was the FBI that didnt let NPPD know.

was the FBI even involved on 9/13? that was just 2 days after gabby's missing person report was filed...

Some people don't care to be in the public eye. After all the abuse and harassment, if it were me, I'd never talk.
If it were me, I would have been talking since the beginning.
Starting with talking with Gabby's parents.
Maybe not to the public per say, but at least to her parents.
JMO

So there we have it. Exactly as I surmised. The Laundries did, in fact, think they were doing the right thing, as advised by their lawyer.

BBM
IMO

I think the general consensus was that they were following attorney's advice. As for whether or not they thought they were doing the right thing depends on how they view right and wrong.

IMO

The issue was, why would they stay silent if there was nothing to hide. Or if they had a heart. Just because they had a legal right to stay silent doesn't mean it was morally right. IMO

My guess is they knew the right thing was to respond to Gabby's parents and talk to police, but they were forgoing the right thing in order to protect their son.

MOO

I am quite sure that BL went to the the park/swamp/reserve many many moons ago and blew his brains out. <modsnip> Not related to this family in the least. I did offer up a different alternative at some point, just saying. In any case, I don't think the parents had anything to do with body parts that they planted or evidence. In my only thinking. The park was just opened up yesterday (Tuesday) And I think only in my own thoughts that may because the mother went with the husband this time because she had an idea of maybe where he might be? Mother's intuition, just that. It can be strong. And that is how things were found that were his. I think the dude had a psychotic break and that he and Gabbie had a very co-dependent relationship. JMO JMO MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
Fair enough. What's the motive for BL's parents to plant the item's they found? Maybe I'm missing something. JMO.
I'm missing lots. Parents finding BL's stuff so quickly seems too good to be true. What are the chances of that after the best of the best searched there for weeks? I'm just trying to make sense of it all -- parents could have removed something earlier (confession) or planted something -- sign me up for sleuth kindergarten.
MOO

I was under the impression that anyone who's ever seen an episode of Columbo or CSI knows not to touch evidence. Especially when everyone is connected by cell phone.
JMHO
Yes! It is common knowledge. And he must have been told not to touch anything on his previous visit to the preserve with LE as well as today.
If the dry bag RL is holding while an officer appears to be showing them something on his phone is the same bag CL found moments earlier…that seems to be a big blunder. Imo, the first officer who came upon the L’s holding the bag as should have taken and secured the evidence. Were the L’s allowed to walk around with this bag/evidence for 5 mins, 15 mins?
I must be missing something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member