Zahra Baker Search and Recovery Effort and Input

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the Philips trailer park, there is something like an old well, or something round back in the woods a bit that is in both the 2004 and 2008 pics of the park.

It's behind 2127 Marietta, the next section over from where Zahra lived.

(eta: here's the link to see where Z lived again:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?clie...535,-81.482677&spn=0.002357,0.003862&t=h&z=17
)

I see what you're talking about, Writer, but what makes you think it is a well? To me, it simply looks like a large rock or boulder...pretty common thing in rural areas.

O/T - I just had to say that I've never followed a missing case before. I usually hang out in Crimes in the News. You people totally rock. I have been amazed at the information you have dug up and continue to dig up. I definitely need some new skills to keep up with you guys. Thanks for all of your hard work. I have been glued to this forum because I can't stop thinking about that little sweetie pie. It's so awesome to see so much work going on even when we aren't hearing anything from LE.

I see what you're talking about, Writer, but what makes you think it is a well? To me, it simply looks like a large rock or boulder...pretty common thing in rural areas.

It just looks manmade, imho. And like the area has been kept clear around it in an odd place.

But it could be a little landscaped area around a big rock, I'd think.

I don't know what kinds of things could be man-made and round -- a well, a big drainage pipe ???? Just seeing if it is something anyone would recognize, really.

O/T - I just had to say that I've never followed a missing case before. I usually hang out in Crimes in the News. You people totally rock. I have been amazed at the information you have dug up and continue to dig up. I definitely need some new skills to keep up with you guys. Thanks for all of your hard work. I have been glued to this forum because I can't stop thinking about that little sweetie pie. It's so awesome to see so much work going on even when we aren't hearing anything from LE.

Glad that you decided to spread your wings, Belinda. I usually follow these cases but wander into the Crimes in the News threads. LOL!

Oh, and on the well thing, my old well on my property looks like that, lol. I can't tell if they are the same size, but the satellite picks up my old well under ivy and that's what it looks like, except darker.

If I'm crazy for thinking it looks too symmetrical and round, that's quite possible, too ;)

Oh, and on the well thing, my old well on my property looks like that, lol. I can't tell if they are the same size, but the satellite picks up my old well under ivy and that's what it looks like, except darker.

If I'm crazy for thinking it looks too symmetrical and round, that's quite possible, too ;)

I'm just now taking a look on google earth where I can zoom in. I'll take a peek at that "rock/well thing now.

In the mean time, take a look at the area of the first trailer on the right as you enter. See behind it? That's a hollow, imo. Can't tell if it's dark because it's so deep and wooded, or if there's water there.

ETA: It's also directly across from the mailboxes, fwiw.

In the Philips trailer park, there is something like an old well, or something round back in the woods a bit that is in both the 2004 and 2008 pics of the park.

It's behind 2127 Marietta, the next section over from where Zahra lived.

(eta: here's the link to see where Z lived again:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?clie...535,-81.482677&spn=0.002357,0.003862&t=h&z=17
)

I believe that may be a manhole or sewage entrance. The GIS system shows a "T" intersection almost exactly above that point. GIS maps frequently are "off" a bit when overlaying satellite pictures.

You can almost make out the pathway they cleared when they were digging the sewage lines there. They go into the woods, and then there is another "pathway" that exits from the left of the woods, leading right to that object you're pointing at.

The question is, though, is that the one that the neighbors were discussing. The only way to truly know is to find out if the trailer there is empty, since I believe they mentioned an abandoned trailer, or something like that.

It just looks manmade, imho. And like the area has been kept clear around it in an odd place.

But it could be a little landscaped area around a big rock, I'd think.

I don't know what kinds of things could be man-made and round -- a well, a big drainage pipe ???? Just seeing if it is something anyone would recognize, really.

Most trailer houses have septic systems. Could it be that?

We live in a brick home in the country and have an aerobic septic system
with 3 tanks underground. At the ground level is a manhole and each manhole has a round piece of concrete on top (so you don't fall in).

I've not seen a regular septic system but I do know they have to come and and clean them so maybe that's what that is in your pictures.

Looking at what I believe is a "holler" behind the first trailer on the right, you can follow it down, going to the right, and end up at something perfectly round. Right where the hollow ends. Directly opposite a burgundy vehicle and yellow vehicle.

There also appears to be a creek and small pond near it.

ETA: I know what I call a holler, and I don't see anything else near these trailers that I believe a local would refer to as a holler. JMO.

Most trailer houses have septic systems. Could it be that?

We live in a brick home in the country and have an aerobic septic system
with 3 tanks underground. At the ground level is a manhole and each manhole has a round piece of concrete on top (so you don't fall in).

I've not seen a regular septic system but I do know they have to come and and clean them so maybe that's what that is in your pictures.

Some parks in this local are have septic service or in other words one big sewer area that doesn't go to the city sewer dept like in big cities. that is why we have probs with sewer leaks etc....it doesn't go down but leaks out. They usually have multiple manholes like this off in the woods. I seen them at a friends newly developed neighborhood in Alex county where I used to live. I don't know the correct terminilogy for these type of sewer systems The on I know about was connected to a housing development and the owners paid septic through city of hickoryy to have it maintained. There were about 4-5 manholes which the covers could be moved by ATVs i know becuase one got moved and it leaked and smell was awful...anyways has anyone checked the Caldwell GIS to see if shows sewer lines or water lines? I know Caldwell County has been updating water lines though city of hky but not sure how far their sewage stuff goes ....just some input though it might help.

That seems like a really good place to search, Mountain Kat!

Some parks in this local are have septic service or in other words one big sewer area that doesn't go to the city sewer dept like in big cities. that is why we have probs with sewer leaks etc....it doesn't go down but leaks out. They usually have multiple manholes like this off in the woods. I seen them at a friends newly developed neighborhood in Alex county where I used to live. I don't know the correct terminilogy for these type of sewer systems The on I know about was connected to a housing development and the owners paid septic through city of hickoryy to have it maintained. There were about 4-5 manholes which the covers could be moved by ATVs i know becuase one got moved and it leaked and smell was awful...anyways has anyone checked the Caldwell GIS to see if shows sewer lines or water lines? I know Caldwell County has been updating water lines though city of hky but not sure how far their sewage stuff goes ....just some input though it might help.[/QUOTE]

I forget what post it was, but earlier today I posted an image from the GIS showing that, yes, this trailer court, was on the sewer lines.

ETA: Here was my original post of the area w/ sewage lines outlined in brownish-orange.: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5777239&postcount=319"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5777239&postcount=319[/ame]

Some parks in this local are have septic service or in other words one big sewer area that doesn't go to the city sewer dept like in big cities. that is why we have probs with sewer leaks etc....it doesn't go down but leaks out. They usually have multiple manholes like this off in the woods. I seen them at a friends newly developed neighborhood in Alex county where I used to live. I don't know the correct terminilogy for these type of sewer systems The on I know about was connected to a housing development and the owners paid septic through city of hickoryy to have it maintained. There were about 4-5 manholes which the covers could be moved by ATVs i know becuase one got moved and it leaked and smell was awful...anyways has anyone checked the Caldwell GIS to see if shows sewer lines or water lines? I know Caldwell County has been updating water lines though city of hky but not sure how far their sewage stuff goes ....just some input though it might help.

This is a screen shot of my friends sewer area if that were the case you may see something similar you can make out the box and the fenced around it but only dee 2 manholes in this view and I know there are 5 just to give you an idea of what these manholes and sewer stuff look like ....
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...979,-81.295884&spn=0.000483,0.001316&t=h&z=20

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25674300/detail.html

HICKORY, N.C. -- The district attorney has asked the state attorney general to speed up testing on evidence in the disappearance of 10-year-old Zahra Baker.

Some of that evidence includes a mattress unearthed in a landfill and a bone found in a wooded area near where Zahra’s prosthetic leg was found.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25674300/detail.html

HICKORY, N.C. -- The district attorney has asked the state attorney general to speed up testing on evidence in the disappearance of 10-year-old Zahra Baker.

Some of that evidence includes a mattress unearthed in a landfill and a bone found in a wooded area near where Zahra’s prosthetic leg was found.

Sounds like someone wants to make an arrest?

If I wasn't 2 1/2 hours away, that's exactly where I'd be right now. That and Mount Caramel Church off of Christie.

And I would be right there with you, Mountain Kat! I agree with you that both of these locations really need to be searched thoroughly.

Louisiana here, and my Cajunmobile is in the shop. Joking, of course, but really do wish I could be there and search. LE may open the search up to civilians later on if they are not successful. Oh, how I wish Tim Miller would be asked to help out. We have Oriah and SARX here at WS that would be a great deal of help to them also. I would donate to the cause.

JMO

"They need to come back and do some more," said Tabitha Haas.

Haas said Adam and Elisa Baker were spotted in the neighborhood about three weeks ago.

"They came here at night," Haas said.

Peggy Johnson claims a few days later, "the most awful smell was coming up out of the manhole in my yard."

She said authorities lifted the lid and looked inside, but only for a few seconds.

"They's another manhole in the holler that they need to come back and look at," Johnson said.

The place she talked about is hidden in a valley area behind a vacant trailer. It is in the same area where the couple was spotted.

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13297637

My mistake MK, I coulda swore I saw it reported as under a trailer but this report describes the holler behind the trailer so there ya go.

I am pretty sure LE checked out the vicinity immediately within the MHP the night they were there. As to the ravine, and hollers in the surrounding area of MHP I don't know if they did a thourough search there.

It does still bother me that EB abd AB were witnessed there one night some time after they had moved. Seems hinky to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BunnyLugsCacti