Zach Adams on trial for the kidnapping and murder of Holly Bobo- Sept 15 & 16, 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not gonna lie, I'm still waiting for Shayne Austin to walk in that court room and testify his side of this.

Hypothetically, If someone is in Witness Protection and then comes out to testify, do they go back in even though it's confirmed they aren't dead? Everything I read states he was never formally charged therefore not offered a deal b/c he died before charges were filed.
Guess there's a first time for everything. *shrug*
IMHO
https://priceonomics.com/what-happens-when-you-enter-the-witness-protection/ I found this non MSM (?) link that explains WPS. I know I'm going out on a loooooooong limb here but it's not entirely impossible.
JMO

RBBM: Yes ... there will be :fireworks: !

What I do not understand is that Shayne is still listed as having Immunity ...

:thinking: So if he is deceased because he committed suicide, then why does he still have Immunity ? A dead man can't testify.

:moo:

The circumstantial evidence is building towards a crescendo today imo

Well done with the witnesses this morning. All very credible and corroborate Autry's testimony

Well done with the witnesses this morning. All very credible and corroborates Autry's testimony

I will stipulate to that... :drumroll:

This investigation sounds just like what happened with the GBI in Tara Grinstead's case. They had never talked or interviewed the two suspects, Duke and Dukes either. They were never on their radar.

At least with this one it went on for 3.5 years before they grew a brain. In Tara's case it took many more years than that to arrest the suspects.

Oh Dear God. I am so shocked they didn't follow up on these guys. Holly was already deceased but it is just so surprising to me. Her poor family. And, then, we have the murderers and their cohorts thinking they got away with it. This is so sad. Agent Booth sounds destroyed tell all of this.

I have to admit this shocks me too. I've always help Mark Gwynn in high regard. It's hard to believe they made such a "rookie" mistake on such a big case.

[video=twitter;908740537464836096]https://twitter.com/WSMVCarley/status/908740537464836096[/video]

[video=twitter;908740571065470976]https://twitter.com/bchapman_WREG3/status/908740571065470976[/video]

[video=twitter;908740581890953219]https://twitter.com/chrisconte/status/908740581890953219[/video]
And yet, Holly's mother Karen was conducting her own investigation and talked with them.

I am glad to see that Nick and Nick and their callers think the response that morning was strange...from the mother, from Clint and a simple call to LE and all of a sudden they have TBI out there in record time because an adult woman walked into the woods with a guy in camo during hunting season. Most of the time a certain amount of time has to pass if an adult goes missing which she really was not. Something IS VERY OFF WITH THIS WHOLE CASE.

RBBM: Yes ... there will be :fireworks: !

What I do not understand is that Shayne is still listed as having Immunity ...

:thinking: So if he is deceased because he committed suicide, then why does he still have Immunity ? A dead man can't testify.

Is it known if Shayne gave a deposition and was videoed to investigators and if it can be used in this trial?

I served as juror on a murder trial about 20 years ago in Davidson County, Tennessee. We asked about transcript and the bailiff laughed at us and said this wasn't TV. We could have the transcript if we paid $22.00 a page for it. I don't know if that's a statewide situation or just Davidson County. And, of course, it could have changed since then.

Wow!!!! It's not TV? It's only someone's life we are talking about!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I served as juror on a murder trial about 20 years ago in Davidson County, Tennessee. We asked about transcript and the bailiff laughed at us and said this wasn't TV. We could have the transcript if we paid $22.00 a page for it. I don't know if that's a statewide situation or just Davidson County. And, of course, it could have changed since then.

Yes, we were told that we could take notes but then we weren't allowed to take them with us during deliberations, crazy huh?

I'm guessing the locals are very happy with the defense attorney. They want Zach off the streets and to pay for his crimes.

I know this isn't ethical but I wonder if she was assigned this case because she is not considered a good attorney.

I hope not. That is too scary to think of in terms of everyone's right to a fair trial.

I want the defendant convicted but it has to be done right.

No matter how bad the lead defense attorney is in this case the case will not be overturned on appeal because of it. IMO. It is much harder to have a case overturned than many may think and he has four lawyers so he is well represented.

I read about another murder defendant and he used that excuse to appeal saying he had a crappy lawyer (more or less lol) and even produced photos of the defense attorney sleeping through some of the testimony in court. His appeal was denied and the appeal court said that even though at times his attorney may have dozed off he gave the defendant good representation when cross examining witnesses for the state and in the defense's CIC.

When cases are overturned on appeal most all of the time it is due to a ruling/s the presiding Judge made that was so egregious it could have changed the outcome of the trial. I think this Judge has been extremely fair and has given the defense a lot of leeway when cross examining state witnesses. Sometimes way too much leeway and way too much time, imo.

So if he is convicted I do not believe his case will be overturned.

IMO

Who called in the tip that changed the course of the investigation to Zach Adams, etc?

[video=twitter;908740831829532672]https://twitter.com/WSMVCarley/status/908740831829532672[/video]

[video=twitter;908751600788824065]https://twitter.com/CCLawNewz/status/908751600788824065[/video]

Well done with the witnesses this morning. All very credible and corroborate Autry's testimony

:seeya:

Respectfully, what I saw build to a crescendo today was the FACT that the TBI and LE made HUGE mistakes from the get-go by NOT following up with ZA and the rest of the A's from the very beginning !

WHY ? ZA, JA, and the rest of the A's were NO strangers to LE ... again, WHY didn't TBI check their alibis for that day from the get-go?

The question is WHO was protecting the A's ?

3 Years later they check alibis ? Really ?

Oh that's right, the new District Attorney took office then BAM ! Action on Holly's case ... remains found ... arrests ...

I still want to know more details about that so called "beef" that D.A. Matt Stowe had with the TBI after he got a look at Holly's case ...

Well, it's a good thing JA didn't kill off DA in hopes of getting the house and truck since "grandpa wasn't gonna be around much longer" according to yesterday's testimony.

Insert sarcasm font.

IMHO

no kidding...the guy is footing the bill for his grandson who was waiting for him to die (and probably could have sped up the process) to get off murder and death. How ironic.

Who called in the tip that changed the course of the investigation to Zach Adams, etc?

[video=twitter;908751600788824065]https://twitter.com/CCLawNewz/status/908751600788824065[/video]

That is EXACTLY what I said too!

Yes, we were told that we could take notes but then we weren't allowed to take them with us during deliberations, crazy huh?

That is strange. We were allowed to always have our notes in the deliberation room but each day we had to leave them in there and the court officer would secure them in a safe and hand them out to us the next morning in the deliberation room.

Its also strange that some courts do not provide transcripts of testimonies. I am glad we did have transcripts available if we wanted a read back on a certain witness or witnesses.

Now I know sometimes there are things used as exhibits only and I have seen jurors ask for those and are denied since they aren't actual evidence and used for demonstrative purposes only by either side.

Is it known if Shayne gave a deposition and was videoed to investigators and if it can be used in this trial?

I've been trying to find the answer to that but have been unable to find anything yet. I usually *assume* they document every interview, especially with a murder suspect or his friends via notes and or video, but then again, the testimony today has made me doubt a little bit of that.

IMHO

I am glad to see that Nick and Nick and their callers think the response that morning was strange...from the mother, from Clint and a simple call to LE and all of a sudden they have TBI out there in record time because an adult woman walked into the woods with a guy in camo during hunting season. Most of the time a certain amount of time has to pass if an adult goes missing which she really was not.

Something IS VERY OFF WITH THIS WHOLE CASE.

:seeya:

1st BBM: I enjoy Nick and Nick, and their callers ... very interesting to listen to !

2nd RBBM: DING DING DING !!!

Yep ... the TBI was out there in record time - and it took them 3 years to investigate the A perps ? Really ?

:gaah: and :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member