Zach Adams on trial for the kidnapping and murder of Holly Bobo Sept 20 & 21, 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. I'm confused here. If I'm reading this correctly. Holly wa kidnapped at 7:40. Was seen walking into the woods by her brother. By 8:55 Jason Autry is apparently on his way to meet Zach to buy some drugs. At 8:30 Zach is texting back and forth with Jason about drugs and where to meet or whatever.

Am I supposed to believe that Zach Shayne and Dylan all raped Holly between 8:17 and 8:55, in a barn.... Zach was texting Jason. Dylan was giving out *advertiser censored*. Then holly was wrapped in a blanket and inthe back of a truck by 8:55. Is that something that happens in 38 minutes ?
I'm also confused where Jason's involvement ends. At some point he says he has to go meet his old lady and he has Zach drop him off at his car but Holly is still in the truck when he leaves, only now she's certainly dead ?

Help?

Remember these are addicts, fairly heavy users at that. They are not regularly employed. Truthfully, meth heads can't sustain almost anything let alone a job. 38 minutes to rape and abuse Holly doesn't seem like a short time given who they are and their drug use. Meth heads have great ideas but little ability to sustain. I would hazard that as soon as each finished raping her, they were done and it didn't take long. (My hope for Holly was that she was not fully cognizant or aware of what was happening at this point, just because of the terror.) Just like when she was dead she was no longer needed but an issue that just needed to be disposed of. I posted below from Promises.com to give a snapshot of how meth changes the brain. If you think of this crime as being done by meth heads who use codeine, Xanax, and pot as part of a plan to mediate the meth and function, then, it would make sense that this whole thing happened in a blink of an eye by people who didn't think about Holly as a human but rather just another receptacle for meeting their needs.

"Methamphetamine is particularly dangerous to repeated users because it triggers larger changes in the brain’s pleasure center than either amphetamine or cocaine (the two other most well-known addictive stimulants). In addition, the drug stays in circulation much longer than cocaine. These characteristics help explain methamphetamine’s notable power as an addictive substance. Officially, people addicted to the drug have a condition called stimulant use disorder.

When taken repeatedly over time, methamphetamine can produce lasting damage in the nerve cells located in the brain’s pleasure center, as well as nerve cells in other locations. In addition, the drug is known for its damaging effects on support cells in the brain that help protect nerve cells from contagious microorganisms and remove degraded nerve cells from active duty. Known potential consequences of methamphetamine’s impact on brain health include memory impairment, memory loss, a reduced ability to think clearly or logically, a reduced ability to maintain focus and attention, and a reduced ability to regulate violent or aggressive urges. The drug’s brain impact can also lead to the highly debilitating state called psychosis, which commonly includes symptoms such as sensory hallucinations, delusional and paranoid thought processes and the abnormal repetition of certain body movements. Some of the damaging brain effects of chronic methamphetamine use may be permanent, while others may resolve partially or fully if a meth user stops using the drug for extended periods of time." ---from Promises.com

More meth information---

"Drug abuse almost always becomes habitual simply because the user likes the way the drug makes them feel. Pleasurable, euphoric feelings are produced in our brains by the chemical dopamine. Every single drug that’s abused including alcohol and cigarettes causes excess dopamine to be released from our brain. No other drug on the market causes your brain to produce more dopamine that methamphetamine.

It produces such a windfall of the chemical that over time, excessive meth use actually destroys the part of your brain that creates dopamine, making it impossible for those afflicted with meth addiction to feel pleasure. In addition to the complete destruction of the dopamine receptors in the brain, chronic meth abuse can also lead to psychotic behavior including paranoia, insomnia, anxiety, intense aggression, delusions and hallucinations and even death."

from http://www.drugrehabfl.net/the-physical-and-psychological-effects-of-meth-addiction/

Okay - how's this Harmony

April 13, 2011
In case others want to see all in chronological order.

4:54a - 8:18a – Zach – no activity (from 8:17a to 8:25a Holly's phone is moving near Cox Rd @ 641/I40)

6:50a - Jason-- near Camden (GF house) text
6:51a - 8:19a – Jason -- no pings

7:00a - Karen Bobo leaves for work/Holly was sitting at dining room table, also texting back and forth with classmate Hannah
7:30a -- Holly speaks to BF, Drew re hunting on grandmother's property
7:30a - 7:40a - Holly -- home area
7:40a - Neighbor hears a scream
7:42a - Holly -- last outgoing call (wondering "who" she dialed?)
7:45a - Neighbor's mother calls Karen
7:50a - Clint is awakened by dogs barking/Karen calls Clint
7:53a - 8:09a - Holly's phone connect to towers close to home
7:55a - Karen calls 911 from work

8:00a - Karen calls Clint to call 911 after he tells her what he saw
8:00a - Holly's phone is moving
8:17a - Holly's phone going north I40
8:17a - 8:26a – Holly -- ping off 2 different towers (anyone "which" towers & "where")
8:17a - 8:55a - rape and murder occurred between 8:17am and 8:55am (if Autry is to be believed that Holly was already in back of Zach's truck, wrapped )
8:18a - Zach's phone on ("where" ? - at home?)
8:19a – Zach's phone at Cox Rd @ 641/I40- incoming text From JA
8:19a - 8:53a - Zach's phone utlizing same tower close to his home
8:28a -- Defense witness (Dikas) says ZA phone pings at home (several miles from where Holly's pings)
8:30a – Zach -- outgoing text to JA
8:30a - 8:52a - Zach and JA-- texting back & forth
8:53a - 8:55a – Zach - phone call from JA-call went to voice mail--Zach called JA back –Zach’s phone near Yellow Springs & Adams house (Holly's pinged twice just after 9 near where Adams' phone pings - by Yellow Springs near Cox Rd)
8:55a – Jason phone - Autry, Adams & Holly's all shown in same area (same tower) - (at Shayne's where Jason sees Holly's body wrapped in back of Zach's truck)
8:57a - 9:00a -- Holly's phone pings Yellow Springs area (2nd ping)

~8:19a - 9:12a -- Zach's phone close to home-in same general area of where Holly's phone pings)
9:06a –Holly's phone - East of Shiloh Rd @ Cox & I40/641 (3rd tower pinged) Same tower as Zach's house
9:10a – Holly - Sugar Tree near Tennessee River (Shayne leaves to dump her phone)
9:10a - 10:43a -Zach - texts between ZA & Shayne Austin/Zach @ Birdsong area
9:12a – Zach's phone pings Yellow Springs area (Holly's 2nd ping in same area)
9:25a – Holly - pings near home - final ping - sim & phone found in this area.
9:40a - Holly's phone stops pinging/probably dead battery
9:42a - 10:37a – Jason phone -- pings near Tenn River near Birdsong Rd exit (Zach & Jason at Birdsong with Holly's body)
9:50a – Zach - pings near Tennessee River

10:01a - 10:32a - Zach continuallly texting Shayne
10:35a - Zach's phone uses the other side of tower near Birdsong Rd exit
10:35a - Jason's phone uses the other side of tower near Birdsong Rd exit
10:38a - Zach's phone moving away from tower & going back home
10:39a – Jason - phone is moving away from tower at Birdsong Rd exit (again pings near Cox Rd. (leaves Tenn river area)

11:04a -- CCTV at AmFarm shows TBI SUV traveling to Parsons
11:05a -- CCTV at AmFarm shows TBI SUV traveling to Parsons
11:07a -- CCT at AmFarm shows ZA's Pickup traveling to Parsons
~11a - 12p – Zach - in Parsons (video store w/GF)

~2:30p - 3:30p - All (Zach, Jason & Shayne) at Dinsmore house (per house cleaner)

9:47p -- First 911 call by Dick Adams (ZA's GrF) - ZA is causing a problem
9:49p - Second 911 call by DA - Didn't want officers to come over
9:51p - Third 911 call by DA - ZA is back & causing problem; was raising hell, wanted guns & keys to his/Dylan's truck. More frantic call - sounds exasperated (JMO)

Awesome job, Niner! Something just occurred to me because I didn't realize the 911 call was the night of the 13th. Why did ZA want a gun? Could it be Dylan was talking about Holly and what they had done and ZA wanted to kill him to shut him up? According to JA , ZA asked him to kill Dylan.

If I was on this jury, I would vote guilty on all charges, even though I am not sure who actually did what among the A-team. I honestly would not shed a tear if any or all three got the needle, but having said that, I probably would vote for LWOP just because the evidence was less than overwhelming, imo. And I will be honest, and this is why I would never be selected to serve on a trial like this, but if by some freakishly miniscule chance, ZA did not have a role in this, he probably is past due to fry for something else he got away with at some point, and society would be better without him. JMO

I also would vote for LWOP instead of the DP. The pros and cons of the DP could have a thread all it's own. There are too many automatic appeals afforded that last decades. Each one affording the convict special benefits which I call "field trips" coming and going to court, visits with attorneys, playing dress up for courts and most are housed separately from the GP thus not allowing them the opportunity for accidents etc.

I sincerely believe it was Jason who actually did the killing of Holly and he said it was Zach. Why else would Zach need him to come over and "help"? According to Victor it was Jason who traded the gun for drugs and not Zach. Why would Zach be looking for a gun the night of the 13th at Papaws house if he had one he had used to kill Holly only hours before?

IMO Jason is the one to get the needle. I could not let only Jason's deal with the devil make me sign for the DP.

The Bobo's have sold their house and can "move on" as much as they can. Appeal trials and upcoming execution dates that always seem to get postponed only cause the reliving of this nightmare for them.

JMO

The Bobo's have sold their house and can "move on" as much as they can. Appeal trials and upcoming execution dates that always seem to get postponed only cause the reliving of this nightmare for them.

JMO

Snipped for brevity.

Those poor people. I don't know that you could ever move completely on from that. I lost a child from natural causes in her early childhood and it most affected me at Christmas, putting presents under the tree and when I was setting the table for Christmas dinner. It made me sad, but no one had taken my child from me and she was with people who loved her when she died. Holly's family do not have that comfort.

"Attorney for suspect in Holly Bobo case asking for judge to be recused....Attorney Jennifer Thompson represents Adams. She said during a recent teleconference between herself, McGinley and the prosecuting attorneys, the judge made several comments that Thompson said clearly illustrate he has made a predetermination of Adams’ guilt. Thompson also believes McGinley was making those statements in an effort to induce a guilty plea."

http://www.wsmv.com/story/34379839/...olly-bobo-case-asking-for-judge-to-be-recused

"Attorney for suspect in Holly Bobo case asking for judge to be recused....Attorney Jennifer Thompson represents Adams. She said during a recent teleconference between herself, McGinley and the prosecuting attorneys, the judge made several comments that Thompson said clearly illustrate he has made a predetermination of Adams’ guilt. Thompson also believes McGinley was making those statements in an effort to induce a guilty plea."j
http://www.wsmv.com/story/34379839/...olly-bobo-case-asking-for-judge-to-be-recused

But it is a jury trial. The judge is not going to pronounce guilty or not guilty, the jury is.

IMO, when Jennifer Nichols gets panicky that she may lose her case, she gets very nasty, obnoxious, rude, disrespectful, and generally behaves in a despicable manner. I am referring to her cross of the US Marshall. IMO, she was beyond despicable, and that was uncalled for.

I think the Marshall deserved everything she gave him. He was making statements to the jury that he never included in his official report. And he admitted that he had become 'friends' with someone he was supposed to be investigating. He hadn't even given him his Miranda rights before the interview, so it was useless anyway.....He was acting unprofessionally, imo.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/2...-doubt-on-former-investigators-testimony.html
"Under cross examination, Walker admitted that he was unaware Dicus had been told to "stand down and leave Terry Britt alone."

Nichols also noted to jurors that much of Walker's testimony Wednesday was not included in his written report for investigators at the time. She also asked Walker why he did not read Britt his Miranda Rights.

"I was not there to get testimonial evidence," Walker said."

I also would vote for LWOP instead of the DP. The pros and cons of the DP could have a thread all it's own. There are too many automatic appeals afforded that last decades. Each one affording the convict special benefits which I call "field trips" coming and going to court, visits with attorneys, playing dress up for courts and most are housed separately from the GP thus not allowing them the opportunity for accidents etc.

I sincerely believe it was Jason who actually did the killing of Holly and he said it was Zach. Why else would Zach need him to come over and "help"? According to Victor it was Jason who traded the gun for drugs and not Zach. Why would Zach be looking for a gun the night of the 13th at Papaws house if he had one he had used to kill Holly only hours before?

IMO Jason is the one to get the needle. I could not let only Jason's deal with the devil make me sign for the DP.

JMO

I'm with you. I think Jason did the actual shooting. Zach is a pile of digested food but I think Jason is even more evil and cold blooded.

I think the Marshall deserved everything she gave him. He was making statements to the jury that he never included in his official report. And he admitted that he had become 'friends' with someone he was supposed to be investigating. He hadn't even given him his Miranda rights before the interview, so it was useless anyway.....He was acting unprofessionally, imo.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/2...-doubt-on-former-investigators-testimony.html
"Under cross examination, Walker admitted that he was unaware Dicus had been told to "stand down and leave Terry Britt alone."

Nichols also noted to jurors that much of Walker's testimony Wednesday was not included in his written report for investigators at the time. She also asked Walker why he did not read Britt his Miranda Rights.

"I was not there to get testimonial evidence," Walker said."

I thought he was extremely professional. He tried to explain why the details weren't included in his report, but Nichols wouldn't hear it. Also, he was not investigating Terry Dicus. Terry Dicus was not under investigation.

I also think Terry Dicus was doing his job. There was extreme pressure on TBI to bring indictments. I think that Dicus's supv (can't remember his name) sacrificed Dicus rather than himself. Heads were going to roll and it was just a matter of whose. I was not impressed with his supervisor in the least. And just look how long it took to "solve" after Dicus was let go. Hmmmm...Oh yeah....it was even longer. Just my opinion.

I thought he was extremely professional. He tried to explain why the details weren't included in his report, but Nichols wouldn't hear it. Also, he was not investigating Terry Dicus. Terry Dicus was not under investigation.

I also think Terry Dicus was doing his job. There was extreme pressure on TBI to get a conviction. I think that Dicus's supv sacrificed Dicus rather than himself. I was not impressed with his supervisor in the least. And just look how long it took to "solve" after Dicus was let go. Just my opinion.

I realize that this is a very unpopular opinion here, but I own it. I was convinced that Zack was guilty until Thompson started calling witnesses. I rather quickly became one with reasonable doubt. I'm not sure anyone on the jury would have reasonable doubt, especially seeing all of the opinions here, but I definitely have my doubts.

I realize that this is a very unpopular opinion here, but I own it. I was convinced that Zack was guilty until Thompson started calling witnesses. I rather quickly became one with reasonable doubt. I'm not sure anyone on the jury would have reasonable doubt, especially seeing all of the opinions here, but I definitely have my doubts.

The issue I keep having is either they were all involved or none of them were involved because they were all together that morning. If none of them were involved, why are they pointing the finger at each other? Why wouldn't they be saying 'I don't know what you're talking about, neither I nor any of the people I was hanging out with that day, had any contact with Holly. We were all hanging out doing drugs that day". Instead, they're squabbling about which one of them did what to her. It doesn't really matter who did what, the fact that they were with her makes them all guilty.

The issue I keep having is either they were all involved or none of them were involved because they were all together that morning. If none of them were involved, why are they pointing the finger at each other? Why wouldn't they be saying 'I don't know what you're talking about, neither I nor any of the people I was hanging out with that day, had any contact with Holly. We were all hanging out doing drugs that day". Instead, they're squabbling about which one of them did what to her. It doesn't really matter who did what, the fact that they were with her makes them all guilty.

Yes, it is a very confusing case. But, Dicus talked about all of the idiots who confessed to the crime, said they had Holly's head in the freezer, had her chained in the basement, etc. But, what about the cell phone facts? Holly's device went past Zach's and kept going north. Wasn't that testimony compelling? Wasn't it compelling that all of the criminals were pointing their fingers at Zach, but the people that the defense called were professionals, for the most part, and functioning members of society?

"Attorney for suspect in Holly Bobo case asking for judge to be recused....Attorney Jennifer Thompson represents Adams. She said during a recent teleconference between herself, McGinley and the prosecuting attorneys, the judge made several comments that Thompson said clearly illustrate he has made a predetermination of Adams’ guilt. Thompson also believes McGinley was making those statements in an effort to induce a guilty plea."

The judge was clearly prejudiced against the defense from the beginning. He schmoozed with the jury. He and Nichols ridiculed Thompson many times in front of the jury. Both of them, the judge and prosecution, were trying to influence the jury against the defense. We will see if it worked or if any jurors were astute enough to see thru it all. My opinion only.

Nichols bashed the US Marshall. She needed to completely obliterate him in the eyes of the jury. Funny thing was, I found his testimony compelling.

Nichols and her team failed miserably to convince me that Zach was guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

dismemberment? I thought they pointed out in court that animals may have dragged parts of her body to their den. TBI even excavated the dens. Do you have a link to the dismemberment assertion?

I can't remember which witness said it, but they said that ZA told them he had put part of Holly's body in the woods and part in the river. Anyone remember which witness it was?

People wondering why the 'idiots' are pointing fingers at each other, but why did Britt implicate himself? Why would he be willing to plea to something he didn't do? And that...is where reasonable doubt slips in. There is false confessions. So in this particular case, who is telling the truth and who isn't? I don't know!

I can't remember which witness said it, but they said that ZA told them he had put part of Holly's body in the woods and part in the river. Anyone remember which witness it was?

Okay, I found it. Seriously, did no one else catch this but me??

Corey Rivers testified while in jail with Adams, he and and the accused talked. He testified Adams told him Bobo was chopped up and parts were put in different parts of Tennessee.

http://www.localmemphis.com/news/lo...y-that-zach-adams-confessed-to-them/813744553

People wondering why the 'idiots' are pointing fingers at each other, but why did Britt implicate himself? Why would he be willing to plea to something he didn't do? And that...is where reasonable doubt slips in. There is false confessions. So in this particular case, who is telling the truth and who isn't? I don't know!

Exactly. It happens all the time. The TBI were under tremendous pressure to get results so who knows what lies, promises or threats were made to the defendants to get them to confess or to implicate each other. We haven't seen any video of LE interviews with them before the trial so we don't know what they said or what interview techniques the investigators used.

Good morning!!! We will be remaining on this thread for today. I am looking forward to the closing arguments...

105817-Steamy-Coffee.gif
link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members