Zach Adams on trial for the kidnapping and murder of Holly Bobo- Sept 15 & 16, 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jason was there when the body was disposed of? I thought he left to go meet his wife/girlfriend after ZA shot her and asked a few days later what he finally did with the body.

He talked about how they got her out of the truck, he testified they were going to gut her so her body wouldn't float in the water and she would sink. She wasn't disposed of right there, but he did attempt to help his buddy (ZA) that day. He even endeavored on a later day to kill ZA's brother, at his request, but they were spotted on the water in the boat and conversed with someone else who was fishing, so JA abandoned that plan. He was prepared to go through with it and admitted this on the stand.

Did the testimony of Jason Autry, friend of ZA, SA, and the others not convince you he participated in the disposal of HB's remains that day? Do you have doubt that his story of seeing ZA shoot HB with that pistol is true? Do you think Autry made it all up that he saw HB wrapped in a multi-color barn blanket in the back of ZA's truck and they both thought she was dead, only to find out she wasn't? What about his testimony he went to the grandma's dilapidated barn to check if there was any evidence left inside since he learned that's where HB was taken and raped? He not only knew and helped dispose of HB's remains, he knew details of the rape itself, as told to him by ZA. He was the star witness and he nailed the coffin shut on ZA being the one who killed HB.

It doesn't matter what the defense attempts to show or suggest, the state is knocking down each grenade thrown by the defense in their re-direct.
I agree as a local I've watched this unfold from day 1 of Holly's disappearance. There's no doubt in my mind ZA is a psychopath and responsible for this along with the others and I have no doubts the jury will find so also. Autry knew way too many details to be just making something up. I believe what he said is as close to the truth as it'll get unless Zack decides to confess on the stand which I highly doubt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I think it's easier for some to get sidelined in a case and get off in the weeds, which is exactly what the defense usually tries to do. I always ask myself, "so what does this have to do with determining if the guy on trial was the rapist and killer?"

So what if Karen B lied about something. Does that change the fact her daughter was kidnapped, raped, and murdered? Was HB's brother involved in his sister's kidnapping, rape, and murder? No, then so what? It's just noise. It doesn't make ZA innocent. I try to avoid the noise as much as I can and go with the evidence and see if there is testimony that links the person on trial to the crime.

In this case ZA's own statements link him, along with the testimony of a friend who was with him that day. The guy who traded morphine pills for the gun (the gun that was used to kill HB) testified. ZA hid his truck in this guy's shop after disposing of HB's body. He spilled the beans to the TBI and tried to help them.

I would imagine prosecution knows a lot more than they can present at trial. No telling how much information they got from Austin before his suicide.

I'm hopeful for justice (ie the guilty get fried), not just to find someone to blame. Some notes from what I'm seeing ...

1 Tillicum, in relation to JA's story, they have absolutely nothing from SA to back it up ...and maybe direct contradiction.

SA's story was that he had no involvement in her kidnapping or murder whatsoever, and was solely involved in disposing of her body after her death. That of course is a direct contradiction with JA's story that SA was up to his eyeballs in the HB crimes.

2 In relation to JA's story, we have to recognize that it's just a story, from a guy who has every reason to lie, who is telling this story in hopes of getting favors from the prosecution, and who wants the blame to be pointed elsewhere. So at this point, we don't actually KNOW anything that ZA did or said, but we do know what JA claims that ZA did or said.

JA's story is that he innocently rolled up on them with no involvement, no idea, she was already mostly dead before he got there, and he had no say in the matter, and so on, a story absolving himself of any involvement in just about everything that happened to HB, yet somehow given full access and knowledge of it all so that he can give an eyewitness story. Hmmm. To me, way too "convenient" that he has painted himself as such an innocent, so then i gotta wonder how far the lies go.

I also go "wait, what" with all the bizarre added detail about everyone else. Is that a ploy to add "extra" to make himself look good by making everyone else look bad, hopefully? His "truth" includes gratuitous claims of CB wanting to get into the meth biz, of voluntary mentorship for him in that pursuit from ZA, and of incest between ZA and DA, and more, and all those in a single tale? Hmmm. I am aware that when liars want to convince, they add more detail, eye-popping detail, and the bigger the lie then the bigger the extras they feel they need. What was the old comedy bit Jon Lovitz used to do, where he would keep amending his story until it was ludicrous, "that's the ticket"? It feels like some of that, perhaps.

3 So I gotta consider, lacking any corroboration, that one possibility is what JA said. And another is that JA is an expert liar, and maybe the truth is that the kidnapper was SA, the mastermind and partner was JA, maybe they killed her, and maybe ZA had absolutely nothing to do with it. And maybe the truth is neither of those, and then a 3rd option. Who knows, without something to back up the stories besides a tale.

4 I'm also skeptical at how good the ZAs defense atty will be in finding holes, even if it's all lies. But I'm hopeful for justice (ie the guilty get fried), not just finding someone to blame. There's a lot of trial left.

For anyone who is of the mindset that Autry had enough time to review discovery to create any story he wanted ----if he was so crafty and not telling the truth overall, don't you think he would have created a better story during the hours of 7-8:30am than "I was viewing wildlife" and waiting for Zach to wake up before I called him for meth?

I mean, how ridiculous was that! He's a meth head. Zach is a meth head. They would call each other at any time of day.

Wildlife and watching birds sing!!

I'm actually amazed he didn't "think up" a better story than that for that time lapse.

If he is such a great, rehearsed liar, on all of the rest of it, he surely screwed up on a story for the exact time Holly was abducted.

Just sayin'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He talked about how they got her out of the truck, he testified they were going to gut her so her body wouldn't float in the water and she would sink. She wasn't disposed of right there, but he did attempt to help his buddy (ZA) that day. He even endeavored on a later day to kill ZA's brother, at his request, but they were spotted on the water in the boat and conversed with someone else who was fishing, so JA abandoned that plan. He was prepared to go through with it and admitted this on the stand.

I think the credible witness left out the part about how he was there and violated Holly along with the rest of the degenerates and that's why he was alarmed when he realized she was still alive.

Shayne committed suicide so one can make their own determination about his culpability in HB's rape and murder.

Jason Autry claims he was right there, in the truck with ZA, and saw HB's body and saw her get shot. If that's untrue, ZA is free to take the stand and explain what actually happened and help impeach Autry's testimony.

Other witnesses testifying saw Shayne with ZA that day. The last guy on the stand today said SA and ZA were arguing over who was going to "hit it first." He didn't understand the context at the time since he didn't know HB had been kidnapped, but he later came to understand what and who they were talking about.

And where are the cell phone texts between these folks? Ok we got an education on the pings today. They are more general an area.

But no one texted among this group at all? To say anything, even if it weren't directly as I get they weren't wanting to put stuff in writing.

But even so much to get text transcripts for when they texted about wanting to get drugs from each other. There are times on those texts right?

And what would be indicative by any text is if someone is texting someone else, they are NOT with that person at that moment so it should, along with general area cell phone pings, create a timeline of who was at least not together at certain times.

Maybe cell phone text transcripts will come into play at some point. I would think so!

I'm probably naive and people doing drugs just never text anyone about it to keep it out of writing.

But certainly they called each other too and would have a timeline of when and who made calls to who. Maybe this evidence isn't that strong.

I just still feel like we are in a trial of the 80/90s if we are not talking about any text messages.

I think the credible witness left out the part about how he was there and violated Holly along with the rest of the degenerates and that's why he was alarmed when he realized she was still alive.

Possibly, but he made a deal with the state and in exchange for that deal he agreed to testify. Felony murder rule means everyone involved in any part of the crime, even if they didn't personally shoot the victim themselves, could be charged with first degree murder.

Possibly, but he made a deal with the state and in exchange for that deal he agreed to testify. Felony murder rule means everyone involved in any part of the crime, even if they didn't personally shoot the victim themselves, could be charged with first degree murder.

Autry is a suspect in Bobo's death and faces murder and rape charges as well.

Court documents showed federal authorities have promised immunity to Autry, but state prosecutors have only promised to possibly reduce his charges pending his cooperation in his co-defendant Zach Adams' trial.

http://wreg.com/2017/09/11/holly-bobo-murder-trial-to-start-monday/

Motive for ZA and the others to kill HB:

They knew they were going to rape her. They didn't want to get caught and if they left her alive she would be able to identify them and they would be caught immediately and end up in prison for decades and possibly life. So, to keep that from happening, she had to die and they had to get rid of the body so it wouldn't be found, so they wouldn't be caught and go to prison.

I think it's as simple and as complicated as that.

As the prosecutor said during his opening, "they almost got away with it, but ZA couldn't stop talking and people knew he was involved."

Just thought of something. Holly's mom said the panties belonged to Holly since she did the laundry. So it's still possible the panties are Holly's but just don't have HER DNA. Maybe they DO have the mother's which would tie them to Holly.

It is plausible that Holly took a spare set of underwear in her backpack (change at gym, that time of month, etc). 🤔

Good thinking! :websleuther:

Motive for ZA and the others to kill HB:

They knew they were going to rape her. They didn't want to get caught and if they left her alive she would be able to identify them and they would be caught immediately and end up in prison for decades and possibly life. So, to keep that from happening, she had to die and they had to get rid of the body so it wouldn't be found, so they wouldn't be caught and go to prison.

I think it's as simple and as complicated as that.

As the prosecutor said during his opening, "they almost got away with it, but ZA couldn't stop talking and people knew he was involved."

That's enough for me for sure. Going back to what you said about the "noise", yes, I hear you. I am hopeful this jury sees through to the core of what is presented here. Hoping some other physical evidence - nail polish flecks or whatever small things they can prove, do the job.

It is hopeful for sure that only half the pieces of evidence in this case have been brought up to this point. Lots to go and more to see and prosecution is on a roll and hope they bring more.

And that they save some good evidence for the end. The fact that Autry spoke so soon, more days away from his testimony allows room for "the noise" to muddle things for the jury. So the prosecution needs to stick the landing, and have some major nuggets toward the end too for the jury's sake.

It appears though that her age was the least of the lies and the defense attorney knows of more that are more significant.

Just jumping off this post...

Clint was 26 years old when Holly was abducted...

am I correct?

TIA!...:seeya:

We collectively....well, I feel like we did earlier today....determined no way. He has 4 people on his attorney team and HE initially paid for them and hired them. The state just happens to be paying for them now. But he got who he wanted. So no way. (Which is good!!!!)

Thank you...

After reading further posts I am encouraged there is only a very slim chance the case will need a retrial due to the questionable professionalism of the Defense Attorney.

:seeya:

Very true. But fwiw, SA's statement as to "who did what" did not back up what JA said. To his death and after (via his atty), SA always maintained he had nothing to do with the crimes against HB (kidnapping, rape, or murder).

"impeach Autry's testimony"
"The last guy on the stand today said SA and ZA were arguing over who was going to "hit it first.""

Did JA testify that he "hit it" and does his story include (or allow for) him arguing with SA about who was going to do it first? If not, who do we believe here?

JAs story and Victor Dinsmore's story sort of match as far as this was concerned.

JA did testify that ZA and SA got in a fight and that Shawn said "you didn't have to kill her" and Zach said "I even let you hit her first" which is when a punch was delivered and Victor came out to break up the fight.

Victor testified he heard them fighting about "who was gonna hit her first".

So slight change of words but overall gist of fight had similarities.

But you notice, one was past tense, the other was present. However, Victor did not know who "she" was or who they were talking about. They were at his place of work and he didn't need the fight and all he heard was who was gonna hit her first,

Both Victor and Autry claim this fight happened on the 13th, two days after Holly's abduction.

With Victor not knowing who this was about or realizing it until years later (just like the gun), I don't know that he heard or thought about the phrase and what tense it was in.

Autry was clear that it was past tense (he did not have to clarify this at all) but by this time, she was dead and he had already done the trying to dispose of her body two days earlier...their fight was more instigated by Shawn mad at Zach for killing her.

So to me Victor came in on the end of what he heard on this fight and stopped it. Lines up perfectly with Autry's story.

Shayne not Shawn. My mistake above. It's late whew!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members