Zach Adams on trial for the kidnapping and murder of Holly Bobo Sept 20 & 21, 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Autry held up his end of the bargain b/c he testified. They wouldn't have supported testimony that they thought was a lie so as far as I can tell he did what he agreed to do. I expect a plea deal coming for him.

yes doubt we would ever see a trial for JA....unless it is on his next crime.

The ex TBI agent in charge testified that Zach was not to have a gun due to being a "prior felon". If that was not bad enough he said "I'm sorry I should not have said that", so in case anybody missed it he brought more attention to it. Being a trained attorney he certainly knew better and I think he did it on purpose. No matter what happens in the verdict or sentencing now there is grounds for a mistrial. The Judge should have not only caught it but it caused grounds, and he knows it. He just wants this trial done and on time.

I would vote for guilty for Zach but not the death penalty. Too many unanswered questions and behind the scene political crap between TBI and DA that has lasted for years.

JMO

On the idea that he was a felon who wasn't supposed to have a gun......... no felons break the law and have guns, right? Two felons in this case had guns--- the convicted sex offender, and the other convicted rapist who bought the gun and gave it to his wife. But, the "idiots" would obey the law and not have guns. By Dicus' logic, the "idiots" with felonies would buy or do drugs either. Just on that the Dicus showed his hand big time.

I agree he did it on purpose for precisely the reason for an appeal. Why is he so convinced that the 'idiots" didn't do this? Why can't he wrap his head around the newer evidence? Bitterness?

When is Dylan scheduled to go to trial?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I think if Zack is found guilty Dylan will take a plea deal of life with out parole. Jmo and will be interesting to see.
Never thought of this but would Tennessee put Dylan to death with a 70 IQ?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I think if Zack is found guilty Dylan will take a plea deal of life with out parole. Jmo and will be interesting to see.
Never thought of this but would Tennessee put Dylan to death with a 70 IQ?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The cutoff for the death penalty is 70.

I am not sure I believe he is incompetent or this is his true IQ. If so then his lawyer in the federal gun case would have made the argument he was incompetent, and wouldn't be able to understand the charges against him, and would have had him evaluated back then. So he must have been evaluated and ruled competent knowing right from wrong as well even back then.

Dick Adams sitting where he did when he came back from testifying spoke volumes to me, and I doubt it was lost on the jury.

It's hard to know if the jury made too much of who was sitting where, but you have, respectfully. Early in the trial the judge instructed the spectators to fill both sides randomly, so as not to give some sort of idea to the jury as if the audience is somehow favoring one side or the other. We also saw times when HBs family and friends sat on what we might want to call "ZA's side." There really weren't designated sides.

Either the jury will believe BARD he is guilty or they wont. The jury is not to consider his punishment first. Their job is to find him either NG or G and then decide the sentence later.

You are correct in theory. But if I was on the jury, I probably couldn't follow the law to the letter here. I have some problems with the proof, to the degree that I couldn't truly get to BARD here (the gun evidence is worthless as to having proven a thing, so is the cell phone stuff, but ZA running his mouth is something I can't ignore even though "ZA said this or that to me" is the most unreliable type of primary proof, and there really is no primary proof in this case). But I also would be unwilling to vote NG and let him walk because of the degree of ZA supposedly running his mouth over the years, so I would have to "split the baby" and vote G for a crime that is clearly deserving of DP for the guilty, and then would be a staunch and unchangeable No for the death penalty,

It's hard to know if the jury made too much of who was sitting where, but you have, respectfully. Early in the trial the judge instructed the spectators to fill both sides randomly, so as not to give some sort of idea to the jury as if the audience is somehow favoring one side or the other. We also saw times when HBs family and friends sat on what we might want to call "ZA's side." There really weren't designated sides.

Of course I don't KNOW how the jury perceived it. No one knows anything about how they feel, that's a given. However, I think they had to fill both sides because there are so many there for Holly. Junkie friends don't usually come to court to support their friends accused of crime.

On that note, where did ZA's mom sit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know about a trial date but I was wondering if Dylan's and Jason Autry's trials would be live streamed too - I hope to watch those too

I agree with others that I bet JA ends up with some sort of plea deal which avoids a trial. Not sure about DA.

The interesting thing would be if JA ever did get on trial for this murder then I bet ZA would be "itching" to testify against him especially if he gets convicted and sentenced here. He would want revenge against JA.

Than again I suppose that any testimony he would provide could jeopardize his own future appeals so maybe he would not want to testify in any trial.

A little bit related to this would be like in other cases where the question comes up that once someone is convicted of murder and sentenced already and if they had a secret like where is the body? Then why dont they just come clean and tell the family where the body is. I think the reason is that the convicted persons always hold out hope that someday they may get a chance at an appeal or parole and they dont want to ever say or do anything that makes them appear more guilty than they already are. Even after their conviction and sentencing.

Its sad because some convicts will go to their grave professing their innocence and never let the family know where their loved one was hidden and disposed of.

Just took my dog for a long walk, thinking about the case and tomorrows deliberations.

I think that the upcoming closing arguments will have a big impact upon the jury. Right now it feels like things are kind of muddled and confusing.
There are reasonable arguments for both sides. I can easily make a case for voting Guilty, and I would do that if I had the chance.

But unfortunately there is also a possible explanation for a Not Guilty verdict too. This case reminds me way too much of the 2nd Aaron Hernandez trial.

recap day 9:
Testimony Resumes On Day 9 In Holly Bobo Trial
http://www.newschannel5.com/news/defense-could-rest-soon-in-holly-bobo-trial

HOLLY BOBO TRIAL, DAY 9: Third day of defense testimony begins
http://wreg.com/2017/09/20/day-9-third-day-of-defense-testimony-in-the-holly-bobo-murder-trial/

Defense rests case in Zach Adams murder trial
http://www.wbbjtv.com/2017/09/20/defense-rests-case-zach-adams-murder-trial/

Defense calls cell phone expert, US Marshal to testify in day 9 of Holly Bobo murder trial
http://www.wbbjtv.com/2017/09/20/de...arshal-testify-day-9-holly-bobo-murder-trial/

Marshals official says sex offender offered to make plea in Holly Bobo case
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/marsha...nder-offered-to-make-plea-in-holly-bobo-case/

Holly Bobo trial: Prosecution casts doubt on 'confession' by 'Chester the Molester'
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/2...-doubt-on-former-investigators-testimony.html

Holly Bobo trial Day 10: Closing arguments and jury deliberations to start
http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/new...r-trial-updates-what-know-thursday/684407001/

Just took my dog for a long walk, thinking about the case and tomorrows deliberations.

I think that the upcoming closing arguments will have a big impact upon the jury. Right now it feels like things are kind of muddled and confusing.
There are reasonable arguments for both sides. I can easily make a case for voting Guilty, and I would do that if I had the chance.

But unfortunately there is also a possible explanation for a Not Guilty verdict too. This case reminds me was too much of the 2nd Aaron Hernandez trial.

I agree with your thinking here...nothing like a walk to put things in perspective. The analogy to Hernandez has struck me too...a really bad guy but another very bad guy that could have done it too....Both JA and Alexander Bradley had some sort of ability to engender some positive feelings on the stand... very unique personalities and proud in a way of their badness...all it takes is one juror...I don't expect an acquittal but probably a split verdict which probably will not make the family happy.

*NEWSFLASH*

8 former Decatur County officials indicted after investigation

Eight former Decatur County government employees and officials were indicted after an investigation and audit by the Office of the Comptroller of Tennessee, according to a news release.
Also indicted were former mayoral administrative assistant Martha Graves, former EMA director James Kevin Cagle, former Solid Waste director Robert W. Haynes, former EMS director Mark R. Hayes, former Chief Deputy of the Decatur County Sheriff’s Department William Scott Cagle, and Pamela Brasher, former Jail Administrator of the Decatur County Sheriff’s Department.

The audit, which is expected to be released soon, revealed inconsistent and fraudulent accountings of compensation to several individuals. Among the charges of the various indictments include: theft of property, forgery and criminal responsibility for the actions of another.

More at Link: http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/new...cials-indicted-after-investigation/685953001/

Well it will be interesting to see how this goes. Wish I could have taken my Grand doggy for a walk. Instead I helped an older neighbor of my MIL set up an Amazon account. Order a Kindle, power cord. First part done in 5 min. The cover for the kindle well that was almost 2 hrs. of deciding. I'm good. I think. Maybe a good diversion from feeling so melancholy. I hate verdict watch and I cant even imagine what it's like for the loved one's.

If I was on this jury, I would vote guilty on all charges, even though I am not sure who actually did what among the A-team. I honestly would not shed a tear if any or all three got the needle, but having said that, I probably would vote for LWOP just because the evidence was less than overwhelming, imo. And I will be honest, and this is why I would never be selected to serve on a trial like this, but if by some freakishly miniscule chance, ZA did not have a role in this, he probably is past due to fry for something else he got away with at some point, and society would be better without him. JMO

A huge thank you to all who hung in here all these years and those providing the tweets. Sometimes I don't thank the tweets I cant see so not that I don't appreciate the time and effort. I followed this in the start and popped in over the years enough to stay updated a bit. I wasn't sure if I could but glad I did. The Christianson/Newsome (sp?) Trial literally brought me to my knees. There is a thread here but it is beyond horrific and enter with that in mind if inclined. Yet I am here and glad I am.

Just want to take this opportunity to thank everyone who posted tweets/videos/pictures/comments! There's definitely some very thought provoking posts from both sides of the fence here! Thanks very much everyone!

Do we have demographic of Jury?

We don't. One evening as I was watching videos and trying to see past stuff that had happened, and I 'think' it was on Lawnewz...there were two people talking. One man said he wasn't allowed in the court room because he had mentioned the occupation of two jurors, so the judge banned him from the courtroom!

[video=twitter;910676937978318848]https://twitter.com/NC5_ChrisConte/status/910676937978318848[/video]

[video=twitter;910671697090613248]https://twitter.com/courtcam17/status/910671697090613248[/video]

One thing I don't understand is why anyone is questioning lack of evidence that ZA kidnapped Holly. If he had her in his truck (or anywhere) against her will he kidnapped her.

Kidnapping of Holly is not limited to the minute she was taken into the woods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay