GUILTY Yoselyn Ortega charged with 2 counts ea-1st and 2nd Degree Murder of Krim Children

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Why would she need an interpreter, couldn't she understand English? I highly doubt she spoke only Spanish- or whatever her native language is- to those children.

I am sure she can speak and understand English ...

But with Spanish being her language since birth .. she probably definitely has a better command of it than English ...

... and considering the seriousness of charges against her (1st & 2nd degree murder times two) ... it was probably appropriate (or the way it's usually done in the cases like this one) to have Spanish interpreter there ... to repeat the charges etc to her in her "mother-toungue" language.

Unless it was a "special request" by her attorney ... and, again, considering the seriousness of charges against her, prosecutors and the judge would SURELY grant that "request" (if it was the case)

Why would she need an interpreter, couldn't she understand English? I highly doubt she spoke only Spanish- or whatever her native language is- to those children.

I'm guessing the state wants to cover all bases with this case. IOW they don't want to take a chance of nanny saying she couldn't understand what they were saying and use it for legal loophole.

ya ... that too .. that is why in cases like this one .. it's, more or less, standard common thing.

November 28, 2012, 11:56 AM ET

Nanny Pleads Not Guilty in Children’s Murders

By Sean Gardiner

OB-VM506_nanny_G_20121128111222.jpg

Photographs of the two children allegedly stabbed by their nanny are displayed alongside balloons and stuffed animals at memorial outside the apartment building in October.

7622079.bin

Stuffed animals and flowers are seen Oct. 26 outside apartment building where two children were fatally stabbed on New York City’s upper west side of Manhattan. The family’s nanny pleaded not guilty Wednesday to murder charges.

Photograph by: MIKE SEGAR , REUTERS
ALeqM5g0EdOcT1cxZEBY7l2mAJ4QseQPIg
... Ortega, wearing a blue hair net and neck brace, was handcuffed to her bed and lay under a white blanket during the 10-minute proceeding, according to a pool report of the proceeding. She didn’t speak, and her attorney, Valerie Van Leer-Greenberg, entered the plea on her behalf. A translator spoke to her in Spanish.

“My client is profoundly, medically impaired and in need of medical attention,” the attorney told the judge...

Read more: The Wall Street Journal | New York

===============================================

Krim nanny Yoselyn Ortega pleads not guilty from hospital bed

Nanny Yoselyn Ortega, 50, pleads not guilty to murdering Lulu, Leo Krim.

David Trifunov, November 28, 2012 11:57

... Ortega has not admitted to killing the children, Fox News said.

-----

Read more: GlobalPost

“My client is profoundly, medically impaired and in need of medical attention,” the attorney told the judge."

Unbelievable! Yoselyn has only herself to blame for being medically impaired and in need of medical attention.

"It is a pathetic woman who lies here," public assistance defense lawyer, Valerie Van Leer-Greenberg, told a Manhattan judge as Ortega lay at her side, handcuffed to her bed at New York-Presbyterian hospital.

"My client does not wish to have the press in here," the lawyer said, in asking unsuccessfully for Manhattan Supreme Court Justice Lewis Bart Stone to bar a reporter from watching as Ortega pleaded not guilty to the bathtub slashing deaths of two young Upper West Side children under her care.

"She's lying in a hospital bed. She has a neck brace, and her hand that you can see is shaking," the lawyer argued today.

"She is in a very debilitated condition. She has tubes running out of her torso. She has a right to privacy."

The lawyer added, "You have a profoundly injured, severely injured individual… you are chilling her right to be free from being observed in this condition."

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/killer_nanny_to_face_judge_from_V7Hk15LH6n3C91emm4pQbL

^^^ and what about lulu and leo's right to be free from being stabbed to death and horrifically taken from their family? gmab!

That wicked piece of trash gave up her right to privacy and dignity when she decided to cut short the lives of two defenseless babies!!!! How ironic that she is now demanding rights!

That wicked piece of trash gave up her right to privacy and dignity when she decided to cut short the lives of two defenseless babies!!!! How ironic that she is now demanding rights!

Isn't that always the way. Remember when Casey Anthony wouldn't call the cops about her "missing" daughter but had no problem calling them when the protestors were outside her parents house.

These psychopaths can only think about themselves and their rights being violated.

Little Leo Krim, Forever in our hearts.

Published on Nov 28, 2012

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkelODsZGyY"]Little Leo Krim, Forever in our hearts. - YouTube[/ame]​

She is determined to make this as hard on the Krims as possible isn't she? It isn't enough she killed two of their children, but now make them sit through a trail where they have to relive all the horror.

There is no end to this woman's wickedness.
How did she hide that wickedness for 2 years??? :waitasec:

I think it must be that Some people are just to innocent and do not see evil

She did speak Both But best she have an interpreter so she wont sy later that there was anything at all she did not understand. she is obviously not to be trusted.

I cant watch I just cry.... This angel was sleeping when he got multiple stabs.

I was the last one to see his beautiful smile, he was dozing off in his carriage, smiled and then closed his eyes again. :please:

How can anyone do that to a baby :furious:

What a darling, sweet, innocent child. I'll never understand how this woman could be so cold blooded and cruel. Pure evil.

I cant watch I just cry.... This angel was sleeping when he got multiple stabs.

I was the last one to see his beautiful smile, he was dozing off in his carriage, smiled and then closed his eyes again. :please:

How can anyone do that to a baby :furious:

He looked like an Angel. I can't imagine anyone hurting him:furious:

On Thanksgiving I thought of the family and hoped someday they can have holidays and not be missing Lulo and Leo.

I do think the Mom and Dad were good and kind people who didn't realize how evil other people could be:(

Thank you Karkman it is beautiful and she was more beautiful in person, her smile can light up a universe.

Lulu was so beautiful and sweet. Watching over her little brother now:(

That video is beautiful. I loved Mrs Krims pics of them.
They all had beautiful smiles and looked so happy. Who could've hurt them. I don't understand it. They are so innocent.

I do not like her lawyer already. But I never like any lawyer who will take on a case like this one and then say <modsnip> has a right to privacy.:furious:... The babies had a right to live. :(
<modsnip:mad:

In one of her most awful moments of her life Mrs Krim didn't either:(
While screaming uncontrolably they were taking her pic.
The attorney needs to remember that.
I hope Mrs Krim can feel some peace some day.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michelle90
Back