Zahra Baker's Biological Mother

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I second that. My ex and I had shared custody and I have been unable to get full access to some medical records for my son even after producing the legal documents proving my entitlement. And as I mentioned in an earlier post, Zahra's mum apparently lacked the financial resources, legal assistance and assertive personality that I have, which led to me ultimately getting full custody. But again, it took 5 years and close to $30K. Please don't judge her. We can't know what she did or didn't do, the resistance she may have met, and so on. Bureacrats are universal and if they believed rubbish that AB told them or just didn't like the way she presented it is very believable that information to which she had legal entitlement may have been withheld.

I work with families, including women who are victimized by DV. Very often when the children witness DV and CPS deems there to have been 'danger' or the children, the children are removed.

I meet partners every day, who tell me how their ex has withheld support, dissapeared with the children or child, played mind games, etc.

I had a woman who told me her daughter wound up in Foster Care when her ex ran with her during his allowed visit, went to another state miles away, and then eventually hooked up with a woman who abused the child. She, the 'birth mom' had been trying to find out what happened for over 3 years, but the 'dad' was a slippery sort who changed names, and in effect, dissapeared. LE tried, but there were limited resources, and my client was a woman of very modest means, who didn't have thousands to spend to hire a PI or attorney to recover her daughter.

When my husband's first wife divorced him, after 6 months, she 'dissapeared' for years with his daughter. Now, when i listen to my stepdaughter's limited memories of those times, I wonder how his ex wife could have done this...but sometimes there are no answers.

I know Emily did her best, and my heart goes out to her during this very difficult time.

Good call on Nancy Grace fill in tonight. I am thinking it was due to her hatefull comments to ED. The fact that fill in (sorry mind blank cant recall name) made a point to say she is not judging her. I suspect that ED and news media in OZ were highly offended on NG comments in the past days.

I suspect that ED is much more frail than she lets on. I have panic attacks and there is very little chance I could talk in front of a camera for an interview.. to do a news conference to bring my baby back i would deffinanly find the courage in a heatbeat. I am thinking that NG would be ALL OVER the finding of the remains.. however she had a fill in .. wonder why.. makes perfect sence on my above theory of why.. and good decision on her OZ team.. protect the victem .. ED

Nancy hasn't been on Friday's shows for a while now, of which, maybe due to the fact that she probably is taping her other TV show.

I know most of my local news anchors, reporters, print and radio media folks here and they are just people. They have hearts and families and feelings like we do. Yes, they will almost knock you over to get to a good story, but they will also go above and beyond to help someone. Let's hope that the media traveling with Emily are the same sort as the ones I know.

Nancy hasn't been on Friday's shows for a while now, of which, maybe due to the fact that she probably is taping her other TV show.

I wasnt aware that she had not been on Friday's for a while. I am however thankful due to her manner perhaps would of been a little less caring I suspect.

I love NG, however I do not care for the dramatics she displays at times.

)snipped)

"ZAHRA BAKER overcame plenty of hardship during her 10 years of life.

The freckle-faced girl with the beaming smile was rejected at birth by her mother, battled bone cancer as a toddler, had a leg amputated aged five, lost her hearing during chemotherapy and, at eight, was uprooted from her home in Queensland and moved to Hickory, a small town in North Carolina, so her father could be with a woman he met on the internet."

http://www.smh.com.au/world/at-last-zahra-can-be-laid-to-rest-20101113-17ruq.html

BBM

What a cruel thing to print! :furious:

)snipped)

The freckle-faced girl with the beaming smile was rejected at birth by her mother, battled bone cancer as a toddler, had a leg amputated aged five, lost her hearing during chemotherapy and, at eight, was uprooted from her home in Queensland and moved to Hickory, a small town in North Carolina, so her father could be with a woman he met on the internet."

http://www.smh.com.au/world/at-last-zahra-can-be-laid-to-rest-20101113-17ruq.html

BBM

That's awful! Emily had PND (PPD) and did what she believed was best for Zahra at the time. That couldn't have been easy.

I'm familiar with the mental health assistance available in that district and it is truly pitiful. (it is pretty much everywhere in Oz, but it's even worse out there)

I believe Emily was failed by the system on so many fronts, and my heart aches for her battles and her loss.

I have emailed the editor about this story and included a number of links, even directed him to Nancy Grace CNN (LOL).....I hope they will write a better story, one with a kinder slant towards Emily who clearly wanted to be in Zahra's life. Awful reporting, just awful.

Here are the contact links for anyone who wishes to do the same http://www.smh.com.au/support/

Interesting comment made by Emily. She commented that there's a possibility AB is not involved.

This case is so confusing :banghead:

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...s-of-her-anguish/story-e6frea73-1225953441699

Ain't that the truth Nosee?! Although I can understand her wanting to believe the man she once loved ..and had a child with didn't have anything to do with this nightmare. After all she apparently trusted him at one time enough to let him take Zahra in the first place...and I suppose as far as we know anyway..he apparently was a decent dad up until EB came into the picture. Personally, I believe that he is in this up to his eyeballs ..but I guess I can understand how she may want to believe otherwise with all of her heart..

I also don't believe that LE would/could give her any information regarding whether they believe that Adam is or is not a suspect..so I honestly don't think that she would be thinking like that because of anything LE may have told her..probably wishful thinking..because if he didn't have anything to do with it, then she would have him to lean upon and to share equally in her grief. :( Poor thing..I don't think there's any way this has really hit her yet..

One other thing that bugs me..that article is written as though it's quoting her, but at the bottom it says..

snipped~

Ms Dietrich hasn't seen Zahra since she was eight months old. Her father took her to America a year ago after meeting Elisa Baker on the internet.

I thought it had been confirmed that Emily HAD seen Zahra @ around 2 years old...Am I wrong? Even some of the pics I've seen of the 2 of them, Zahra appeared to me to be older than 8 mths.! :waitasec:..as you said..SO confusing..

Where has Zahra's mother been for the last several years? Has there been any real attempt for her to contact Zahra? I'll have to find out all of these type answers before I decide whether or not her tears are "too little too late".

Where has Zahra's mother been for the last several years? Has there been any real attempt for her to contact Zahra? I'll have to find out all of these type answers before I decide whether or not her tears are "too little too late".

Hi oceanwatch! I think you can find a lot of discussion about that in this thread:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118923"]2010.11.05 - Zahra Baker's Biological Mother Media and Interviews - MERGED - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I feel ED trying to be a bigger person and allow for the "possibility" that AB was uninvolved is her doing exactly that - trying to be the bigger person.

Smart IMO. Do not for a moment think tha ED, who was halfway round the world when Zahra died and competely uninvolved, hasn't been aware of some of the venom that has been heaped on her. I feel she, after the sting of hurtful remarks and insinuations against her, wants to make sure she does not inflict that on another. Even one who she feels may be responsible for the death of her little girl - until LE tells her he was involved.

She goes on to say that if she is told that AB had something to do with this, she cannot even imagine/describe the sort of anger she will feel.

To me, her unwillingness to jump to conclusions is simply her trying not to be the sort of person who was willing to condem HER before knowing the facts.

All MOO

)snipped)

BBM

2010 and Women are often still damned if they do, and damned if they don't.

I saw a comment on one of the storys (please dont ask for a link as Ill never be able to find it) where someone was saying if parents cant take care of their children they should give them away and in the next sentence was bashing ED for giving up Zahra. I just dont get the two faced concepts of some people. ED did what she thought was best for her daughter. Its not any different than the person who gives a child up for adoption and loves and wonders about that child everyday for the rest of thier lives. I feel so bad for her.

<modsnip>

I suspect that ED is much more frail than she lets on. I have panic attacks and there is very little chance I could talk in front of a camera for an interview.. to do a news conference to bring my baby back i would deffinanly find the courage in a heatbeat. I am thinking that NG would be ALL OVER the finding of the remains.. however she had a fill in .. wonder why.. makes perfect sence on my above theory of why.. and good decision on her OZ team.. protect the victem .. ED

<modsnip>

Poor Emily! To lose a daughter, then to have this vicious woman stand judgement of her....ugh. I hope that the Aussies don't think all Americans are like her. I'm not! And most of the people I know aren't either.

My heart goes out to Emily. She did her best for her daughter. Sometimes things don't turn out as we believe they will. There is no sense to it, or rhyme or reason. I can only beleive that somehow, Zahras soul will find her way back to her mom, and they will meet again.

I believe that t has to be so difficult to go through everything this young woman who's Zahra's mother is going through. She appears such a gentle and kind soul. I don't see anything bad in her, she looks so wounded.

No one should have to bury their child. No one.

I wish I could give her a hug and tell her how sorry I am. I'm sure it's so hard to deal with all the 'what ifs' and wondering what could be.

I wish Emily comfort and prayers.

I wish there were an address where we can send our sympathy and words of comfort to Emilly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!
Back