GUILTY WY - Jesse Speer for kidnap, rape of 10yo girl, Cody, 8 Oct 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A Montana man suspected of abducting and assaulting an 11-year-old Cody girl faces an initial court appearance Friday in Cody.

Circuit Court Judge Bruce Waters of Cody will advise Speer of the charges against him at Friday’s hearing and set bond.
link

Jesse Paul Speer, 39, will appear at 10:30 a.m. Friday before Park County District Court Judge Bruce Waters. Waters said he will not allow any cameras in the courtroom.
link

Abduction suspect held on $2 million

If he were to post the cash amount, Speer would be subject to a slew of bond conditions. They include constantly wearing a GPS monitor, daily check-ins with law enforcement, having no weapons and not having any contact with minors unless supervised by an adult. Skoric had asked for one condition he acknowledged “sounds like something of a strange request” by asking that Speer be barred from driving. “Certainly one of the instruments or tools used in this offense was the vehicle itself,” Skoric said. Waters rejected that condition.

However, it appears highly unlikely that Speer will be able to raise that sum of cash and be released.
In his filing for a court-appointed attorney, the self-employed Speer described himself as having considerably more debts than assets and said he believed his friends and family could only come up with $1,000 to bail him out. Speer also said in the application that he owns a firearm or firearms that he values at about $300.

Steward said in a Friday interview with the Tribune that Speer will have to be kept in isolation at the jail.
“Any time you have allegations of this nature, you’re going to have locals or other people in there that take offense to it and are going to want to retaliate or do something against the subject,” he said.

Cody Police Chief Perry Rockvam said at a Oct. 15 press conference that more charges are expected against Speer, but there is no public record of that having been done.
Although the preliminary hearing for Speer on the charges of kidnapping, aggravated assault and use of a firearm is set for Friday at 1:30 p.m., it’s common for those hearings to be pushed back.

At least this monster didnt kill her.

And its a shame the bears didnt eat him!

Wonder if JS was ever in Missouri?

http://www.examiner.com/article/attempted-abduction-by-gunpoint-springfield-missouri

"On September 24, 2010, a young lady in her 20s was almost abducted by gunpoint on the Ozark Greenway trail in the Battlefield and West Bypass area...."

001793a4dd5d744523092e3d1ef31ae4.JPG

Wow, that is creepy! I thought it was an alternative sketch of JS. The oval glasses rather than the rectangular ones is the most obvious difference. I wonder if JS wore oval frames in 2010 and if he buzzed his hair in late summer/early fall 2010.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokalu View Post
I'm from this area, and remember this attack. This is pretty freaky. Springfield is the third largest city in Missouri, so if you're from KC/Olathe, chances are you've been to Southwest Missouri. Something to think about.

ETA: Should someone contact the Springfield Sheriffs Department about this similarity? Our LE here is always grateful for tips, I'd be happy to call it in.
I think they'd likely appreciate it; the description seems to fit pretty well. That attacker also tried to use a gun to get her to cooperate:

Quote:
Sara Forhetz of KY3 reported “She’s in her 20s and was jogging on her own when a man ran up to her from the brush, grabbed her around the neck, and even showed her a handgun.”

(snipped)

The suspect is believed to be white, 25 to 35 years of age, around 200 to 225 pounds, close to 6 feet tall with a heavy build. Anyone with information about the attack or the composite sketch can contact the Sheriff’s Department at (417) 829-6404.
ETA: The cousin his age mentioned in his blog who died (David Speer, Jr.) lived in Olathe, KS, at the time of his death. I believe other family members were there, or in Kansas City.

**OH! Please mention THIS when contacting them--his cousin died Sept. 26, 2010--he was likely in the area if that death was due to illness!

ETA again: I went ahead and called as well. Seemed too connected to wait.

OK, this is freaky...I actually came across this composite a few weeks ago, back when Jessica first went missing:

4e1f50b67bf3b.preview-300.jpg

I was doing an image search for the Ketner Lake attempted abduction (later tied to Austin Sigg) and for some odd reason, it came up. Here is the article this is from:

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_be98482a-ada6-11e0-aa0f-0019bb30f31a.html

This was a separate incident than the one y'all are talking about, but another attempted abduction on a jogging trail, using a handgun, also in Missouri-just outside St. Louis, and happened in 2011. And read the description of the perp:

A description police released says the suspect was in his late 20s to early 30s, 5-feet-8 inches to 5-feet-10 inches tall and weighed 180 pounds. He had a medium to heavy build, short, reddish hair that was curly or wavy and an unkempt beard or goatee with a mustache. He had green eyes and square-framed glasses.

It's so weird that I randomly ran across that picture, and brushed it aside, all but forgot about it until I saw Jesse Speer...and I immediately rememered that composite, thinking he looked eerily similar. But by then, I couldn't find the page, couldn't remember many details and thought a connection was unlikely. Now that I have learned about this other incident, and learned that Speer has a MO connection, I went back and found that article. Not only does the description fit him to a "T" (right down to the reddish hair and square rimmed glasses), the MO is identical. WOW.

Do you guys think it's worth calling in a tip??

Police also seized Speer’s laptop, DVDs, CDs, memory cards, external hard drives and a camera in search of images of child *advertiser censored* or the girl. The girl had told police she’d seen photos of naked young girls in the vehicle and, according to Pallach’s affidavit, had reported hearing a noise that sounded like a clicking camera while a bag was over her head.
Speer also allegedly told investigators he had a *advertiser censored* addiction — a statement Pallach said a family member also told the FBI — and had previously viewed child *advertiser censored*.
http://www.powelltribune.com/news/item/10298-police-abduction-suspect-made-confession

Checking in to make sure JS' preliminary hearing is still scheduled for Monday 11/19.

Hoping his confession will be admissible and he will enter a guilty plea, not only to this brutal crime but others he's committed and documented.

The victim's name is still here on the earliest pages of this thread, just an FYI.

Abduction suspect waives hearing
Monday, November 19, 2012 2:30 pm

Snip:
"A Montana man accused of kidnapping an 11-year-old Cody girl has waived his preliminary hearing.

Jesse Speer, 40, was scheduled to appear in circuit court Monday, but Park County Attorney Bryan Skoric says the waiver will send the case directly to district court."

Abduction suspect waives hearing
Monday, November 19, 2012 2:30 pm

Snip:
"A Montana man accused of kidnapping an 11-year-old Cody girl has waived his preliminary hearing.

Jesse Speer, 40, was scheduled to appear in circuit court Monday, but Park County Attorney Bryan Skoric says the waiver will send the case directly to district court."

Here's the missing link for this quote:

Link

Taking this to trial will further alienate him from his family IMO. ALL of the sick and dirty details WILL COME OUT and disgust everyone he loves even more than they already are. Bad decision, Speer. JMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alternative_hat_9417
Back