Zach Adams on trial for the kidnapping and murder of Holly Bobo- Sept 15 & 16, 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The barn was on Yellow Springs Rd. across the street from JA and S.A. grandparent' s house. I believe it was testified that it was on extra acreage there.

This is a good question and I can tell you for sure how one defense attorney handled this. I saw him interviewed about a crime show.

The defense attorney can defend a client best when they know the truth about what happened so one good tactic a defense attoreny can use is to have his client talk in hypothetical terms when it comes down to the details of the crime they are alleged to commit.

For example the client can say to the attorney:

"Lets pretend that on Tuesday the 5th I walked in on my spouse and saw her in bed with a lover. Lets theorize that I went into a rage and grabbed the fireplace poker and hit him over the head with it.....etc....etc."

This tactic works very well and covers both the defendent and the attorney.

Also with attorney client priveleges the defenendent is usually reminded of that by the attorney and can feel comfortable to open up about the details. Which is very important so that the attorney can help defend him and not have any surprises during the trial.
Thanks. I guess attorney client privilege is what I should read up on. I do not envy the conscientious lawyer trying to fulfill their duties . Even more so, I do not envy judges since their job is to look out for both the defense and the state. The only two trials Ive ever watched this much are this one and the Sidney Moorer trial. In both cases, in my opinion, the judges dont hide their honest opinions very well.

^^ RBBM

It was a few days before Holly's kidnapping, but IDK how many.

The Coon Hunt was 4 days before H's kidnapping.

Everything is falling into place for the prosecution imo
The white truck was spotted 10-12 days earlier. Or maybe she said anywhere from a few days before to 10-12 days before.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

My take is.....none of these four men should ever be out in society. They are evil and non productive in any way.

you know that is a perfect summary of my thoughts...that is why even with slight doubt I would have not problem voting for guilty here knowing it would take such an evil guy off the streets hopefully forever. DP is another story.

Thanks. I guess attorney client privilege is what I should read up on. I do not envy the conscientious lawyer trying to fulfill their duties . Even more so, I do not envy judges since their job is to look out for both the defense and the state. The only two trials Ive ever watched this much are this one and the Sidney Moorer trial. In both cases, in my opinion, the judges dont hide their honest opinions very well.

I agree it would be a hard profession to be a criminal defense attorney and it takes a special type person to be able to do it well.

I am willing to bet that a lot of times when a defense attorney knows their client is truly guilty with a lot of evidence against them then their expectations are probably to get the least sentence possible and not necessarily have the expectation that they will get them off scott free but to just try to get them a lower sentence than what they would have gotten without good representation.

Depends. I think some lawyers don't want to know because it an hinder their actions during the trial. Say she knew the whole story. She could not try to place the blame on someone else. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

No, you're right. If the attorney knows certain facts they can't argue against them. That was an issue in the Van Dam trial here in California. After the trial it was discovered that the defendant had confessed to his attorneys but they still said he was innocent and tried pointing fingers at everyone else (the swingers from the parties etc)

I know there was something done (or attempted to be done) to the attorneys because that is improper. Not sure what happened though.

Thanks so much for all of you who posted the tweets and trial info. For me, reading the totality of the information convinced me of Zach's guilt. IMO, the defense has an uphill climb...

Bless the Bobo family....I particularly feel sad for her mother. What a courageous, loyal woman.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

As to the bolded, my Dad used to go in front of one strict judge that seemed to dislike Dad. He always denied his motions, over rode his objections and even 'scolded' him in front of juries. My Dad hated having this judge preside over his trials. :judge:

Then one day Dad got a call from the judge at his law office. The judge's grandson had gotten in a bit of trouble with some drugs in the trunk of his car, and he asked my Dad to take the case. LOL

That happens when a poster posts embedded tweets. Some folks do that, other do copy/paste so that folks on phones can see also

:moo:

works the same for my iPads ... I never see embedded tweets :notgood:

I do use full-site version.

Defense attorneys can say things in court that they cannot prove. They really don't have to prove their client innocent; they only need to instill reasonable doubt of his guilt and they often do that by suggesting other perps.
Thank you. I don't believe they can lie. If ZA told his attorney he did it. She can not say he didnt.

:tyou:

In case others want to see all combined, I've taken your tweets and put all in chronological order.

4:54a - 8:18a – Zach – no activity (Holly's phone is moving near Cox Rd @ 641/I40)
6:50a - Jason-- near Camden (GF house) text
6:51a - 8:19a – Jason -- no pings
7:30a - 7:40a - Holly -- home area
7:42a - Holly -- last outgoing call
8:17a - Holly -- going north I40
8:17a - 8:26a – Holly -- ping off 2 different towers
8:19a – Zach - incoming text From JA
8:19a - 8:55a – Jason - Phone pings same tower as ZA & Holly's (Cox Rd @ 641/I40)
8:30a – Zach -- outgoing text to JA
8:30a - 8:52a Zach with JA-- texting back & forth
8:53a – Zach - phone call - near Yellow Springs & Adams house (Holly's pinged twice just after 9 near where Adams' phone pings - by Yellow Springs near Cox Rd)
8:55a – Jason phone - Autry, Adams & Holly's all shown in same area (same tower)
~9:00a – Holly - Yellow Springs area
9:06a –Holly - East of Shiloh Rd @ Cox & I40/641 (3rd tower pinged)
9:10a – Holly - Sugar Tree near Tennessee River
9:10a - 10:43a -Zach - texts between ZA & Shayne Austin @ Birdsong
9:12a – Zach -Yellow Springs
9:25a – Holly - pings near home - final ping - sim & phone found in this area.
9:42a - 10:48a – Jason phone -- pings near Tenn River near Birdsong Rd
9:50a – Zach - Tennessee River
10:39a – Jason - phone again pings near Cox Rd.
11a - 12p – Zach - in Parsons (video store w/GF)

Can someone help me with the pings vs incoming/outgoing calls?

If a call is made to Holly's phone but she doesn't answer is that just a ping? Reason I'm asking is that it seems like she should have had a lot more incoming (not answered) calls since I'm sure her mother was blowing up her phone trying to reach her.

If the unanswered calls only generated a ping, where is the ping for the time she walked into the woods and her brother says he called her?

And if the unanswered calls generated the pings why wouldn't law enforcement want to keep calling to get a better idea of location? (More pings means better idea if she's still moving or stopped.)

Thanks

If I were on the jury as of today I could convict him but I don't see enough evidence to give him the death penalty. I hope they have more to seal it. Not that I necessarily want to be put to death. But I do want him on death row so he has no privileges.

If I were on the jury as of today I could convict him but I don't see enough evidence to give him the death penalty. I hope they have more to seal it. Not that I necessarily want to be put to death. But I do want him on death row so he has no privileges.

Agreed...I'm not a death penalty fan and believe it will be highly restricted in the next 5 years...guilty puts him in jail for life with no parole.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Can someone help me with the pings vs incoming/outgoing calls?

If a call is made to Holly's phone but she doesn't answer is that just a ping? Reason I'm asking is that it seems like she should have had a lot more incoming (not answered) calls since I'm sure her mother was blowing up her phone trying to reach her.

If the unanswered calls only generated a ping, where is the ping for the time she walked into the woods and her brother says he called her?

And if the unanswered calls generated the pings why wouldn't law enforcement want to keep calling to get a better idea of location? (More pings means better idea if she's still moving or stopped.)

Thanks
Her phone could've been turned off. LE requested her phone be pinged. Those pings could have been from the phone company. A phone doesn't need to be on to be pinged.

Question: Who do you think abducted Holly in the carport?
A. SA
B. ZA
C. Someone else

I think SA could have? And Zach was in the truck? Or vice versa...?
I think ZA called the shots and SA was the follower. SA abducted HB in the carport at ZA's commands so that if anything went awry ZA could just drive off leaving SA to be the fall guy.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

The white truck was spotted 10-12 days earlier. Or maybe she said anywhere from a few days before to 10-12 days before.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Ten to twelve days, more or less, sounds like the right amount of time to case the area and get specifics on Holly's schedule, times she left and returned on certain days of the week. I am still convinced that ZA targeted her, planned his attack, then went in for the kill. I think SA was in on all of it.

Thank you. I don't believe they can lie. If ZA told his attorney he did it. She can not say he didnt.

No, but they can suggest that someone else did, hoping that the jury will consider that a possibility.

Ten to twelve days, more or less, sounds like the right amount of time to case the area and get specifics on Holly's schedule, times she left and returned on certain days of the week. I am still convinced that ZA targeted her, planned his attack, then went in for the kill. I think SA was in on all of it.
Could you retell the white truck incident, the where, who, etc? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member