Zach Adams on trial for the kidnapping and murder of Holly Bobo- Sept 15 & 16, 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree it would be a hard profession to be a criminal defense attorney and it takes a special type person to be able to do it well.

I am willing to bet that a lot of times when a defense attorney knows their client is truly guilty with a lot of evidence against them then their expectations are probably to get the least sentence possible and not necessarily have the expectation that they will get them off scott free but to just try to get them a lower sentence than what they would have gotten without good representation.

Likely the goal for this defense if they are realistic is to get him off some of the charges...maybe the rape but mostly to present such a case that they won't go for the dp. They are out to save his life.

Thanks so much for all of you who posted the tweets and trial info. For me, reading the totality of the information convinced me of Zach's guilt. IMO, the defense has an uphill climb...

Bless the Bobo family....I particularly feel sad for her mother. What a courageous, loyal woman.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Of course I feel for all of the family but something about the father is so sad...even today...he looks beaten down and so sad and every bit of it shows on his face. I cannot imagine going thru this and not getting him convicted...but I never trust 100% a jury.

I would sooner believe Dylan than anyone else in that whole outfit. I also believe that if he is guilty of anything or convicted of anything he should serve his time in a SECURE mental facility. It would take some doing to make him feel safe enough to tell it ALL, including the sexual abuse at the hands of his older Brother. When animals such as these are high it is unbelievable how they have no conscience or druthers as to what the will do. I have no doubts that the things Dylan has seen, been made part of are things that scary movies have not even been made yet.

It was said that the only time Zach showed any real noticeable reactions to testimony was when Jason exposed that Zach had Dylan "**** them off" to get them erect to do the act of rape with Holly. It was quickly objected to but nevertheless was said.

If not for hearsay rules there is so much more that all could know. After all a good deal of the testimony was and has been on the local T***x blog for years.

JMO

either way for me.

I had been assuming it was Zach. But hearing the witness speaking about the Coon Hunt made me think about SA possibly being more involved.

And I agree with others that Zach was the ringleader, and would send his minions out to do the dangerous work, while he stayed behind the wheel, so he could leave quickly to save his own sorry arse, if need be. JMO

I think ZA called the shots and SA was the follower. SA abducted HB in the carport at ZA's commands so that if anything went awry ZA could just drive off leaving SA to be the fall guy.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

This sounds like how it happened to me. But it's purely speculation. Could have been the other way around just as easily.

Wonder if they used walkie talkies at all....sounds old school but if one was in the truck this might make the most sense.

Would be nice to see Shayne's phone records too (I get that the prosecution may have more direct points to make with whatever they have left and maybe SA's phone records don't do much for the case against Zach....hard to ask a dead guy, I get it, and can't tell the same story through another witness.)

I know literally nothing about Shayne Austin other than he was creeping Candace/Holly out at the Coon Hunt, so while I think it was Shayne is the one in the carport, and Zach is the one in the truck, my questions still linger because nothing has been shared on Shayne.

I just don't know about what Shayne's rap sheet is, if any, and his capacity mentally/emotionally/aggressively to cause that blood from Holly in the carport. Like how into this was he? Was it Zach pushing the master plan and Shayne thought it was a good idea to go along with for the rape, but was more the follower to "help" after Zach did the abduction instead?

I think ZA leaving SA to be the fall guy like you mention is an excellent theory.

From everything we have seen from Zach, I feel he is a cold-blooded killer. Shayne, i just don't know, especially if Autry's story rings true with the fight where Shayne said "you didn't have to kill her." Makes me wonder if Shayne knew they were going to kill her before they abducted her or not? Or if he just hadn't thought it through that far. Don't get me wrong, I don't think Shayne is a good guy here.

I'm so sad for what happened to her. It makes me want to take a self defense class tomorrow and tell everyone I know to do the same.

Whatever the case, both ZA and SA as of right now seem like the perpetrators along with JA.

I would sooner believe Dylan than anyone else in that whole outfit. I also believe that if he is guilty of anything or convicted of anything he should serve his time in a SECURE mental facility. It would take some doing to make him feel safe enough to tell it ALL, including the sexual abuse at the hands of his older Brother. When animals such as these are high it is unbelievable how they have no conscience or druthers as to what the will do. I have no doubts that the things Dylan has seen, been made part of are things that scary movies have not even been made yet.

JMO

Hearing the claim that ZA wanted his little brother killed was shocking. Could JA be lying about all of that?

This sounds like how it happened to me. But it's purely speculation. Could have been the other way around just as easily.

Wonder if they used walkie talkies at all....sounds old school but if one was in the truck this might make the most sense.

Would be nice to see Shayne's phone records too (I get that the prosecution may have more direct points to make with whatever they have left and maybe SA's phone records don't do much for the case against Zach....hard to ask a dead guy, I get it, and can't tell the same story through another witness.)

I know literally nothing about Shayne Austin other than he was creeping Candace/Holly out at the Coon Hunt, so while I think it was Shayne is the one in the carport, and Zach is the one in the truck, my questions still linger because nothing has been shared on Shayne.

I just don't know about what Shayne's rap sheet is, if any, and his capacity mentally/emotionally/aggressively to cause that blood from Holly in the carport. Like how into this was he? Was it Zach pushing the master plan and Shayne thought it was a good idea to go along with for the rape, but was more the follower to "help" after Zach did the abduction instead?

I think ZA leaving SA to be the fall guy like you mention is an excellent theory.

From everything we have seen from Zach, I feel he is a cold-blooded killer. Shayne, i just don't know, especially if Autry's story rings true with the fight where Shayne said "you didn't have to kill her." Makes me wonder if Shayne knew they were going to kill her before they abducted her or not? Or if he just hadn't thought it through that far. Don't get me wrong, I don't think Shayne is a good guy here.

I'm so sad for what happened to her. It makes me want to take a self defense class tomorrow and tell everyone I know to do the same.

Whatever the case, both ZA and SA as of right now seem like the perpetrators along with JA.

I wish we knew more about the legal implications of using any prior statements/testimony /reports about a deceased witness/defendant. They might not be able to introduce his phone records because the law about the defense not being able to cross the witness about the evidence.

I am not sure how extensive that restriction is.

Hearing the claim that ZA wanted his little brother killed was shocking. Could JA be lying about all of that?

I don't think so. Sounded as real as ever to me. Zach went to all lengths to cover his own butt and I don't know why, but if not, it seems like that would be quite a story with the guy identifying them fishing and all (only reason Dylan lived). Just a big waste of time that I wouldn't think Autry has the inclination to make up. He seemed very disgusted by it. It sounds real to me. I do believe Dylan was likely sexually abused by his older brother all his life. This was just the 99th time.

It's so disturbing and just makes me want to adopt some more kids. As a mom of 2, who loves her kids more than anything, it just saddens me to see something like this where monsters have been created. Don't know what happened in their childhood but some serious parent bonding time was not spent. So sick. So sad. And the affect on Holly, her family, and the community is forever. It's excruciating painful how sad it is for that family. I'm so glad Holly is with the angels. Bless her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish we knew more about the legal implications of using any prior statements/testimony /reports about a deceased witness/defendant. They might not be able to introduce his phone records because the law about the defense not being able to cross the witness about the evidence.

I am not sure how extensive that restriction is.

Great point. I have no idea. Someone may be able to chime in here.

Can someone help me with the pings vs incoming/outgoing calls?

If a call is made to Holly's phone but she doesn't answer is that just a ping? Reason I'm asking is that it seems like she should have had a lot more incoming (not answered) calls since I'm sure her mother was blowing up her phone trying to reach her.

If the unanswered calls only generated a ping, where is the ping for the time she walked into the woods and her brother says he called her?

And if the unanswered calls generated the pings why wouldn't law enforcement want to keep calling to get a better idea of location? (More pings means better idea if she's still moving or stopped.)

Thanks
Calls are just calls AFAIK. Incoming/ outgoing completed, off, or VM etc.
A ping is a location signal. The phone puts out a "hello" on a predetermined interval. It's a "here I am send calls here"
The system will ping the phone as well - "Where are you" if no ping back all calls go to VM. When the phone is back on it will ping a 'Hello" to the nearest tower(s).

This is my understanding but of course I could have it wrong.

JMO

Great point. I have no idea. Someone may be able to chime in here.

Well we know they allowed Autry's and Dinsmore's testimony about Shane. I think they could show Shane's phone records but I'm 99% certain that they can't use any of his statements or testimony.

I don't think so. Sounded as real as ever to me. Zach went to all lengths to cover his own butt and I don't know why, but if not, it seems like that would be quite a story with the guy identifying them fishing and all (only reason Dylan lived). Just a big waste of time that I wouldn't think Autry has the inclination to make up. He seemed very disgusted by it. It sounds real to me. I do believe Dylan was likely sexually abused by his older brother all his life. This was just the 99th time.

It's so disturbing and just makes me want to adopt some more kids. As a mom of 2, who loves her kids more than anything, it just saddens me to see something like this where monsters have been created. Don't know what happened in their childhood but some serious parent bonding time was not spent. So sick. So sad. And the affect on Holly, her family, and the community is forever. It's excruciating painful how sad it is for that family. I'm so glad Holly is with the angels. Bless her.

Consider the fact that Jason spoke of that sex act posted before by me (it's hard to type it) and said "them" meaning it was not only Zach committing an incest act with his little Brother but also passing him around the room like a party favor.

The only part that I didn't believe was when Jason said that he told Zach it was "nasty". I don't believe with everything Jason has been party to or seen in prison that he considers anything "nasty". He just didn't want to expose his masculinity.

I believe much of Jason's testimony. Allowances made for leaving things out that reflect badly for him. He has seen the discovery, he knows what is there. When challenged by the defense he went along with most of it and she let him. She testified for him really and just allowed him to agree.

JMO

Of course I feel for all of the family but something about the father is so sad...even today...he looks beaten down and so sad and every bit of it shows on his face. I cannot imagine going thru this and not getting him convicted...but I never trust 100% a jury.
I agree about a jury. But this is a small community. I'm hoping that they know even more than we do about people in the community and other things that have been going on there out of this scope.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Ten to twelve days, more or less, sounds like the right amount of time to case the area and get specifics on Holly's schedule, times she left and returned on certain days of the week. I am still convinced that ZA targeted her, planned his attack, then went in for the kill. I think SA was in on all of it.

I'm still amazed they went for her without knowing Clint's schedule that well. I mean, who would try to abduct her while her brother is actually there?

I mean it's almost a complete yahoo thing to do to assume you are going to get past the brother? I mean your average thief has better instincts and planning than that.

While they may have succeeded until years later, but geez, it was just by chance and lucky. Super poor planning.

I am an old woman, seen lots of bad stuff. I work in a big operating room, in a large city (lots of crime). I live in a small country area. I am shocked by all this evil. I don't shock easily. I think the combination of Meth and little to no family values has created monsters. Can this kind of evil be going on in little places all over the map? It really looks like it is. These people don't work. They survive by taking advantage of other people....hard working, good people.

I now look at other people differently. I see young men who have the appearance of meth heads and I wonder what kind of activity they have been up to. I am no stranger to addiction, several family member had and are still fighting the addiction battle. I can see how you can not hold a job or maintain family relationships when all you can do is think about your next high. What I don't understand is how these men had no regard for an innocent life.

The evil in this world has jaded my thinking....and I hate that. I want my grandchildren to grow up in a world where kindness and love is what they see, not crime, hate, and selfishness. Yes, I am dreaming. Hold your babies close and love them. I don't think these animals every had anyone to read them a bed time story, be there when they had a bad dream, support them in sports. I know many people did not have that either and they didn't grow up and become an animal.

It makes me sad.

I'm still amazed they went for her without knowing Clint's schedule that well. I mean, who would try to abduct her while her brother is actually there?

I mean it's almost a complete yahoo thing to do to assume you are going to get past the brother? I mean your average thief has better instincts and planning than that.

While they may have succeeded until years later, but geez, it was just by chance and lucky. Super poor planning.

I believe Clint testified he had been parking his truck outside the carport until the night of the 10th when space opened up and he could park inside. If they had been stalking her and doing drive bys they would have seen Clints vehicle. That morning they wouldn't have seen it and expected Clint to be gone

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Yes, poor would be the word for it. But that does not mean their plan was not well thought out, at least to their way of thinking.

If you are familiar with the Jodi Arias case, she planned for weeks, maybe even months! prior to making her trip to slaughter her ex. Her attention to detail in the planning phase was phenomenal and still she messed up in executing her plan. She left a lot of evidence on the scene, the crime was messier than she had imagined it would be, it took longer than she had planned, evidenced by her arrival at her alibi destination many hours later than had been expected.

Most of the time, criminals find that once in motion their plan hits a glitch or two. I wish we could have heard from Austin; I think he would speak of what went right and what deviated from their original plan.

I think that defense attorney can know the details of the crime told to them by their client and they do not have to disclose that the client in guilty. Most of the defense attorneys I have seen speak out in the media said they tell their clients right upfront they do not want to know.

The thing with Steve Feldman who was David Westerfield's lawyer he did know 100% that the kidnapping pedophile murderer was guilty 1000%. DW had agreed to tell where he put little Danielle Van Dam's body and the DA was going to take the DP off the table. He had already drawn a map to the location. Feldman was on his way to the DAs office to seal the deal when the searchers found her little body so the DP was still on the table and he did get the DP. It was a horrible case and SF was so aggressive with her parents trying to get the jury to believe they were the ones who killed DVD or someone they knew. I will never forget that case and what could have happened if the jury fell for all of his accusatory lying bs questions against those he knew were innocent all along knowing in no way did they harm their daughter. At the time it put him at the top of the list of the defense lawyers I detested and then.............along came Baez and then Nurmi. :mad:

So if the client has told the defense attorney they are 100% guilty of the crime charged what they cant do is put the defendant on the stand to testify he/she is innocent knowing their client has confessed to them that they are guilty from the way I understand it. No longer could he exercise his 5th amendment to not incriminate himself.

I don't see ZA coming close to the witness stand much less testifying. Rarely do defendants testify in their own behalf. If he did testify all the things the Judge may have ruled inadmissible would all now become admissible. The ADA would like nothing better and I am sure she is hoping he does testify.

If ZA is convicted, and I think he will be.... during the sentencing phase every sickening thing he as ever done wrong in his life will come in against him even when he shot his mom in the knee, and many other criminal acts. I also think if convicted, he WILL receive the death penalty. It has all of the qualifiers and aggravating factors. He will have little if any mitigating factors and they will never offset the aggravating factors.

IMO

The testimony of the Cell Phone Expert Michael Frizell collaborates the testimony Jason Autry gave as to his and Zach's locations which proves they were where JA said they were, when they were.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper