Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #73

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
THe FBI/LE wasn't wearing gloves either, I found that odd. Does anyone find that odd?
I noticed that. But, it wasn't at that an official search. But, CL was being followed by press and didn't want to leave it there unattended. Plus, can you imagine the emotional state he was in? I would have been taken to my knees. JMO

THe FBI/LE wasn't wearing gloves either, I found that odd. Does anyone find that odd?
Gawd! Its worse than I thought!
All the Petitos are getting out of this fiasco is their daughter in a box big enough for a pair of shoes.
Here you go! Nothing else for you. End of story.
What an abortion of justice...heartbreaking.
JMHO.

for me, this is what it comes down to. The Rs told LE where they thought he was. The watched the whole fiasco unfold with swamp buggies and various types of dogs and genuine search folks mowing down the swamp. In the end BL was found right in the small picturesque park he was reported to be in. LE failed in their search attempts. The Ls found him at their first legal attempt after the park was reopened.

What kind of conclusions can the average person make from this?

<modsnip> 2 LE officers were near by as well as his wife. I assume that on some level CL knew he should not touch any possible evidence he came across, was probably been told this before they searched today.
Maybe he was overcome with emotion and touched the bag without thinking.
But after this we see RL holding the bag while an officer is speaking to them.
???Do I have this right???
If so, why had LE not already taken the bag from the L’s? Why was she handed the bag?

According to Laundrie family attorney Steve Bertolino,

Chris was the one to discover a white plastic dry bag belonging to Laundrie, which he found in the presence of a news reporter about 20 feet off the trail, while police discovered the backpack and human remains nearby.

'Chris didn't want to pick the bag up because he wanted law enforcement to see it. This was caught on camera. Chris couldn't find the law enforcement because they were then out of sight, because Chris had been in the woods, so he didn't want to leave the bag there with the news reporter standing nearby, so he picked it up,' Bertolino said.

'He did meet up shortly with law enforcement. They looked at the contents of the bag. At that time, law enforcement officers showed him a picture on the phone of a backpack that law enforcement had located also nearby, and also some distance off the trail. At that point, the Laundries were notified that there was also remains near the backpack and they were asked to leave the preserve,' he continued.

Human remains discovered in the search for Brian Laundrie | Daily Mail Online
49427429-10112585-This_is_the_first_concrete_evidence_that_Laundrie_was_ever_in_th-a-24_1634753270136.jpg

A police officer is pictured walking in the Carlton Reserve with what appears to be the dry bag discovered by Laundrie's father in the preserve.

Banfield said Pasco Co. has told her that Diesel would have been able to locate remains under water.

I totally believe this about Diesel. These dogs are trained to sniff cadaverine. A dead body under water can be detected as the odor rises to the surface. Ultimately, it depends on if the dog was taken to this spot while Landrie was submerged. Only the FBI or LE can confirm that for us though.

The Laundrie attorney states this was happenstance. I find the events of the day to be bizarre; not serendipity.

jmoo

was the FBI even involved on 9/13? that was just 2 days after gabby's missing person report was filed...
That’s a good point. SB said on Cuomo tonight that they told the FBI that Brian was missing on the 13th. But then he said the filed the report on the 17th. The story was a bit convoluted tbh. I posted the links to the vids up thread, if you haven’t seen it yet. Jmo

you see this video? it appears as if the parents were alone and ChL knew right where to go to find that bag.
Almost like they could have planned this. MOO

EXCLUSIVE: Moments after Laundrie's parents discovered items possibly belonging to fugitive son
I would be curious to see previous footage (before arriving at that spot). I'd like to see if he veered off into other areas. I'd also like to know what geographical features are back there. Is there a pond? A grove of trees? Something that made that particular location unique. I've watched the video and my impression is that he did seem to walk back into that area with some kind of purpose, however, without the context of seeing the entire search prior to that turn - it's meaningless to speculate. MOO, etc.

I truly hope Cassie and her husband get their sons into counseling or whatever it is that they are going to need.

This is an awful lot of tragedy for two young boys to process.

Their beloved Uncle Brian, likely dead. Their beloved “Aunt” Gabby, murdered. Their parents and grandparents publicly vilified and harassed, even though to our knowledge, Cassie is an innocent party.

Then having to reconcile, somehow, that fun Uncle Brian and sweet, thoughtful “Aunt” Gabby are both dead due to Uncle Brian.

The maniacal evil of one person has caused a ripple effect of destruction to everyone in two families. IMO the worst collateral damage in the Laundrie family will be those little boys.

I hope so too. I am an Old Lady now, and it was a long time ago, but my immediate family was involved in a scandal, news reports and prison (my father.) We moved across the country and I was given a different last name to be raised by. I carry the shame that I had no part of as a tiny girl. I heard the whispers and I saw the side eyes. It caused a sort of an instant Identity Crisis in me and my sister the older we got and learned the real truth. I don't think there was help at that time for kids (or probably even adults.) Kids today can't hide from what is printed in the media or on tv. I will say prayers for them. JMHO.

Last edited:
Gawd! Its worse than I thought!
All the Petitos are getting out of this fiasco is their daughter in a box big enough for a pair of shoes.
Here you go! Nothing else for you. End of story.
What an abortion of justice...heartbreaking.
JMHO.
With everything that has happened with this case since the Moab stop, I can't say I'm shocked that it turned out this way.
Never once did I think BL would be found alive and that Gabby and her family would get the justice they deserve.

BL is/was a coward IMO I think some of that came from his parents. MOO

for me, this is what it comes down to. The Rs told LE where they thought he was. The watched the whole fiasco unfold with swamp buggies and various types of dogs and genuine search folks mowing down the swamp. In the end BL was found right in the small picturesque park he was reported to be in. LE failed in their search attempts. The Ls found him at their first legal attempt after the park was reopened.

What kind of conclusions can the average person make from this?
Initially they told LE they thought he was in the Carlton Reserve. jmo

According to Bertolino, Chris was the one to discover a white plastic dry bag belonging to Laundrie, which he found in the presence of a news reporter about 20 feet off the trail, while police discovered the backpack and human remains nearby.

'Chris didn't want to pick the bag up because he wanted law enforcement to see it. This was caught on camera. Chris couldn't find the law enforcement because they were then out of sight, because Chris had been in the woods, so he didn't want to leave the bag there with the news reporter standing nearby, so he picked it up,' Bertolino said.

'He did meet up shortly with law enforcement. They looked at the contents of the bag. At that time, law enforcement officers showed him a picture on the phone of a backpack that law enforcement had located also nearby, and also some distance off the trail. At that point, the Laundries were notified that there was also remains near the backpack and they were asked to leave the preserve,' he continued.

Human remains discovered in the search for Brian Laundrie | Daily Mail Online
So, you find it, use your cell to call the closest cop, and wait there without touching it until they find you. Easy peasy.
MOO.

I totally believe this about Diesel. These dogs are trained to sniff cadaverine. A dead body under water can be detected as the odor rises to the surface. Ultimately, it depends on if the dog was taken to this spot while Landrie was submerged. Only the FBI or LE can confirm that for us though.

The Laundrie attorney states this was happenstance. I find the events of the day to be bizarre; not serendipity.

jmoo

A case near where I live involved human remains found in a deep body of water by cadaver dogs. A family member was a detective on the case and said it was amazing how quickly the dog signaled that he found the remains. If cadaver dogs were used to search the area, and BL's remains were there, the dogs would have found him. IMO.

I am quite sure that BL went to the the park/swamp/reserve many many moons ago and blew his brains out. That post was deleted by mods in some frenzy here because I stated that I wouldn't give up a professional opinion off the record, in a professional conversation - just to note. Not related to this family in the least. I did offer up a different alternative at some point, just saying. In any case, I don't think the parents had anything to do with body parts that they planted or evidence. In my only thinking. The park was just opened up yesterday (Tuesday) And I think only in my own thoughts that may because the mother went with the husband this time because she had an idea of maybe where he might be? Mother's intuition, just that. It can be strong. And that is how things were found that were his. I think the dude had a psychotic break and that he and Gabbie had a very co-dependent relationship. JMO JMO MOO
I just hope he relates all this on the notebook and it brings some understanding to this dreadful thing.

That’s a good point. SB said on Cuomo tonight that they told the FBI that Brian was missing on the 13th. But then he said the filed the report on the 17th. The story was a bit convoluted tbh. I posted the links to the vids up thread, if you haven’t seen it yet. Jmo

yeah, i saw the interview earlier, thanks! i found it odd that he would involve the FBI at that point, if, in fact, he actually did...

I would be curious to see previous footage (before arriving at that spot). I'd like to see if he veered off into other areas. I'd also like to know what geographical features are back there. Is there a pond? A grove of trees? Something that made that particular location unique. I've watched the video and my impression is that he did seem to walk back into that area with some kind of purpose, however, without the context of seeing the entire search prior to that turn - it's meaningless to speculate. MOO, etc.
The one i watched appeared to show the parents alone for at least 5 minutes or so as they walked down that road, then ChL veered off into the brush and came back with that bag. I think that is a bit convenient.
Maybe suspicious even.
MOO

So, you find it, use your cell to call the closest cop, and wait there without touching it until they find you. Easy peasy.
MOO.

I get what your saying but I would pick up a bag - I thought might be my son's - to keep it safe and to make sure LE got it. I wouldn't wait around with the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salty7