GUILTY WY - Jesse Speer for kidnap, rape of 10yo girl, Cody, 8 Oct 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The woman filed a pretention Monday with the Gallatin County District Court, asking for 100% custody of her and Jesse Speer's children. She also asked that if Speer is allowed to have visitation that it be supervised by Child Protective Services or police.

http://www.kaj18.com/news/wy-abduction-suspect-s-ex-wife-asking-for-sole-custody-of-kids/

Believe that should be petition ("pretention").

In the event that he does not make bail after upcoming charges are added, I am hoping that children are not going to be visiting father where he will be held until trial verdict.

I have a freaktastic memory for faces. I really wish I could figure out a job that would let me just try to identify faces because I can spot similarities in a sea of drawings/mugs with no effort at all.

Edited to add: on the flipside of that I'm horrible with names and forget them before the person even finishes telling me! lol

Want to come down into the Unidentified forum and help us try to find matches among missing people?

Wow, that is creepy! I thought it was an alternative sketch of JS. The oval glasses rather than the rectangular ones is the most obvious difference. I wonder if JS wore oval frames in 2010 and if he buzzed his hair in late summer/early fall 2010.

I think he had some photos from southern Colorado in the late summer of 2010. Not a real long drive to Missouri from there. It sure does look like him.

He couldn't have gone via Red Lodge; the Beartooth Highway is already closed for the season.

Good point, this happened on 10/8, the Beartooth closed for the season on 10/3. But Sunlight Basin -> Cooke City -> Gardiner -> Livingston may have been an option with quite a bit fewer people than the middle of the park.

I grew up near Bozeman -- and if I was leaving Cody, I'd go through the park. I don't know why, I just would. Possibly thinking there would be fewer people to see me at this time of year. Maybe because it's such a beautiful place.

I think you're right about autumn. I think another reason he might have driven through is just to say goodbye.

I have a hard time trying to "think like a fugitive" and there are advantages and disadvantages to being in crowds - more people can see you, but you can blend in more, but I'd head north, I think. Perhaps it's because I grew up in Billings.

I think he went for the familiar, which is human nature, after all.

I have a freaktastic memory for faces. I really wish I could figure out a job that would let me just try to identify faces because I can spot similarities in a sea of drawings/mugs with no effort at all.

Edited to add: on the flipside of that I'm horrible with names and forget them before the person even finishes telling me! lol

That is amazing you found that pic from2010!:you should try your skill in the UID forum!!

That link says her blog has been deleted?

But here is statement on Speer ... http://maleesha.wordpress.com/2012/10/15/jesse-speer/

http://maleesha.wordpress.com/ test:

maleesha.wordpress.com is no longer available.

"Knox I still have it.. What do you need"?

'Many times silence speaks much louder than words ever could'. Most, if not all of the Speer related forums/blogs have been disabled. This is very curious for an accused sexual predator that has been ruled out in other child abduction cases, imo.. Guess the question would be; who & why?
To understand/interpret the artist, you must view their artwork...

"Silence is the sexual child predator's most lethal weapon"..

Good point, this happened on 10/8, the Beartooth closed for the season on 10/3. But Sunlight Basin -> Cooke City -> Gardiner -> Livingston may have been an option with quite a bit fewer people than the middle of the park.

Yellowstone road map: http://www.nps.gov/yell/planyourvisit/roadclosures.htm#map

The road around Tower is closed, I think for the bighorn rutting season and grizzly danger. It looks like his only two options would be to go through Canyon > Norris > Mammoth > Gardiner > Livingston

or Lake > Old Faithful > West Yellowstone > and north on 191

If he went down through Gardiner, he'd probably go back the same way, maybe?

I have a hard time trying to "think like a fugitive" and there are advantages and disadvantages to being in crowds - more people can see you, but you can blend in more, but I'd head north, I think. Perhaps it's because I grew up in Billings.

I think he went for the familiar, which is human nature, after all.

Indeed.

Based on his photos, he'd probably think the route through the mountains was more "familiar," but that's just a guess.

Another glitch with either going out the highway from Cody to the Sunlight Basin or through Belfry is that either way, you'd have to drive directly in front of the Police Department. Belfry Highway is also fairly busy with Troopers. Not sure when he drove in this direction, but Friday night/early Saturday morning before it happened, that area had a pretty nice little snowstorm (I know because we were unfortunately caught out in it through there). He may not have been sure of the road conditions and looking to avoid anything that slowed him down.

Cooke City - Gardiner (the Lamar Valley and Little America area) is one of the busiest parts of Yellowstone right now because of the elk rut and wolf activity. There are almost always Park rangers in that area.

"Knox I still have it.. What do you need"?

Thank you Foxfire, I don't need anything. Matter of fact, I'd kind of like these links to her to quietly fall off the page.

I feel like she and her children are victims. They did not ask for this notoriety, nor do they desire to have their lives displayed for the public.
icon9.gif

I would expect they are probably awaiting confirming DNA results taken from him after his arrest.

When serial killer Gary Hilton, was arrested on 01/04/2008(GA) for the abduction/dismemberment/murder of Meredith Hope Emerson. GA had an antiquated DNA law on the books that prevented sharing his DNA with other GA & other Law Enforcement Agencies until conviction. Imo, Wyoming may have this same antiquated DNA law on the books. It could take months or years to convict Jesse Speer, if this is the case.

This GA DNA law and body location was the primary reasons that the death penalty was taken off the table and a plea agreement for LWOP was offered to Gary Hilton.

GA legislators passed an updated DNA law weeks later; The Meredith Emerson DNA Law..

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-60308.html

Bill Proposed Spurred by Case of Meredith Emerson

Same here- while reading her blog, I loved her writing & felt a real affinity to many subjects (I grew up near Camp Lejeune & have lived in Colorado Springs & outside DC), but I would do the same thing- pull the blog, close up communications, & circle the wagons. It's going to be hell for her & the children, & they need to protect themselves....

Yep, hopefully her own community will circle their wagons and be protective of them. Just as Cody, WY did for his victim.

The woman filed a pretention Monday with the Gallatin County District Court, asking for 100% custody of her and Jesse Speer's children. She also asked that if Speer is allowed to have visitation that it be supervised by Child Protective Services or police.

http://www.kaj18.com/news/wy-abduction-suspect-s-ex-wife-asking-for-sole-custody-of-kids/

Believe that should be petition ("pretention").

In the event that he does not make bail after upcoming charges are added, I am hoping that children are not going to be visiting father where he will be held until trial verdict.

Don't get your hopes too high.

8 year old Alexus Smothers was found dead in her crawlspace after being reported missing by her mother.
She was beaten and drowned... her sibling(s) witnessed her murder.

Those same siblings are court order forced to visit their mother in jail while she awaits trial.
Seriously. Every other week.
The goal is to "reunite the child with the mother within 12 months" but she has been unable to make progress due to her incarceration.

Not much has made me more angry than that.
Kill your own kid, or at the very least cover up their death... get the other kids back anyway?
D@mn good thing Caylee didn't have any siblings. :what:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145074&page=4&highlight=alexus

This guy didn't even hurt his own kids that we know of and didn't kill a kid we know of.
I wouldn't be at all surprised if he got visitation IF he even asks for it.
If he doesn't fight for his kids, that will be different. But they may not deny him if he requests visitation. :twocents:

Not sure if this article has been posted or not. If so , sorry for the repeat.

She told the AP there were just too many things in the police report that point back to her ex-husband, including the police sketch of the suspect, a photo of the vehicle, and description of his eyeglasses. Then there was the detail that the suspect's car had bottled water strapped to his roof.
"He's the only person in the universe who drives around with a 24-pack of bottled water" strapped to the car, she said.

http://news.yahoo.com/wyo-abduction-suspects-ex-wife-proud-victim-225420315.html

Another glitch with either going out the highway from Cody to the Sunlight Basin or through Belfry is that either way, you'd have to drive directly in front of the Police Department. Belfry Highway is also fairly busy with Troopers. Not sure when he drove in this direction, but Friday night/early Saturday morning before it happened, that area had a pretty nice little snowstorm (I know because we were unfortunately caught out in it through there). He may not have been sure of the road conditions and looking to avoid anything that slowed him down.

Cooke City - Gardiner (the Lamar Valley and Little America area) is one of the busiest parts of Yellowstone right now because of the elk rut and wolf activity. There are almost always Park rangers in that area.

I'm trying to figure out how he got into the park without being on camera since it was the North (Gardiner) entrance that had footage. He's have had to have gone in through the East (Cody) or Northeast (Cooke City), wouldn't he? So there should be footage somewhere.

Details that don't matter in the end, I suppose. What matters is the victim is at home and he's in jail.

Investigators review surveillance video from the Albertson's store located in Cody. The video recorded shows the suspect's vehicle and a person walking to and from the vehicle. The male suspect in the video is wearing a blue or black jacket, with a light colored shirt, a tan baseball hat, and eye glasses with dark frames.

http://www.kxlf.com/news/timeline-jesse-speer-case/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PixelP
Back