Zach Adams guilty in kidnapping murder of Holly Bobo Sept 23, 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am not sure why it would matter that the judge knew the father of one of the jurors. The judge never mentioned it until the trial was over, and it seemed like it was a surprise to the juror. So what difference would it make in the deliberations in any way?
I'm not sure either, katydid23. In such a small place, where practically everyone knows everyone and all there business lol. The judge and jurors are bound to be connected in some way or another. I've never done Jury service before so find alot that goes on really interesting! Wasn't aware they'd have to fill out a form like the one tweeted below!

[video=twitter;911687273518911488]https://twitter.com/Redraider007007/status/911687273518911488[/video]

I didn't see the sentencing hearing. Did the Bobo family request he get LWOP?

BBM

It has not been explained fully, but from what I gather, The defense attorney went to the ADA and asked to make a deal to take the DP off the table, and just move on from here. And they would allow Karen Bobo to have her say in the court first.

I have heard Death Row inmates say that they were relieved to be facing the DP because the worst thing imaginable would be to live the rest of ones life, 40, 50 or 60 more years, knowing one will never ever leave their tiny concrete dungeon.

LWOP might be the worst punishment there is.

Due to the long appeals they know they will spend decades in prison even if on death row.

There are a lot of them though who will jump on any LWOP deal if the state agrees to take the death penalty off the table. I think ZA is one of those who is a coward at heart. He is so use to prison life this will be nothing new to him. He will easily assimilate and fit right in.

Murder defendants have been so frightened of getting the death penalty that they agree to plead guilty in exchange for LWOP. LE/DAs have used this option by threatening defendants with the death penalty using it as leverage, and it has worked many times.

Its one thing to know someone will be cared for by the taxpayers the rest of their lives than knowing they are a dead man walking with an execution date in their future. They would much rather die of old age.

I think most of these murderers are truly cowards and that is why they usually murder defenseless victims but when it comes to themselves having a death date everything changes. It seems they do not value anyone else's life but do highly value their own.

I do think many are scared to death of getting the death penalty, and I believe ZA is one.

The Nicks on channel 5 said those things - so maybe they are not correct? Said any defense attorney dreams of getting those notes and if not shredded can be subpoenaed
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am sure the defense would LOVE to have the notes, for their appeals. But if a juror doesn't want to share them they can destroy them before they get served.

I am sure the defense would LOVE to have the notes, for their appeals. But if a juror doesn't want to share them they can destroy them before they get served.

But what would a juror's notes be evidence of? I don't think jury's note-taking is considered evidence

FOUND something explaining judges decision to allow jurors to keep notes:

NOTE TAKING BY THE JURY
Jessica Smith, UNC School of Government (November 2012)

I. Note Taking Allowed. G.S. 15A-1228 provides that unless the judge directs otherwise, jurors may take notes.

E. After Verdict. After the case is completed, most judges tell the jurors that they may tear their notes out of their notebooks and take their notes with them or leave them in the jury room to be destroyed by court personnel. Be sure to instruct the bailiff to destroy anything that is left behind.

https://benchbook.sog.unc.edu/sites/benchbook.sog.unc.edu/files/pdf/Note Taking By The Jury.pdf

Thank you for this information. We had to leave our notes with the court at the end of each day the trial was going on. Once we reached our verdict, and were leaving we were told to take our notes with us...which we did.

I'm not sure either, katydid23. In such a small place, where practically everyone knows everyone and all there business lol. The judge and jurors are bound to be connected in some way or another. I've never done Jury service before so find alot that goes on really interesting! Wasn't aware they'd have to fill out a form like the one tweeted below!

[video=twitter;911687273518911488]https://twitter.com/Redraider007007/status/911687273518911488[/video]

But nothing the judge said meant that the juror KNEW the judge. Didn't the judge say ' I knew your father.' ? It seems like the juror didn't know the judge.

The judge and the father probably grew up together or went to school or worked together back in the day. That would not affect the trial in any way if the juror didn't know that.

nope, animals are just as aware but that's O/T

BBM I don't think organisms or animals understand that they are going to die, humans are the only ones that understand that. That's why we fear it. His life will be hell but he will be alive and he'll have to think about what he did and what his empty future is. I'm sure he's going to encounter some unsavory characters very soon. I'm glad it's LWOP.

Thank you for this information. We had to leave our notes with the court at the end of each day the trial was going on. Once we reached our verdict, and were leaving we were told to take our notes with us...which we did.
Interesting!! What did you do with your notes, oceanblueeyes, if you don't mind me asking?

But what would a juror's notes be evidence of? I don't think jury's note-taking is considered evidence

Well, for example, let's say a juror said something INCORRECT in their notes, like " Pink undies belonged to Holly ---found by Shaynes trailer..."

The defense could try and say that the juror was mistaken and based a decision upon incorrect info

Well, for example, let's say a juror said something INCORRECT in their notes, like " Pink undies belonged to Holly ---found by Shaynes trailer..."

The defense could try and say that the juror was mistaken and based a decision upon incorrect info

I hear you, but probably not uncommon for jurors to have a few or some errors in their note-taking

Such differences would be expected to be discussed during deliberations and corrected, ironed-out, etc

They also said if there were notes referring to outside influence, not following judges instructions or considering something they had been told to disregard- they probably said more but that's all I caught

I hear you, but probably not uncommon for jurors to have a few or some errors in their note-taking

Such differences would be expected to be discussed during deliberations and corrected, ironed-out, etc

I totally agree. But the defense would try to make a mountain out of a molehill for sure.

Like if they wrote something down that was actually overruled by objection---like when Shayne's mom said 'was that a confession?' I think they were supposed to disregard that statement by her.

If it was in someones notes, the defense would try to make hay out of that mistake.

As long as they answered truthfully, I don't see why there would be a problem.

It has not been explained fully, but from what I gather, The defense attorney went to the ADA and asked to make a deal to take the DP off the table, and just move on from here. And they would allow Karen Bobo to have her say in the court first.

I see this tweet that explains it. Don't know how to properly post it other than copy and paste.

Shay Arthur‏Verified account @ShayA_WREG3 6h6 hours ago
More
Prosecutor Paul Hagerman on the deal for Adams' life is prison sentence: "The Bobo family chose to end this thing with grace." @3onyourside

The entire reason for change of venue was to obtain a Fair and Impartial Trial. That didn't happen. According to Kenneth Belkin, Jurors can not know the parties involved. This case should have been tried somewhere west of Nashville. That's the bottom line.

See the video on twitter - [video=twitter;911688296920748032]https://twitter.com/Redraider007007/status/911688296920748032[/video]

But nothing the judge said meant that the juror KNEW the judge. Didn't the judge say ' I knew your father.' ? It seems like the juror didn't know the judge.

The judge and the father probably grew up together or went to school or worked together back in the day. That would not affect the trial in any way if the juror didn't know that.
I have a hard time believing the Juror didn't know the connection between the judge and his/her father, but to each their own. Either way, I agree with you, that it would not affect the trial in any way! I think someone else already pointed it out....the judge in the Heather Elvis case was good friends with the defendants (Sidney Moorer) father! Guess what, Sidney Moorer is serving 10 years behind bars for Obstruction of Justice! :thumb:

The entire reason for change of venue was to obtain a Fair and Impartial Trial. That didn't happen. According to Kenneth Belkin, Jurors can not know the parties involved. This case should have been tried somewhere west of Nashville. That's the bottom line.

See the video on twitter - [video=twitter;911688296920748032]https://twitter.com/Redraider007007/status/911688296920748032[/video]

This is untrue.

Do you mean east of Nashville? Hardin county is west of Nashville

This is untrue.

Are you objecting, Gardenista?

:judge:

Please explain! :D

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members