GUILTY WY - Jesse Speer for kidnap, rape of 10yo girl, Cody, 8 Oct 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The abducted girl tells the man that he can turn around because it did not look like they were going to find the dog. The man parks the car and pulls a bundle of rope from the back seat area and ties the girl's hands behind her back. The man instructs her to put her head down. She says no. The man then hits her on the back of her head with part of the gun.
Wow. What an amazing girl. xoxoxo Brave one xoxoxo

http://www.kxlf.com/news/timeline-jesse-speer-case/

I am hoping that somehow, reliving all of this now will in some way help her healing in the future, i.e. unlike many young victims who feel forced to keep such assaults secret, and live with it in guilt, shame, etc.

My daughter is just a little older than this victim, & I don't even want to think about what she would have to deal with, if she met up w/ this kind of predator. It's every parents' worst nightmare, something that you can't protect your children from, no matter how much you try- there is always going to be the moment that they are away from you & unprotected...

I'm trying to figure out how he got into the park without being on camera since it was the North (Gardiner) entrance that had footage. He's have had to have gone in through the East (Cody) or Northeast (Cooke City), wouldn't he? So there should be footage somewhere.

Details that don't matter in the end, I suppose. What matters is the victim is at home and he's in jail.

He went through the park to get to Cody but nothing has come out to indicate that he actually went through the park to go back home. He did not take the victim to the national park.

My daughter is just a little older than this victim, & I don't even want to think about what she would have to deal with, if she met up w/ this kind of predator. It's every parents' worst nightmare, something that you can't protect your children from, no matter how much you try- there is always going to be the moment that they are away from you & unprotected...

I hope I can post this here, I have no idea if it has been posted somewhere else in the site. I came across this video and it really showed me that I don't know what I would do as a grown woman if someone kidnapped me. We all need to take steps to educate ourselves and our children about what to do, what loopholes to exploit, how to notice windows of opportunity, everything.

http://www.itstactical.com/skillcom/lock-picking/how-to-escape-from-zip-ties/

The scary thing is, I'll bet if you asked his family & friends a few days ago, they wouldn't have thought him to be capable of this, it just reminds us of how seemingly normal people can tip over the edge, & how hard it is to perceive danger....

He went through the park to get to Cody but nothing has come out to indicate that he actually went through the park to go back home. He did not take the victim to the national park.

Right, but if he was on cam after the crime leaving out the North gate, he had to have gone back in somehow, after he released her.

I thought I read on the ex-wife's blog yesterday that she already had full custody of her children. Now she's asking for full custody. Confused. Maybe it wasn't official and he let her have the kids full time. I'm happy she is moving forward with that action, regardless.

I think she has had full (i.e., not joint) custody for some time, but that he has had visitation rights even though she has full custody. I think that now he has no visitation rights. JMO.

I believe I read he was born in Kansas City.

Did anyone save his bio page where he talked about growing up in KC before it was scrubbed? I'd love to see it if anyone copied it. Thank you

Did anyone save his bio page where he talked about growing up in KC before it was scrubbed? I'd love to see it if anyone copied it. Thank you

His ex-wife also mentioned (blog) he grew up in Kansas City. He and his family have also lived in Olathe, KS, and Colorado Springs.

I read M's blog on Monday before it was gone. I thought it was incredibly thoughtful considering the circumstances, especially acknowledging the victim. Then when she mentioned her kids love their dad, and they didn't know where he was and couldn't talk to him (sorry don't remember the exact wording), that made me very sad. I just don't get the vibe she knew of the child *advertiser censored* angle. I think she would have acted on that and reported it to LE. They had been divorced and apart for long enough I can't imagine her keeping that a secret. Jmho.

To the person who mentioned the crime seemed disorganized (Vega I think!), I had mentioned that awhile back also. I called it amateurish. If he was an experienced killer/rapist he was not showing it (thankfully) in this instance. I'm more inclined to think he finally lost it and acted on a fantasy. I do not see him for JR's murder. But I completely agree w/ everyone that thinks he needs to be looked at for other crimes. Would be stupid not to.

I don't have that but it's in MSM:
Speer grew up in Kansas and went to college at the University of Kansas. He loved going on family vacations to the West as a child, and Colorado was his favorite destination, Kovnesky said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/16/maleesha-kovnesky-jesse-speer_n_1971579.html

Right, but if he was on cam after the crime leaving out the North gate, he had to have gone back in somehow, after he released her.

I'm not reading he left out the north gate, I am reading he entered the north gate on Oct. 7th at 4pm. Not sure if I missed something. He's shown leaving the N.E. gate at 5:30.

October 7

At approximately 4 p.m. a white Toyota 4Runner with Montana plates with a Thule cargo box enters the north entrance of Yellowstone National Park. Surveillance video show a white male wearing eye glasses, a tan hat, and a blue or black jacket driving the SUV.

At approximately 5:30 p.m. surveillance video shows a white Toyota 4Runner leaving the northeast gate of Yellowstone National Park.

http://www.kxlf.com/news/timeline-jesse-speer-case/

Jesse Speer's X-spouse grew up in a mining town.. Coincidence, nimo?
The Cody Wyoming 11 year old victim revealed that Jesse Speer showed her a stack of nude photos of young girls.
The carrier off of Speers's SUV was located by a worker in the vicinity of the assault site.
Imo, the innocent victim was very fortunate that the hunters were in the area, and more than likely spooked child predator Jesse Speer, due to the probable noise associated with her resistance and courageous fight. Possibly sparing her life, imo.

Child predators are very recidivist, and due to this innocent victim's heroic act, many future victims have been saved from her tragic fate, or worse....

Cody girl’s plight touches her new pilot friends

RE: On Monday, Oct. 8, the two men decided to go elk hunting off the end of the access road on Carter Mountain.
With them were Larsen’s son Colby, 15, and Laske’s son CJ, 12.
Following an afternoon hunt, during which the party saw only a grizzly bear, they hiked back to Larsen’s pickup.
Alone in the cold
The initial stretch of the road back out was steep and muddy, so they put tire chains on, finishing that chore just as it got dark.
As they drove out, they realized they were the last ones coming off the mountain that night.
Still about three miles back from the highway, they came across the girl, walking alongside the road, alone in the frigid dark.

http://www.codyenterprise.com/article_eab80e10-14be-11e2-84f2-001a4bcf887a.html
http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=W...-j1kuuOQQ&oq=+Colorado+Springs&mra=ls&t=m&z=6

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...e-was-approached-by-stranger-at-memorial-park

I think I have a few pages of Speers' websites before they were deleted. Can someone explain to me how I can take a screenshot?

Off the top of my head from here in bed:

Take a pic of the screen w/ your 'print screen' function. Go into 'paint' or a program where you can save images. Paste it into a new document. Name it and save it!

Google 'how to do a screenshot'. Also very helpful!

As I am reading this chilling story, I am reminded of Elizabeth Smart and Shawn Hornbeck. So very thankful for all who have come safely home. What a fortunate ending for this little girl, bless her.

For all the other missing little angels, we must remain vigilant in our collective efforts to bring them home.

We need a worldwide think tank to brainstorm ways to prevent these crimes from happening. Is there a way?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agirlnamedbob
Back