Zahra Baker's Biological Mother

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've been having that same thought/concern. Someone please keep her away from the NGs of the world! I'm not sure how much she knows about US "media" (and I use that term very loosely here), but I know if I had to travel to Australia in a situation like this, I'd have NO idea who to trust! If Emily decides she needs to tell her story here, would she know the difference between Nancy Grace and, say... Katie Couric? I truly hope she is lead in the right direction (whether it is by her own knowledge/intuition, or by others). I'd truly HATE to see her (1) even end up on one of these gossip "news" shows, and (2) be lambasted by the likes of NG and her cronies. IMO.

Hopefully she already has somebody media savvy advising her...cause I was convinced she was arriving today. Good one, glad she got to have privacy at that house.

He won't though will he VF.

There really might not have been much left after AB came with the Uhaul. I hope there might have been a few items left and she got something of her daughters. I am sure she would cherish anything she can find.

I don't think that Grandma will have any rights to her remains as she never had legal custody.

I think AB and KB would be wise to steer WELL clear of ED...and if Adam has her belongings, he better hand them over RIGHT NOW! :rage:

ED did not have legal custody either..
The best thing that could happen is these two women come together for Zahra. We don't know exactly what Zahra thought about her birthmother but we do know she loved her grandmother and both woman have lost a part of their heart.
The very idea that some feel ED deserves sympathy and special care while KB doesn't saddens be beyond words.

The best thing that could happen is these two women come together for Zahra. We don't know exactly what Zahra thought about her birthmother but we do know she loved her grandmother and both woman have lost a part of their heart.
The very idea that some feel ED deserves sympathy and special care while KB doesn't saddens be beyond words.

Is there proof out there that I don't know about regarding custody? All I have heard thus far is ED claim that they were supposed to have joint custody. Hopefully, she brought all her paperwork with her.

It would be nice if KB and ED could come together for Zahra, but I don't see that happening as long as KB is defending AB. I'm sorta waiting to see what happens before forming my opinion of KB.

BBM Absolutely agree with that. I hope somehow, someway, these 2 families can find a way to put their differences aside for this little angel, at least long enough to put her to rest.

And I myself feel very heartbroken for both of them. Gramma is in a terrible position, it is obvious she loved and cared and had a big hand in raising Zahra. I am sure that Zahra got some of that fighting spirit from her too. She loves her son I am sure too. I don't know what I would do in her position and I never want to know.

I am praying that NG does NOT get any type of interview with her. I hope that those helping her in the United States will prepare a statement for her and leave it at that. I would hope that included in that statement would be somthing to the extent of cruel questions and comments on bio mom she is a victem also.

PLEASE Nancy Grace do not dig your claws into this poor woman. PLEASE.

Not certain where to put this:

The Victims' Rights Act defines "next of kin" as the victim's spouse, children, parents, siblings or grandparents. (Note: The person accused of committing the offense against the victim may not qualify as the victim's "next of kin" unless the charges are dismissed or the person is found not guilty.)"

http://www.nccourts.org/Citizens/CPrograms/Victims/NextKin.asp

It's my understanding that, having joint custody, both parents are entitled to Zahra's remains unless of course AB is charged in connection with her demise and then next of kin status may no longer be applicable.

Otherwise, either AB or EB could petition the Australian family court for sole custody and have primary next of kin status. Not an attorney but this is the way I read everything I googled so FWIW.

Not true, I believe they have joint custody.

Perhaps Mark Klass' Foundation might assist.

Unfortunately from personal experience I can say that the victim's advocate people here in Caldwell County are excellent.

They come into the situation quickly and stay until the very end. Or for however long the victims families need them.

I expect if Zahra's biomum does show up the LE will have someone waiting to help her with whatever she needs.

On another note, I think if I were ED, someone would need to protect AB from me... :furious: ... He may wish he were safely behind bars. Being separated by half the planet is one thing, but being within a few miles of him? I don't know about her, but if it were me and ran into him, someone would have to hold me back.

The very idea that some feel ED deserves sympathy and special care while KB doesn't saddens be beyond words.[/QUOTE

IF the stories we are hearing are true then EB had to be complicit in keeping Z out of reach of her mother. That's shameful. I can imagine that ED would be tolerant if the other side of the family are willing to 'play nice', but if AB refuses...I would not blame her a bit for being VERY hurt and angry!

HLN - just on

Steve Crump of WBTV was interviewed by phone. He stated that ED is in the Hickory area and that she came with an Autralian news crew and that news crew is dictating who gets close to her.

Don't know what this means - he could just be a reporter that is miffed because she is with other reporters.

Don't have a link yet - it was just on - mods delete if you must

HLN - just on

Steve Crump of WBTV was interviewed by phone. He stated that ED is in the Hickory area and that she came with an Autralian news crew and that news crew is dictating who gets close to her.

Don't know what this means - he could just be a reporter that is miffed because she is with other reporters.

Don't have a link yet - it was just on - mods delete if you must
As I stated some other thread, I believe that ED had limited funds and this news crew offered to pick up the tab if they can shadow her and document with exclusives while she is in the USA.

I do not fault her in accepting this for if I had limited funds, traveling to an unknown country, with no support in place, with limited funds...I would jump at that offer.

I have no doubt that Emily will use good judgment here while in the USA, so far she has shown a level of "education" that surpasses all other members of Zahras family.
I dont think she will let this crazy media around her, she has shown that this is a very private matter for her, I havent seen her attack anyone like whats been done to her already,
When all is said and done I believe ED will be able to sleep well , this attacking her has got to stop, she was literally robbed from being a Mum to her precious daughter.
She is a victim!

Ok I may be going out on a limb here but since they have made a statement regarding this case. I would suggest she could try the Catawba County Child Advocacy Center as they deal with a lot of forensic cases that are not neccesarily involving deaths but abuse and probably have information or lawyers and that standpoint as well. or even the Womens resource Center as suggestions. the Resource Center would give her even more numbers, assistance in contacting people and possibility of any toiletries etc....that she may need while here, maps, directions, contact numbers and probably even phone use if she could explain the situation. There should be an embassy type thing in NC too right? I have no clue I am just thinking locally that these are 2 wonderful groups that would kindly welcome her and assist in any way!
There is a local hospital - Frye Regional Medical center that has whats called a Hospitality House, they have it for pts that family who is out of town. Just tried to call them to see what they say they may be able to offer with her situation but only got a voicemail. They would be another resource as well.

I have no doubt that Emily will use good judgment here while in the USA, so far she has shown a level of "education" that surpasses all other members of Zahras family.
I dont think she will let this crazy media around her, she has shown that this is a very private matter for her, I havent seen her attack anyone like whats been done to her already,
When all is said and done I believe ED will be able to sleep well , this attacking her has got to stop, she was literally robbed from being a Mum to her precious daughter.
She is a victim!
I for one have never attacked her but had respect for her. I gave her the benefit of the doubt because if anyone has learned anything that is that AB has moved a lot in the past and while he lived in the USA. It is not a far stretch to believe that they actively lied, and did whatever else to keep Zahra from Emily.

It is so sad, she gave her up because at the time, she thought Zahra would be better off with the dad. My guess is because at the time AB had a well paying job and she wasn't working along with her PPD. She never thought for a second that AB would harm his own daughter.

I'm am sure if she could go back and have a re-do that child would be with her now. Nobody should disparage this woman because they don't have all the facts!

She is a victim!

You are right she won't let our crazy media around her- She traveled here with her own media from home and they are in control of her whereabouts- local media do not know where she is.
On the other hand I guess there is no need to worry about her needing help navigating things here- she has someone already looking out for her.

God Bless her for her loss-

It just rubs me the wrong way that she is traveling with her own media crew. (and I feel that way no matter who it is)

Just mentioned on CNN that Emily Dietrich is in Hickory with a media organisation, unsure if from Australia or the US. They are taking care of her accommodation needs and paying for her while she is here. Mention on CNN of 'chequebook journalism' I hope whoever she is with is respectful and not looking to over sensationalise an already sensational story.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!
Back