Found Deceased WY - Joseph 'Joey' Peterson, 16, autistic, Casper, 10 Nov 2019 *winter storm*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sheriff's Office: Family asks for volunteers to help search for missing boy - Casper, WY Oil City News

The sheriff’s office said the search area has expanded as the search continued and “to date we have investigated every lead that has been reported,”

Over 200 square miles have been searched by foot, aircraft, drone, ATV, horseback and K-9 teams, according to the sheriff’s office.

During the initial moments of the search, Joey’s direction of travel away from his residence was located and confirmed through physical evidence, witness statements and multiple K-9 tracks,” said Courtney.

“We do know absolutely his direction leaving the house, and we do know for a fact that he did not go towards Hat Six Road looking for a ride,” said Courtney.

Sheriff's Office: Family asks for volunteers to help search for missing boy - Casper, WY Oil City News

The sheriff’s office said the search area has expanded as the search continued and “to date we have investigated every lead that has been reported,”

Over 200 square miles have been searched by foot, aircraft, drone, ATV, horseback and K-9 teams, according to the sheriff’s office.

During the initial moments of the search, Joey’s direction of travel away from his residence was located and confirmed through physical evidence, witness statements and multiple K-9 tracks,” said Courtney.

“We do know absolutely his direction leaving the house, and we do know for a fact that he did not go towards Hat Six Road looking for a ride,” said Courtney.
How does someone just disappear? Has the weather been so bad that any trace of Joey’s scent & tracks poof went away into thin air? I really really hate to say this but has anyone thought that there may be a tiny chance that he may have been involved or rather came

How does someone just disappear? Has the weather been so bad that any trace of Joey’s scent & tracks poof went away into thin air? I really really hate to say this but has anyone thought that there may be a tiny chance that he may have been involved or rather came

No, the weather has not been especially bad at all, considering the time of year. A bit of snow last week but it’s 55 F right now. The weather will be changing though this upcoming week so hopefully the searches will be fruitful before it starts snowing again!

NCSO releases details on day 6 of Peterson search - Casper, WY Oil City News

The focus of today; November 16, 2019; is
*the use of an additional four new K-9 teams.

*The Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (drones) are back and were flown all morning prior to the weather front.
*Combinations of mounted search personnel, Natrona County Sheriff’s Office deputies and Natrona County Search and Rescue (SAR) technicians to search technically difficult terrain are being used. *We continue to expand the search area. To date, 240 square miles have been searched.”

NCSO releases details on day 6 of Peterson search - Casper, WY Oil City News

The following resources are listed as being utilized on Saturday, Nov. 16, 2019:
  • 151 volunteers used on November 15, 2019
  • 40 volunteers used on November 16, 2019
  • 4 new search dog teams.
  • Natrona County Search and Rescue, which is a volunteer organization trained by the Natrona County
  • Sheriff’s Office
  • Natrona County Emergency Management
  • Natrona County Sheriff’s Office
  • Bureau of Land Management Resources
  • Federal Bureau of Investigation Resources
  • Casper Police Department Resources
  • Wyoming Game and Fish Personnel and Resources
  • Organized mounted searchers
  • Wyoming State Trackers personnel
There is also a video of press conference at the end of this article.

What made him leave the house and walk away in his pajamas? Was he going outside for a purpose, like to check the mail or something?
would be good to know more about his behavior/level of functioning eg is he known to wander? would he not see any issue with leaving in his pajamas? would he hide and avoid rescuers if scared? or is he independent and able to make good decisions for his self-protection? i know hes described as having high functioning autism (but not self-sufficient) but autism is such a spectrum i dont want to assume what he is capable of.

This poor kid! I was hoping he would be found by now. Where could he be?

Has he gone for walks by himself in the past in that area? Does he have any friends that he might have tried to meet up with?

This poor kid! I was hoping he would be found by now. Where could he be?

Has he gone for walks by himself in the past in that area? Does he have any friends that he might have tried to meet up with?
As a HF autistic person, I’m guessing no. No, he was not meeting up with any friends. MOO. JMHO.
I’m not speaking on behalf any other ASDer persons other than myself but for me it is hard to have friends. Very! It is hard to retain/maintain friendships. I’m a high functioning “Aspie” & come across relatively *normal* bc I mask & hide who I really am, as to not scare off potential new friends & others. And yet here so am after 40-something years of life, trying desperately to fit into a neurotypical world, still struggling with friendships (among other things).

Echoing Unapologetically here, I'm 29 and still have a hard time with friendships and meeting people. It was somewhat easier as a child, though, became harder in my teens (hi depression!) and ever since it's like I've forgotten how it works. But I never had many friends, usually 1 or 2 at a time. I don't know if Joey made a new friend recently that he didn't talk about, but it would be less likely than with a neurotypical kid, I think.

Aspergers shouldn't impede your ability to know that this is really dangerous weather to go out in. I hope he left with a plan and that he's somewhere warm and safe, but to not give a sign of life for a week?

As a HF autistic person, I’m guessing no. No, he was not meeting up with any friends. MOO. JMHO.
I’m not speaking on behalf any other ASDer persons other than myself but for me it is hard to have friends. Very! It is hard to retain/maintain friendships. I’m a high functioning “Aspie” & come across relatively *normal* bc I mask & hide who I really am, as to not scare off potential new friends & others. And yet here so am after 40-something years of life, trying desperately to fit into a neurotypical world, still struggling with friendships (among other things).

Echoing Unapologetically here, I'm 29 and still have a hard time with friendships and meeting people. It was somewhat easier as a child, though, became harder in my teens (hi depression!) and ever since it's like I've forgotten how it works. But I never had many friends, usually 1 or 2 at a time. I don't know if Joey made a new friend recently that he didn't talk about, but it would be less likely than with a neurotypical kid, I think.

Aspergers shouldn't impede your ability to know that this is really dangerous weather to go out in. I hope he left with a plan and that he's somewhere warm and safe, but to not give a sign of life for a week?

My youngest two, who were teens, befriended a young man with Aspergers. My daughter dated him for awhile as well. While they have all graduated, they have remained friends.

One thing that I told my kids when they hung around with this wonderful young man, was to watch out for him and make sure that some of the meaner kids don't influence him in a negative way. There were several that did this to him, teaching him inappropriate things to be "funny", but it wasn't so funny when he said it in front of adults. We were patient with him and repeated things over and over again for him to finally grasp what was appropriate and what wasn't. He is such a great kid, always has been. He tried to fit in, he just wanted friends like everyone else. I know my kids friendship means the world to him, high school is hard enough for anyone, and he was no exception. He is also an amazing athlete- he broke many records at our high school in Cross Country and Spring Track.

My son is also close friends with a wonderful young man who has Aspergers. We love him and you would never know that he has Aspergers. Amazing young man, served in the Air Force, has a great job, and a small close group of friends that my son has been a part of since high school.

I'm so sorry you both have struggled with Aspergers, but just know you are amazing and can do anything you set your mind to. Hang in there.

It's hard to say. I know of several kids with Aspergers that had friends to hang out with- some of those friends, of course, were not good friends and I wouldn't let my kids hang around with them.

This is what made me think that maybe someone he thought was a friend asked him to go somewhere and meet them. He might have been thinking he was just going out for a little bit of harmless fun, but someone may have had evil intentions. As we all know from this website alone, no one is really safe anywhere- Aspergers or not. It's just harder for some folks with Aspergers, as they don't seem to develop that intuition until their adult years, that something might not be safe or a good idea to do.

I hope they’re investigating his online and phone data.. it’s possible? That he made a “best friend” online... my partner has Aspbergers and connects really well emotionally with others online in games and forums, in ways she cant easily in person so that’s where my head is going (since they did such extensive ground searches!)

Tracks of missing juvenile located, guiding search efforts - Casper, WY Oil City News

A search team located tracks that matched Peterson’s foot impressions on Saturday, Nov. 16.

“The track is known to be Joey’s because the foot impressions are the same as confirmed to be Joey’s when he left his residence on November 10, 2019,” the Natrona County Sheriff’s Office said in a Monday update.

“The track was located multiple miles away from the Peterson residence.”

That track provided a general direction of travel through very steep mountainous terrain, and a comprehensive search of that area is ongoing.

The footprints, based upon information provided by human tracking experts, is believed to be multiple days old.”

Tracks of missing juvenile located, guiding search efforts - Casper, WY Oil City News

The focus of today (November 18, 2019) is the use of multiple K-9 teams, human tracking experts with Wyoming State Trackers, Natrona County Search and Rescue personnel, mounted search teams, and drones that are being provided by Drone Kings,” NCSO said. “The focus is on the area of the most current track and where that track leads.”

• 2 new search dog teams being utilized now with 2 more possibly on the way

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back