Zach Adams on trial for the kidnapping and murder of Holly Bobo Sept 20 & 21, 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
TY Harmony. Everyone here, thank you too.

I've updated the Case Archive but the site (photobucket) gives me fits. Sometimes it will not take the written description, so I may have to go back and caption many of the pics and articles.

For now, since most people use phones for it, go to this link... it is just my profile, in the order I add files. Easy to see without (that much) trouble.

http://s296.photobucket.com/user/crankycrankerson/profile/

I realize that this is a very unpopular opinion here, but I own it. I was convinced that Zack was guilty until Thompson started calling witnesses. I rather quickly became one with reasonable doubt. I'm not sure anyone on the jury would have reasonable doubt, especially seeing all of the opinions here, but I definitely have my doubts.

in all honesty if you run a check on various forums you are not alone with your doubts....I do think we probably have a jury wanting to convict this really bad buy on something and therefore I think they will go with some of the charges but I do think that Thompson has probably saved her client's life and actually that is a win of sorts for her.

IMO Jason is the one to get the needle. I could not let only Jason's deal with the devil make me sign for the DP

JMO

Jason Autry? I listened to his testimony last night. Has his facts down, didn't create the mess although he certainly waited 5 or 6 years before he turned states witness of conspiracy to hide a crime. He was EXTREMELY believable on the stand. Without him, this trial wouldn't be happening, IMO. The other supporting criminal witnesses tell a story that supports his story.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

The issue I keep having is either they were all involved or none of them were involved because they were all together that morning. If none of them were involved, why are they pointing the finger at each other? Why wouldn't they be saying 'I don't know what you're talking about, neither I nor any of the people I was hanging out with that day, had any contact with Holly. We were all hanging out doing drugs that day". Instead, they're squabbling about which one of them did what to her. It doesn't really matter who did what, the fact that they were with her makes them all guilty.

this case could hang on INSTRUCTIONS....if it is made clear that it can be sort of a joint venture situation ie if you were there and involved in any way you are guilty rather than who exactly did the rap...who exactly physically walked her to the woods and who exactly pulled the trigger....then state will get the verdict they want....but as often is the case lots of confusion on INSTRUCTIONS could cost the state the verdict they want. In this case we could not hear them hammer out the instructions which is a critical part of the case and therefore I am not at all sure how they will read.

The judge was clearly prejudiced against the defense from the beginning. He schmoozed with the jury. He and Nichols ridiculed Thompson many times in front of the jury. Both of them, the judge and prosecution, were trying to influence the jury against the defense. We will see if it worked or if any jurors were astute enough to see thru it all. My opinion only.

Nichols bashed the US Marshall. She needed to completely obliterate him in the eyes of the jury. Funny thing was, I found his testimony compelling.

Nichols and her team failed miserably to convince me that Zach was guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

is this judge up for reelection or is he appointed? Clearly he just as all other LE need a conviction here to satisfy the locals...if this were an acquittal ...well can't imagine that....but I very much agree that as I watch that courtroom it almost seems that the judge sitting on the bench is on the right side almost sitting at the ADA's table?????

in all honesty if you run a check on various forums you are not alone with your doubts....I do think we probably have a jury wanting to convict this really bad buy on something and therefore I think they will go with some of the charges but I do think that Thompson has probably saved her client's life and actually that is a win of sorts for her.

No doubt the defense has people trolling SM just like they did in the Casey Anthony trial.

Okay, I found it. Seriously, did no one else catch this but me??

http://www.localmemphis.com/news/lo...y-that-zach-adams-confessed-to-them/813744553

Looking at the timeline there was not enough time that day for the men to dismember her. The prosecutor has vaguely alluded several times that she was abducted at 7:45am when his cell phone expert pointed out in court that at 7:53am and 8:09am Holly's phone connects to towers close to home. (time stamp 35m40s on video part 1- queued in the link)

https://youtu.be/gDykth_8QDc?t=35m43s

Her phone is traveling and moving at 8:17am and is pinging off a tower in the area where Zach lived at 8:17am. Autry arrives at 8:55am. Records show that they departed for the Birdsong area shortly thereafter. There was not enough time that day for a gang rape and dismemberment. I suppose the men could have returned on a different day. However, the state mentioned that Holly was drugged then did not provide proof. I think had there been a dismemberment it would have been asserted by the state when presenting the information about the skeletal remains. Instead they presented information about the wolf dens.

People wondering why the 'idiots' are pointing fingers at each other, but why did Britt implicate himself? Why would he be willing to plea to something he didn't do? And that...is where reasonable doubt slips in. There is false confessions. So in this particular case, who is telling the truth and who isn't? I don't know!

honestly if I were a the foreperson I might start with making a list of all the witnesses and getting a read from the jury if they agreed that person was telling the truth...something close to the truth or just plain lying. Could be a way to begin...those lying just throw out the testimony.

People wondering why the 'idiots' are pointing fingers at each other, but why did Britt implicate himself? Why would he be willing to plea to something he didn't do? And that...is where reasonable doubt slips in. There is false confessions. So in this particular case, who is telling the truth and who isn't? I don't know!
He is a sociopath....he will do and say things to manipulate people.

Exactly. It happens all the time. The TBI were under tremendous pressure to get results so who knows what lies, promises or threats were made to the defendants to get them to confess or to implicate each other. We haven't seen any video of LE interviews with them before the trial so we don't know what they said or what interview techniques the investigators used.

i don't think we can underestimate the pressures that have been on LE for all these years....frankly thanks to KB that pressure never really let up...my guess is many other cases of kidnapping and murder suffered as they just kept exploring this one.

No doubt the defense has people trolling SM just like they did in the Casey Anthony trial.

i am sure this happens but you don't have to be a troll on this one to see some doubt...all a question of whether it raises to reasonable...hopefully for the jurors it will not. Not having know one thing until last week about this case I have now learned how this whole case has almost a "cult " following with views all over the place. Love to sit in a cafe in the middle of Parsons or at a truck stop on the interstate near there and hear what they are saying!!

Looking at the timeline there was not enough time that day for the men to dismember her. The prosecutor has vaguely alluded several times that she was abducted at 7:45am when his cell phone expert pointed out in court that at 7:53am and 8:09am Holly's phone connects to towers close to home. (time stamp 35m40s on video part 1- queued in the link)

Her phone is traveling and moving at 8:17am and is pinging off a tower in the area where Zach lived at 8:17am. Autry arrives at 8:55am. Records show that they departed for the Birdsong area shortly thereafter. There was not enough time that day for a gang rape and dismemberment. I suppose the men could have returned on a different day. However, the state mentioned that Holly was drugged then did not provide proof. I think had there been a dismemberment it would have been asserted by the state when presenting the information about the skeletal remains. Instead they presented information about the wolf dens.

so then we have one of the more credible guys making up stories????

I think if Zack is found guilty Dylan will take a plea deal of life with out parole. Jmo and will be interesting to see.
Never thought of this but would Tennessee put Dylan to death with a 70 IQ?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

That is an interesting question. We did sentence Paul Dennis Reid, who allegedly had an IQ between 80 and 90, to death. He wasn't ever executed, because he died of pneumonia or something while a bunch of legal wrangling over our lethal injection methods was going on. Having said that, I can't really see Dylan getting the death penalty. I think there are a lot of extenuating circumstances a good attorney could bring out: low IQ, controlled and abused by monster brother, father died, mother in another state, etc. I don't think it would be difficult to cast him as another victim of Zack and, in many ways, I think he is. I don't think I could vote for DP for Dylan. Zack yes, but not Dylan.

so then we have one of the more credible guys making up stories????

above comment is referring to Cory Rivers who many of us find credible but apparently he talked about the dismemberment.

above comment is referring to Cory Rivers who many of us find credible but apparently he talked about the dismemberment.
Why would you think he made it up? He reported what Zach told him. Nothing more.
Now, whether Zach was speaking truths is a whole nother
matter....

Exactly, the timeline is already tight so when did they dismember her and then drive around leaving in body parts all around Tennessee? On the other hand, the young man who said ZA told him they chopped her up was one of the more believable witnesses for the prosecution. Did he lie about ZA saying she was dismembered? Or did ZA lie when he told the witness that she was dismembered? Why would they lie about that? If that part of the story is a lie, which other parts are lies? And should ZA be convicted on the basis of testimony that is full of lies?

good morning everyone, roday I will post tweets

Why would you think he made it up? He reported what Zach told him. Nothing more.
Now, whether Zach was speaking truths is a whole nother
matter....

If you think Zach made it up, you are saying that Zach was confessing to crimes that he didn't commit. So his supposed confessions to various other people could all have been lies too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KMac13