GUILTY Yoselyn Ortega charged with 2 counts ea-1st and 2nd Degree Murder of Krim Children

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi everyone, and Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. No I was not hit by Sandy Storm, I was very lucky and nothing happened, but my computer is down and I jut got my friends apple Notebook (so I may make mistakes) till I get mine fixed (this week).

I do not have anything to add nor have I read the past 5 pages (which I will).
As you all know the last thing that did happen in the building was a move out.

On a personal note: I do not know if any of you believe in spirits or if you will call me a nut job. (I dont care). but I will tell you my last experience.
Thanksgiving I woke up and I was waving bye bye LITO. I think I have awakened from a dream where LEO the 2 year old was ready to depart. (he used to call himself LITO)
I believe his spirit was here in the building until he said bye bye.
Then to make things more strange. I was watching the Thanksgiving day parade, saw LULU that is the 6 year old....But nobody in the room saw it - only I did. She was on top of someones shoulders, and with her huge smile was waving and looking right into the camera,
I freaked when nobody else in the room saw that.
OK the parade starts right by my house (2 streets away)right by the museum of Natural History on West 77 Street, and as it got to 75th Street I saw it.

I know I am not nuts. And you are all welcome to think that I am. I do not care, but I think some dont leave when we think they do.
Since Thanksgiving I had 4 straight night sleep with out a wake up in the night.

I think once the family removed all the belongings from the building it took a few days before they too left.

I guess I must have missed that. So, the Krims have moved all of their belongings out of the apartment?

logical step ... - if they didn't want to stay there any longer (understandably so) ... - gotto move all their things out of the appartment... (to elsewhere, where they are going to be staying) ... unless they were to pay rent for the suite and simply use it as a storage to the belongings ... which would not be a logical step (for a while maybe - Yes, but not for the prolonged period of time)

Took their things .. amd moved them to the next residence (or to some storage, at the very least, if they are planning to simply stay with some relatives for now etc) .. which they obviously did now.. - MOVED everything OUT!

'Killer' nanny to face judge in hospital

By LAURA ITALIANO

Last Updated: 9:28 AM, November 28, 2012
Posted: 8:44 AM, November 28, 2012

Accused killer nanny Yoselyn Ortega faces a judge this morning -- in a hospital room, not a courtroom, where she is expected to plead not guilty to first degree murder in the bathtub slashing deaths of two young Upper West Side children under her care.

Still at New York-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell a month after the Oct. 25 slayings, Ortega is due to enter her plea before Manhattan Supreme Court Justice Lewis Bart Stone sometime after 9:30 a.m., according to David Bookstaver, spokesman for the state office of court administration.

She will be represented by a public assistance lawyer, Valerie Van Leer-Greenberg.

Ortega will be formally informed today that she's been hit with the top homicide charge in the books -- murder in the first degree, reserved for slayings of judges and cops, serial killings, killings deemed cruel and wanton, or, as in Ortega's case, in which there were multiple victims.

---------

More at the Source: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/killer_nanny_to_face_judge_from_V7Hk15LH6n3C91emm4pQbL

Nanny Pleads Not Guilty In Stabbing Deaths Of UWS Children

November 28, 2012 11:00 AM

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — An Upper West Side nanny accused of killing two children in her care has pleaded not guilty to murder.

Yoselyn Ortega was arraigned via video from her hospital bed on Wednesday...

“Yoselyn Ortega is charged with taking the lives of two innocent children who were incapable of defending themselves,” said District Attorney Cyrus Vance. “This crime shocked and horrified parents around the city, many of whom entrust their children to the care of others both by necessity and by choice. My heart goes out to the family of those beautiful young children, and I hope that, with time, this family will heal.”

--------

Read more: http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/11/28/nanny-to-be-arraigned-in-stabbing-deaths-of-uws-children/

New York nanny pleads not guilty in deaths of two kids

NEW YORK | Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:04am EST

(Reuters) - A New York nanny accused of the stabbing deaths of two young children last month pleaded not guilty to murder charges Wednesday in a rare judicial proceeding conducted inside a hospital where the 50-year-old woman is recovering from self-inflicted wounds.

Yoselyn Ortega was indicted two weeks ago on two counts each of first- and second-degree murder in the killings of Lucia Krim, 6, and her brother, Leo, who was days shy of his second birthday, in their parents' luxury apartment.

Ortega entered the not-guilty plea from her hospital room at New York-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center, according to a pool report of the proceeding.

-------

Read more: http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/11/28/us-usa-stabbing-newyork-idUSBRE8AR0TZ20121128

NYC nanny Yoselyn Ortega pleads not guilty in child deaths

COLLEEN LONG Associated Press

A NANNY accused in the stabbing deaths of two children at their upscale Manhattan home has pleaded not guilty at a hospital where she's been treated for self-inflicted stab wounds.

Yoselyn Ortega, who was handcuffed to her hospital bed and wearing a blue hair net, entered the plea through her attorney. She appeared alert but didn't speak during the 10-minute hearing.

A judge ordered Ms Ortega held without bail while she undergoes psychiatric exam. A court date was set for Jan. 16.

------

Read more at the Source: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/br...-in-child-deaths/story-e6frf7k6-1226526190587

There is no reason this woman should still be in the hospital after a month. She needs to be put in a jail cell where she belongs instead of a hospital room with a comfortable bed, television and possibly visitors.

N.Y. Nanny Murder Suspect Pleads Not Guilty at Hospital

By Chris Dolmetsch - Nov 28, 2012 10:22 AM CT

A New York City woman who worked as a nanny for a Manhattan couple pleaded not guilty today from her hospital bed to charges that she murdered two children in her care.

Yoselyn Ortega, 50, has been indicted on two counts of first-degree murder and two counts of second-degree murder in connection with the Oct. 25 deaths of Lucia and Leo Krim, Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus R. Vance Jr. said today in a statement.

Ortega faces life in prison if she is convicted of killing the Krim children...

Ortega was under a white blanket, handcuffed to her hospital bed and wearing a blue hairnet, according to the pool report. She appeared alert and didn’t speak during the 10-minute proceeding. Her attorney, Valerie Van Leer-Greenberg, entered the plea on her behalf. Justice Lewis Bart Stone ordered her held without bail while she undergoes a psychiatric exam.

Her next court date is Jan. 16.

------

Source: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-...-suspect-pleads-not-guilty-from-hospital.html

New York nanny, from hospital, pleads not guilty in deaths of two kids

First posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 11:28 AM EST | Updated: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 11:43 AM EST

1297330969903_ORIGINAL.jpg

General view of the apartment building where Yoselyn Ortega lives in New York, October 26, 2012. (REUTERS/Eduardo Munoz)

-----

Read at the Source: http://www.torontosun.com/2012/11/2...pital-pleads-not-guilty-in-deaths-of-two-kids

She is determined to make this as hard on the Krims as possible isn't she? It isn't enough she killed two of their children, but now make them sit through a trail where they have to relive all the horror.

There is no end to this woman's wickedness.

Hoy tiene que hablar ninera hispana acusada de asesinato

POR: EDLP Digital | 09:54 am | 11/28/2012

Pasadas las 10:00 de esta mañana, en el hospital NY Presbyterian, las autoridades realizarán la lectura de los cargos que se le imputan a la niñera dominicana Yoselyn Ortega, por la muerte de los hermanos Lucia y Leo Krim, de 6 y 2 años respectivamente.

-------

Read more at the Source: ( in Spanish :) ) http://www.eldiariony.com/Hoy-hablar-ninera-hispana-acusada-asesinato_

There is no reason this woman should still be in the hospital after a month. She needs to be put in a jail cell where she belongs instead of a hospital room with a comfortable bed, television and possibly visitors.

reports were she chipped/fractured a vertebrae in her throat... i wonder if it affected her spinal column and caused more damage (paraylsis?) than has been reported...

(would this have been reported if its the case?)

November 28, 2012, 11:56 AM ET

Nanny Pleads Not Guilty in Children’s Murders

By Sean Gardiner

OB-VM506_nanny_G_20121128111222.jpg

Photographs of the two children allegedly stabbed by their nanny are displayed alongside balloons and stuffed animals at memorial outside the apartment building in October.

7622079.bin

Stuffed animals and flowers are seen Oct. 26 outside apartment building where two children were fatally stabbed on New York City’s upper west side of Manhattan. The family’s nanny pleaded not guilty Wednesday to murder charges.

Photograph by: MIKE SEGAR , REUTERS
ALeqM5g0EdOcT1cxZEBY7l2mAJ4QseQPIg
... Ortega, wearing a blue hair net and neck brace, was handcuffed to her bed and lay under a white blanket during the 10-minute proceeding, according to a pool report of the proceeding. She didn’t speak, and her attorney, Valerie Van Leer-Greenberg, entered the plea on her behalf. A translator spoke to her in Spanish.

“My client is profoundly, medically impaired and in need of medical attention,” the attorney told the judge...

Read more: The Wall Street Journal | New York

===============================================

Krim nanny Yoselyn Ortega pleads not guilty from hospital bed

Nanny Yoselyn Ortega, 50, pleads not guilty to murdering Lulu, Leo Krim.

David Trifunov, November 28, 2012 11:57

... Ortega has not admitted to killing the children, Fox News said.

-----

Read more: GlobalPost

By By COLLEEN LONG, Associated Press – 20 minutes ago

NEW YORK (AP) — A nanny accused in the stabbing deaths of two children in her care at their upscale Manhattan home pleaded not guilty Wednesday inside a hospital room where she's been treated for self-inflicted stab wounds.

Yoselyn Ortega — lying handcuffed in her hospital bed in silence, her right hand trembling — entered the plea through her defense attorney.

"I ask you to enter a not guilty plea on behalf of my client," said the lawyer, Valerie Van Leer-Greenberg.

Stone ordered Ortega held without bail while she undergoes psychiatric exam. The judge, like two prosecutors and everyone else crowded into the room, wore a hospital gown.

Ortega, 50, appeared alert but didn't speak during the 10-minute hearing.

She had a tube leading to her throat, but was breathing on her own. She wore a blue hair net. No wounds were visible.

The hospital room was sparse: There were no flowers, photos or other personal items on display.

The unusual bed-side arraignment came as District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr. announced an indictment charging Ortega with multiple counts of murder.

Van Leer-Greenberg left the hospital without speaking to reporters.

--------

Read more: The Associated Press

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barbarabarth2016