You Can't Make This Up - No Discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Seriously ?

I don't know why... but that last photo made me chuckle.
:D

hamster wheel (2).JPG

Seriously ?

I don't know why... but that last photo made me chuckle.
:D

View attachment 446800
When I saw this, I was immediately reminded of a sketch in Monty Python's Flying Circus, "Crossing the Atlantic on a Tricycle", a newscast which followed the sketch "How Not to Be Seen" (Season 2, Ep. 11). Michael Palin is the presenter, and Mr. Bent appeared as a head-and-shoulders stock photo of a man in a sou'wester:

Crossing the Atlantic on a Tricycle | Monty Python Scripts
'In Nova Scotia today, Mr Roy Bent of North Walsham in Norfolk became the first man to cross the Atlantic on a tricycle. His tricycle, specially adapted for the crossing, was ninety feet long, with a protective steel hull, three funnels, seventeen first-class cabins and a radar scanner. (cut to photo of Bent) Mr Bent is in our Durham studios, which is rather unfortunate as we're all down here in London.'

Microsoft suspected of using AI in writing former NBA player's bizarre obituary for MSN article (ETA: he collapsed during hot yoga)
[...]
The headline of the since-removed article reads: Brandon Hunter useless at 42.

It gets worse.

The article, which Futurism.com fairly describes as “garbled,” was filled with both typos, poor grammar and described Hunter as having “performed in 67 video games over two seasons.”

He “achieved a career-high of 17 factors in a recreation in opposition to the Milwaukee Bucks in 2004,” the article reads.

The MSN post has been taken down and scrubbed from its home page, but an archive link is still accessible online.

Last edited:
SHARK SAVED. Check out this (dangerous) rescue operation on Pensacola Beach. This woman claims they contacted Wildlife Rescue and Lifeguards but where told there was nothing they can do. Tense moments as the beachgoers saved the shark and sent it back to sea.

Money sandwiches...don't sound very appetising, plus not very healthy because they really put on pounds.
A MAN has been jailed after trying to disguise tens of thousands of pounds... as sandwiches.

Essex Police seized a whopping £70,000 of cash back in July after finding a bag filled with a haul of silver foil packets in Harwich.

Officers from the Rural Engagement Team had been conducting routine checks when they were alerted to a lorry driving the wrong way in what appeared to be an attempt to avoid detection.

After finding the packets in the cab of the vehicle, disguised as "sandwiches", the force arrested Mariusz Raczynski, 28, on suspicion of money laundering.

SHARK SAVED. Check out this (dangerous) rescue operation on Pensacola Beach. This woman claims they contacted Wildlife Rescue and Lifeguards but where told there was nothing they can do. Tense moments as the beachgoers saved the shark and sent it back to sea.

That’s amazing! It may also be the first time I’ve felt really sorry for a shark!

@arielilane , when you share twitter posts , do you just “copy link” ?

For some reason I’m having trouble with it today.

ETA: Nevermind, I figured it out. Posted your shark rescue on another thread. :D

I’ll never forget that day. My husband called me from his work and said, have you seen the news? I said no. I hadn’t seen it because I didn’t normally have the TV on in the morning and I had been doing housework.

Once I turned it in, I couldn’t turn it off. I was glued to it. For days.
And the horror of it all… oh the horror. I cry every time I go back to those days.
I simply can’t imagine the pain and suffering of those poor people.
It’s so heart breaking.
Remember seeing that first picture of Mohammad Attacks on the evening news that night? All I could think was, "Evil Eyes."

And the band played on...until the bandleader got tased.
Video of a Jefferson County High School band director being arrested by Birmingham police shows a chaotic few minutes before and after he was hit with the stun gun.

Johnny Mims, who took over as Minor’s band director in 2018, is charged with disorderly conduct, harassment and resisting arrest.

Police contend Mims didn’t comply with their order for his band to stop playing so they could clear the stadium following the end of the game between Minor High and Jackson-Olin High Schools, which was played Thursday night in Birmingham.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helangel
Back