WY WY - Nash Quinn, 39, Laramie, 8 Jul 2024 *visiting professor at the University of Wyoming, avid bicyclist*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
JUL 25, 2024
Quinn’s family started a [fundraiser] to help fund search efforts, according to a Tuesday afternoon news release. In just a few hours, the fundraiser has brought in nearly 300 donations totaling more than $16,000.

Both Quinn and his bike are missing, which has the family concerned he could be hurt.

“The search areas in and around Laramie Wyoming are very vast, encompassing approximately 70,000 acres,” Tess Quinn, Nash’s sister, wrote on [fundraiser]. “The cost associated with this massive search is overwhelming.”

There's a big bike race tomorrow on many of the trails that the volunteers are currently searching. The racers will all be advised of the situation in case they see anything. I don't know the number of racers, but think it's in the hundreds. I also don't know how this will affect the searchers tomorrow. The trails are still open to the public during the race.

Ugh! This is exactly why we need to 1) tell people where we are biking, hiking, running, walking. At the very least, tell someone you’re starting point so people know where to look for you. 2) Bring your phone with you! None of the excuses that I hear are valid. If you don’t want to carry it, then secure it somewhere on your body or on your bike. If you want to escape from the world, then fine. Use your self-control to not look at your phone, but bring it with you.
There are sports/smart watches with a SIM card and WiFi, if he has one of those, he wouldn't need to take a phone too, as the watch works as a phone. And with a watch, there's less risk to drop it.
NQ is not married, and is described as 'independent', so there was perhaps not someone he wanted to tell where he was going, but it would have been a good idea to leave a note at home where he planned to go.

At the same time, if I wanted to be a bad guy, what better way than to hide his bike too and make it look like he went out for a ride to not return? Throws off the whole situation. Moo

I can’t get past the phone and wallet at home. Is that standard practice for bikers, or for home

At the same time, if I wanted to be a bad guy, what better way than to hide his bike too and make it look like he went out for a ride to not return? Throws off the whole situation. Moo

I can’t get past the phone and wallet at home. Is that standard practice for bikers, or for home
I always take a phone when biking though i don't do any long treks or mountainous terrain. I have an old fashioned "flip phone" (new but that style) which is heavy but extremely durable in event of a spill on the bike and it has text and some apps capability. With it I don't carry a wallet but I have a sturdy laminated ID card I made with emergency contact info, my blood type, and name of my health insurance provider and policy ID No that goes in my fanny pack or sports chest pack.

AUG 1, 2024
[...]

"The case remains open until we get any other new information or some other reason to close it," he said. "But, we don't have any information to pinpoint a search area."

[...]

Quinn was not officially reported missing by a friend until July 21, said Ryan Thompson, community services lieutenant for the LPD. He was last physically seen by family during an online chat July 8, which is the date he was reported last seen.

Quinn’s close friend, Jon Cicarelli, had been out of town for work the week that Quinn disappeared. When he returned home July 21, he sent his buddy a text that went unanswered.

[...]

Quinn’s car, wallet and cellphone were left in his Laramie apartment, which is not unusual, his friends say, because he’s a minimalist and likes to travel light. On short rides, he’ll even go riding with no water, Cicarelli said.

[...]

He’s optimistic that the police will be able to access contents on Quinn’s Android cellphone and computer, which are in their possession, though so far they haven’t been able to get in.

[...]

AUG 1, 2024
[...]

"The case remains open until we get any other new information or some other reason to close it," he said. "But, we don't have any information to pinpoint a search area."

[...]

Quinn was not officially reported missing by a friend until July 21, said Ryan Thompson, community services lieutenant for the LPD. He was last physically seen by family during an online chat July 8, which is the date he was reported last seen.

Quinn’s close friend, Jon Cicarelli, had been out of town for work the week that Quinn disappeared. When he returned home July 21, he sent his buddy a text that went unanswered.

[...]

Quinn’s car, wallet and cellphone were left in his Laramie apartment, which is not unusual, his friends say, because he’s a minimalist and likes to travel light. On short rides, he’ll even go riding with no water, Cicarelli said.

[...]

He’s optimistic that the police will be able to access contents on Quinn’s Android cellphone and computer, which are in their possession, though so far they haven’t been able to get in.

[...]
Jera Lodge, who identified herself on Facebook as Quinn’s former girlfriend of nine years, wrote in a post that the turnout to find Quinn was “so huge.”

Lodge said in the post that she and Quinn’s mother and sister have returned home “to grieve and process” his disappearance, while many other local friends and volunteer searchers remain on site to continue looking for Quinn and his bike.

From your link. The ex girlfriend's instagram is easily found. She gives insight into Nash's disappearance.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back