Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #81

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In nearly every image I've seen, GP is not wearing boots. BL could always have said that she was wearing flipflops. As they were outside the rear of the van when the Bethunes drove by, that wouldn't sound too unreasonable. If she had been wearing boots, and we know the temp. was dropping, why would she take them off and risk getting dirty feet before going into the tent? It doesn't make sense, but not much does with this case no matter what we're talking about.

She could have put on different shoes that are a lot more comfortable than hiking boots. Like Uggs, which are super comfortable and warm but not suitable for hiking. IMO just because someone removed their hiking boots doesn't mean that they didn't have shoes on. IMO.

In nearly every image I've seen, GP is not wearing boots. BL could always have said that she was wearing flipflops. As they were outside the rear of the van when the Bethunes drove by, that wouldn't sound too unreasonable. If she had been wearing boots, and we know the temp. was dropping, why would she take them off and risk getting dirty feet before going into the tent? It doesn't make sense, but not much does with this case no matter what we're talking about.
She may have wanted to walk barefoot through the water.

I believe that once there's confirmation/proof that an account holder has died, the family can request that their social media platforms are disabled and/or deleted.

It's hard to do without proof of death, ie: a death certificate.

The Laundries appear to be exceptionally private people, so it has probably been very uncomfortable for them having BL's social media rifled through by armchair analysts and nosy members of the public picking over it like vultures, but their hands were effectively tied, as up until they found and identified his remains, he was simply missing/on the run.

I imagine as soon as they were legally able to, they took the opportunity to close down any of his social media.

MOO

I can't speak of all SM companies and their policies concerning deaths, only FB as I experienced with my sisters fb account after her death.

FB required a death certificate which I provided, and instead of deleting the account it still remains up and functional 8 years after her death. Because no one had her passwords we couldn't gain access and just delete them ourselves.

Now her FB has been set to In Memoriam when it should of been deleted.

Makes me wonder if perhaps Gabby stayed in Jackson in a motel on the 26th and Brian went to scope out a camp spot up at spread creek, then on the 27th he drove back down to Jackson, where he picked up Gabby and they went to lunch before heading back up to spread creek>>> Just speculating, but it would explain her absence on the 26th evening sighting of Brian, alone. jmo

I think her staying in a hotel is an interesting idea. Someone here the other day pointed out that she usually looks very fresh in her pictures with clean clothes and styled hair, plus she needed to use wifi for her social media. I think it's possible that they - or she - were staying in hotels more than it might seem. MOO

Yes to this!! It looks like regular menu pricing and the food on it sounds yummy and inline with vegan or vegatarian foods available. It's so baffling that they dined at the MP and walked out without paying. There is a piece of that story missing, maybe a large piece, or a small piece, but something just doesn't add up. jmo
There's a lot about that story that doesn't add up. The manager is making it sound like it was an oops but easily resolved and everyone left satisfied, the witness is claiming it was prolonged, started inside the restaurant before Gabby and Brian left and then continued with screaming, tears and aggression. I'm guessing the truth is in the middle of the two stories.

There's a lot about that story that doesn't add up. The manager is making it sound like it was an oops but easily resolved and everyone left satisfied, the witness is claiming it was prolonged, started inside the restaurant before Gabby and Brian left and then continued with screaming, tears and aggression. I'm guessing the truth is in the middle of the two stories.

The manager might NOT be allowed to discuss it without the threat of being fired, but I hope she told the full unedited story to the FBI.
It sucks when being honest could cost you your job, but most places of business won't allow employers to speak to the press, they prefer a PR agent speaks on their behalf.

The manager might NOT be allowed to discuss it without the threat of being fired, but I hope she told the full unedited story to the FBI.
It sucks when being honest could cost you your job, but most places of business won't allow employers to speak to the press, they prefer a PR agent speaks on their behalf.
Or there may be some pending issues. There may have been a complaint or a charge back made by either Gabby or Brian and due to that, the manager may be telling a story that coincides with the restaurant having done their job correctly.
MP had a review in August complaining of double charging a customer and refusing to correct the mistake.
Google Maps

I think her staying in a hotel is an interesting idea. Someone here the other day pointed out that she usually looks very fresh in her pictures with clean clothes and styled hair, plus she needed to use wifi for her social media. I think it's possible that they - or she - were staying in hotels more than it might seem. MOO
And we'll never see them, but it will show on credit or debit card charges. jmo Dates, amounts places, addresses. jmo

You've probably already discussed this before I started posting here, IDK, but.....

does anybody think, that as well as Brian ( during that period Sept 1 - 1oth) hoping her body wouldn't be found he also started hoping that a missing Gabby could be blamed on the same perp in the Kylen & Crystal case?
Vigil for the couple was held Aug 31st & then the double homicide started to get more publicity after that

I have no idea whether her account is what actually happened so this isn't a comment what she is saying at all.

But I do think that we need to start viewing a lot of what is displayed on YouTube, TikTok and Instagram (etc) as performative -- ie, actors telling a story. Even documentaries have a point of view and narrative to be delivered. Ditto, many social media influencer accounts.

I agree with your comments for sure. I expected to continue to be suspicious of her story when I started watching. This interview was conducted by a Chicago local TV reporter and I felt like she wasn't a reporter looking for the sensational angle to the story and her questions were non-leading and matter-of-fact. And I felt like the tiktokker's (don't remember her name - Nina?) answers were unembellished and she didn't speculate beyond what she'd already said (IMO). However, I was totally puzzled by her choice of wearing what looked like her boyfriend's dress-shirt and looking like she was in a bed for the interview.... o_O Anyway.... this is a piece of the story that we'll probably never get to the bottom of (unless the FBI have more information and make it public at some point).

Gabby may NOT be ok with Dine or Dash, but ever try to control the actions of another adult (bigger or stronger) than you before?
I'm about Gabby's height and weight and there's no way you can stop an adult man from stomping out with a credit card.
I have had former friends and one bf in the past Dine & Dash, it's extremely embarrassing. The one case of the bf dining and dashing he took me on a date offered to pay for a meal but REFUSED to pat. I ended up stuck with an expensive bill.
There's little you can do to control another person's actions.
I was so embarrassed every time I wanted to die but I refused to allow them to stiff the waitress.
This would be enough to start a HUGE fight, it did with me each time and ended up dumping each friend and bf, and it even got violent. So it could have been the last straw for her.

My niece went out with someone who thought he’d just park the car in an accessible space. People do shocking, crappy stuff and it can be very hard to assert yourself or get away from it without inviting further trouble (in Gabby’s case, the worst kind if danger.) But the accounts involve her either arguing a point of some sort with Brian or asking a manager for a refund so I’m not sure just how to view her personal strength in an embarrassing or awkward or volatile (or insert the correct word here because I don’t know what is is) situation. I wish we knew more because I don’t think this situation is disconnected from her murder.

ETA remove first draft of post

I'll second that. I believe when they say a skull fragment, they mean a skull with a large piece missing from a gunshot wound.

I agree, too. Early on, my theory (and just a theory!) was that he was anguished and distraught by what he had done and wanted to die in such a way that no trace of him remained -- that he went to the reserve with a gun and searched for a place like a pond where his body would be taken care of by alligators and other wildlife. (Again, MOO)

Last edited:
Re: “Dine & Dash” if the server takes too long with the check and you need to go…

A solution to this would be to carry cash if you are dining out and this happens frequently. This is especially difficult with a toddler or infant whenyou are waiting and waiting for the check and they are getting fussy. Estimate the tab with a tip and drop the money on the table, maybe under a plate if you’re worried about a customer coming by and grabbing it.

And if you have no cash, one person runs to an ATM while the other one waits. Unless of course, you're really trying to get away with not paying.

However, in no circumstances in which I've ever traveled has it been impossible to simply get up, card in hand and approach the cashier, any server or the manager. Just don't sit down until they process your payment. If there are two of you, both of you get up and track down an employee - with your card in hand. "We've been waiting a long time to pay, we need to be somewhere else...thanks."

I do wonder if they tried the old "chips and salsa" for free thing (in which case most restaurants have a minimum table charge printed somewhere on the menu...especially in place like Jackson.)

I agree, that tent looks very flimsy, more like a tent one would use in a backyard with the kids on a pretend camp out.

The very few times in my life camping, we had a solid canvas tent, very sturdy, as safe as a tent can be safe, practical. I'd never go camping if this was the tent to be used, it certainly doesn't appear to be practical for a long extended trip.

I just have this feeling it was a very unsatisfying trip on the whole. Taking pictures or video's is one thing, but on the practical side of it all, they were ill equipped to do any extended trip. No stove, no large cooler IMO, small van, no real protection in a flimsy tent, just a lot more negatives than positives. JMO

People who camp a lot don't use canvas tents anymore. The newer ones are lightweight, easy to carry, and have light framing that's a snap to set up. No stakes, no ropes. They are not great in pouring rain, but most come with a cover that you can put over them, or for others, people use a separate tarp. I've stayed on top of a mountain during a raging thunderstorm in one, and I still stayed pretty dry (though some rain did come in one of the seams).

With regard to their food set-up, they definitely had some way to cook, because there is footage of both of them cooking (screenshot from her July 22 instagram post).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 1.26.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 1.26.44 PM.png
    957.6 KB · Views: 69
Makes me wonder if perhaps Gabby stayed in Jackson in a motel on the 26th and Brian went to scope out a camp spot up at spread creek, then on the 27th he drove back down to Jackson, where he picked up Gabby and they went to lunch before heading back up to spread creek>>> Just speculating, but it would explain her absence on the 26th evening sighting of Brian, alone. jmo

I have always assumed the person camping at Spread Creek got the date of first sighting wrong. Just speculation but makes the most sense imho.

I agree, that tent looks very flimsy, more like a tent one would use in a backyard with the kids on a pretend camp out.

The very few times in my life camping, we had a solid canvas tent, very sturdy, as safe as a tent can be safe, practical. I'd never go camping if this was the tent to be used, it certainly doesn't appear to be practical for a long extended trip.

I just have this feeling it was a very unsatisfying trip on the whole. Taking pictures or video's is one thing, but on the practical side of it all, they were ill equipped to do any extended trip. No stove, no large cooler IMO, small van, no real protection in a flimsy tent, just a lot more negatives than positives. JMO

might be a "summer tent" and you are seeing the airy liner layer:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ub-20&linkId=13326669ff39ece046ebdc49810a01b6

not sure if they would have had a heavier one for later.... they were living in FL...
since they had the van, they could have had another tent-not backpacking, so weight would not have been the first concen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MsIris1127