Zach Adams guilty in kidnapping murder of Holly Bobo Sept 23, 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Good answer. This was not the judge’s first rodeo. I’d bet he’s just as friendly with all juries that serve in his courtroom.

It appears to be his style, his "bedside manner" if you will.

Here's a sleuther challenge: how many of his cases have been overturned due to his use of colloquialisms and being friendly to the jury or anyone else during a trial? All trials and all appeals are public, so the records are out there. No need to guess with the power of the Internet and ability to find case dockets.

Only the judge's rulings come into play in appeals. Being friendly and jovial or even knowing who certain jurors are (esp in a small county) is not judicial trial error, no matter how much you want to assert that it could be. You may not like it, you may not think it's a good idea, but what's relevant is if it's trial error, and it isn't. Both sides picked the jury. This trial was streamed the whole way through. If you believe there's trial error, let us know the specific rulings that are problematic.

I think you missed it was in my opinion which is what IMO stands for. The end as I will drop it and hope you do the same.

I don't understand why that official statement was omitted? Its one that carries significance for all parties. Can someone speak to this? TIA

Smug as ever, isn't he! I'd like to race up to him with a <modsnip> needle and just jab him with it, and not with the stuff he likes either--would wipe the smirk off his face forever!! *I'm not normally this evil but that video somewhat, has hit a raw nerve here*

Zach Adams will never apologize even if all of his appeals have been exhausted. One cant apologize for something when they aren't sorry or remorseful in the first place.

I know this is petty but the title of this thread bothers me for some reason but it does. It infers the jury voted for LWOP when that wasn't the case. I don't have one doubt they would have all voted for death if they had been given the opportunity and Zach and his attorney knew they would too. The only ones who saved him from death row was the Bobo family.

I do understand why Karen, Dana, and Clint decided they didn't want death. It wasn't that they didn't think he deserved death. No doubt they all did. But this wasn't about him, but it was all about them being able to move forward to learn how to smile and live again.

it was mentioned they can subpoena them for use with the next two defendants...completely and utterly stupid move....and they are of zero value to the jurors...they are the property of the court.

Who said that? How would their notes be relevant to other attorneys? All they are are notes taken from the testimony and all defense attorneys can get full transcripts.

Is there a law that said the jury notes are property of the court? I think I remember other cases where the judge allowed the jurors to take their notes with them and they used those notes to later write books about the case they were on. It seems to me the jurors would have more rights to their own written words than the court.

It's very common for judges to chat with jurors after the trial, to thank them for their service and wish them well and make sure their questions get answered so they can maintain their privacy, get paid, and whatever other admin items need to be attended to, etc.

The defense can't use this for an appeal. Only what's part of the trial is subject to appeal, not the judge talking to a jury afterwards.

i am not saying anything he did in regard to his more than folksy approach is appealable...however usually a judge will meet after in chambers to answer the juries questions etc. i had a case that settled and the judge took over one hour with interested jurors explaining some of the law etc. chatting in the courtroom with all present is very different.

Why is this a good outcome?

Every living organism fears dying. This animal should have been put on Death Row and so that it can feel it is to die... each day, every day for 10-15 years.

(Easy to judge without being in the same shoes as this courgeous family, but I think this would have been my choosing)

I have heard Death Row inmates say that they were relieved to be facing the DP because the worst thing imaginable would be to live the rest of ones life, 40, 50 or 60 more years, knowing one will never ever leave their tiny concrete dungeon.

LWOP might be the worst punishment there is.

[video=twitter;911616996365742080]https://twitter.com/LeahBethFOX13/status/911616996365742080[/video]
[video=twitter;911421810595463168]https://twitter.com/Justice4Holly/status/911421810595463168[/video]

EDIT: (Not sure if I'm allowed to post that tweet of the statement from Drew Scott as it was posted on FB--please delete if not permitted, Harmony2! Thank you)

Who said that? How would their notes be relevant to other attorneys? All they are are notes taken from the testimony and all defense attorneys can get full transcripts.

Is there a law that said the jury notes are property of the court? I think I remember other cases where the judge allowed the jurors to take their notes with them and they used those notes to later write books about the case they were on. It seems to me the jurors would have more rights to their own written words than the court.

The Nicks on channel 5 said those things - so maybe they are not correct? Said any defense attorney dreams of getting those notes and if not shredded can be subpoenaed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smug as ever, isn't he! I'd like to race up to him with a <modsnip> needle and just jab him with it, and not with the stuff he likes either--would wipe the smirk off his face forever!! *I'm not normally this evil but that video somewhat, has hit a raw nerve here*

Well at least we know he can say goodbye to his comfy suit and hello to his regular jump suit.

Not only that but he will have to go back to regular prison food as It's obvious they fattened him up for the trial so he wouldn't look like the crazy meth head he really is.

zach-adams.jpg

I am not sure why it would matter that the judge knew the father of one of the jurors. The judge never mentioned it until the trial was over, and it seemed like it was a surprise to the juror. So what difference would it make in the deliberations in any way?

Well at least we know he can say goodbye to his comfy suit and hello to his regular jump suit.

Not only that but he will have to go back to regular prison food as It's obvious they fattened him up for the trial so he wouldn't look like the crazy meth head he really is.

zach-adams.jpg

I don't think he was getting special food - probably gained because no meth. Also jail food is high carbs and most prisoners are on antidepressants and anti anxiety meds which also contributes to weight gain

ETA: I certainly hope no special anything

Zach Adams will never apologize even if all of his appeals have been exhausted. One cant apologize for something when they aren't sorry or remorseful in the first place.

I know this is petty but the title of this thread bothers me for some reason but it does. It infers the jury voted for LWOP when that wasn't the case. I don't have one doubt they would have all voted for death if they had been given the opportunity and Zach and his attorney knew they would too. The only ones who saved him from death row was the Bobo family.

I do understand why Karen, Dana, and Clint decided they didn't want death. It wasn't that they didn't think he deserved death. No doubt they all did. But this wasn't about him, but it was all about them being able to move forward to learn how to smile and live again.

I didn't see the sentencing hearing. Did the Bobo family request he get LWOP?

BBM

I dont think JA is scared one bit when it comes to ZA. ZA needs to worry more about JA than JA being worried about ZA. If JA gets LWOP there will be nothing for him to lose if he has someone take ZA out or if he does it himself. He already told him when he asked him to murder Dylan that he (ZA) would be next because he brought him into all of this. I think JA may have more contacts in prison than even ZA.

There was that moment during the trial when the judge would not allow testimony that JA is in the Aryan Brotherhood, I agree that JA has a lot of pull in prison, much more so than ZA.
I wouldn't be surprised at all if JA and ZA are good ole' boy buddies, again, eventually.
Criminal minds accept their friends criminality, I wouldn't put it past ZA to excuse JA's lack of loyalty, forgive him, and join his gang, asap. He will need them in the years ahead of him.
I think ZA can relate to JA, even now. I think he will tell himself that JA did what he had to do to keep himself off death row.
They are so close, ZA knew who to go to when he needed to dispose of a body and JA was there for him, until the cops got on his tail. I think ZA looks up to JA.
Sick minds have an amazing capacity to bond with, and excuse, their sick friends.

FOUND something explaining judges decision to allow jurors to keep notes:

NOTE TAKING BY THE JURY
Jessica Smith, UNC School of Government (November 2012)

I. Note Taking Allowed. G.S. 15A-1228 provides that unless the judge directs otherwise, jurors may take notes.

E. After Verdict. After the case is completed, most judges tell the jurors that they may tear their notes out of their notebooks and take their notes with them or leave them in the jury room to be destroyed by court personnel. Be sure to instruct the bailiff to destroy anything that is left behind.

https://benchbook.sog.unc.edu/sites/benchbook.sog.unc.edu/files/pdf/Note Taking By The Jury.pdf

I didn't see the sentencing hearing. Did the Bobo family request he get LWOP?

BBM

I don't think it was said and I may be wrong but from what JN said I got the idea defense asked and Bobos agreed - jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08
Back