GUILTY Yoselyn Ortega charged with 2 counts ea-1st and 2nd Degree Murder of Krim Children

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
YO might have thought the Krims didn't think enough of her, but it seems the NY justice system finds her to be very special. :laugh:

I'm pretty sure YO knows she is done for. She might try to fight it by pleading not guilty, but I don't think it will do her a bit of good. I don't know if she would get a lighter sentence if she pleaded guilty….not if I was the judge.

One of the most damning indicators of premediation in this slaughter is that YO brought those children back to the apartment. She was NOT where she was supposed to be. She was NOT at Dance Class or waiting for Marina in a public place where the children might have been saved from her "mental break. " No, instead, she marched them home where she had them alone and defenseless...and where she knew that her "surprise" that would forever torment Marina would not be "spoiled" by others seeing it first.

I question why the immigration consequences are attached to this indictment. Did anyone else notice that?

Yes, I noticed that too. Sorry if this has already been answered, but what is her immigration status?

Yes, I noticed that too. Sorry if this has already been answered, but what is her immigration status?

It was reported YO became a naturalized citizen approx 10 years ago. From what I can remember that info came from her family, not an official in the government.

Here is the site stating how to become a US citizen .

http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/M-476.pdf

YO's ex- husband said they divorced in 2001. We're they living in the DR at that time? The DR court is the one who demanded that YO's husband pay child support. Supposedly he lives in Long Island now and drives a taxi.

I don't think there is anyway possible for YO to have been a US citizen for the last 10 yrs. if you read the link, the requirements involve living in the US as a permanent resident for 5 years before applying for citizenship. Page 18 on the link above.

It was reported YO became a naturalized citizen approx 10 years ago. From what I can remember that info came from her family, not an official in the government.

Here is the site stating how to become a US citizen .

http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/M-476.pdf

YO's ex- husband said they divorced in 2001. We're they living in the DR at that time? The DR court is the one who demanded that YO's husband pay child support. Supposedly he lives in Long Island now and drives a taxi.

I don't think there is anyway possible for YO to have been a US citizen for the last 10 yrs. if you read the link, the requirements involve living in the US as a permanent resident for 5 years before applying for citizenship. Page 18 on the link above.

What I read is that she returned to DR shortly after the divorce, and then moved back here later (how much later was as clear as mud.) If she moved back there in 2001, or shortly after, she must have become a citizen before that - or at least 5 years after coming back if I understand the rules correctly.

Where I am getting confused is in this statement about a DR Judge. Why wouldn't a US Judge have been involved if they were living in NY? Can someone get a divorce in a country where they are not citizens?

Investigators tracked down Jesus’ father, Leno, a Dominican native who lives in Inwood and drives a taxi.

He and Ortega separated amicably in 2001 and he had “no ill will toward her,” and although he said he rarely saw Ortega, they "had no problems between them," sources said.

"He was shocked by what happened," a source said. "He had no idea what demons were raging."

Leno told officials that he had dutifully sent $140 a month in child support to his son in the Dominican Republic. The figure, he said, was established by a Dominican judge. He also regularly visited his son there. He stopped having to pay child support when his son moved to New York, as Ortega didn't petition a city court to require Leno make payments here.

Link: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...-krims-money-son-new-york-city_n_2104157.html

My mind is trying to figure out why the Immigration statement was included in YO's indictment. You are so correct, she might have obtained her citizenship after she left her son in the DR.

There is a website saying that the nanny and Marina had an argument...I didn't link because I don't know if this site is reputable.
Anyone else here heard about that ?
The site is called cafemom.com. Mods please delete if this is a wrong post.
I've been following this case from a distance; since it gets me so upset.

Where I am getting confused is in this statement about a DR Judge. Why wouldn't a US Judge have been involved if they were living in NY? Can someone get a divorce in a country where they are not citizens?

Investigators tracked down Jesus’ father, Leno, a Dominican native who lives in Inwood and drives a taxi.

He and Ortega separated amicably in 2001 and he had “no ill will toward her,” and although he said he rarely saw Ortega, they "had no problems between them," sources said.

"He was shocked by what happened," a source said. "He had no idea what demons were raging."

Leno told officials that he had dutifully sent $140 a month in child support to his son in the Dominican Republic. The figure, he said, was established by a Dominican judge. He also regularly visited his son there. He stopped having to pay child support when his son moved to New York, as Ortega didn't petition a city court to require Leno make payments here.

Link: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...-krims-money-son-new-york-city_n_2104157.html

My mind is trying to figure out why the Immigration statement was included in YO's indictment. You are so correct, she might have obtained her citizenship after she left her son in the DR.

I wonder if the immigration form is just standard procedure.

It seems you can get a divorce in DR and it is recognized provided both parties are in agreement.
http://www.international-divorce.com/d-dominican.htm

>>DIVORCE IN THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC

It is possible to get a divorce in the Dominican Republic in a weekend. You can choose to go to court in the capital city of Santo Domingo or to a resort town.
snip
Recently, a number of U. S. citizens have inquired about the process by which they can obtain a valid divorce in the Dominican Republic. A special divorce law for nonresident foreigner (passed in 1971) provides that the only permissible grounds for divorce of non-resident foreigners is mutual consent. This means that if a husband and wife who do not reside in the Dominican Republic want to obtain a valid divorce under Dominican law, both spouses must agree that they want to obtain such a divorce.
<<

There is qualifying criteria at the link.

Fund For Lucia And Leo Krim, New York City Kids Murdered By Nanny, Brings Arts To Kids In Need

Posted: 11/15/2012 7:09 pm EST Updated: 11/15/2012 7:15 pm EST

Read at the Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/15/fund-for-lucia-and-leo-krim_n_2140164.html#slide=1765753

--------

Few nice pics there: (example, under Spoiler below)

slide_263712_1765753_free.jpg

Perhaps the son does not have US citizenship?

From everything I've read, it sounds like he was born in the US and both of his parents are naturalized citizens, although his father might just be a permanent resident; I don't remember reading about that one way or the other.

Just curious. Why is this thread in the parking lot and not Crimes in the News? :waitasec:

Just curious. Why is this thread in the parking lot and not Crimes in the News? :waitasec:

Because one of WS regular posters lives in the building and saw the nanny/kids shortly before this happened. She has been identified in the media.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marie Rowe
Back