Zahra Baker's Biological Mother

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Been around since 3am my time, came unglued when I saw the pictures of Emily, half a jug of coffee later starting to get it together enough to post with red eyes and a sore heart.

Poor poor woman, hope she knows just how many people out there are grieving with her for her child, it won't make her pain any less but it may be some consolation for her to know how much Zahra mattered to so many.

Oh that photo of her kneeling....breaks my heart...JMHO

“Footprints in the Sand”:

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
other times there were one set of footprints.
This bothered me because I noticed
that during the low periods of my life,
when I was suffering from
anguish, sorrow or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints.
So I said to the Lord,
“You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you,
you would walk with me always.
But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life
there have only been one set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most, you have not been there for me?”
The Lord replied,
“The times when you have seen only one set of footprints in the sand,
is when I carried you.”​

God has promised to walk with us through all of those dark and desolate valleys. God never deserts us in our times of pain… but comforts us… encourages us… and shares our pain. And, in those times when our children make poor choices… when their own decisions lead to destruction… when the pain we feel cuts like a knife… and we weep for them as God wept for Adam… as Jesus wept for Jerusalem … and as David wept for his son, Absalom… can we not be comforted in the thought that God has walked this path before and will not let us walk it alone? Our Lord walks with us… and will carry us through. Amen.

2 Samuel 18:5-9, 15, 31-33; Ephesians 4:25 – 5:2

While many would have been more than willing to help financially and get her here - her coming alone would have been possibly disastrous. With a media crew with her, she can safely get in and out of the hotel, get in and out of cars, go into places without 10 - 20 people running after her trying to stick a mic in her face. For the non-celebrity, it is tough being thrust into the spotlight in an instant and can also be very disturbing and maybe even scary. A media crew will help in keeping over zealous reporters at bay and will also be able to document any occurance or event where someone may "get out of line".

All any media crew wants is a STORY. LE would have protected her and why would she need protection?

IN my own opinion i think she was offered a large ammount of money.
She was not a part of Zarah's life and i dont believe the story she was looking for her and found her the day she died , It would not be hard finding the bakers they never really moved very far from where they landed, IN 8 years she could have found her. Sorry JMO

Curious ... did I hear correctly yesterday that ED's stay here in Amercia will be for just a couple days and she has to head back home BUT will be back at a later date?

Airfare is not cheap so I wonder why she wouldn't just stay a week or two instead of a couple days. I know she has children back in OZ but she's here already. Surely someone can take care of her kids back home. Why would she come back later and when she does is it only going to be for a couple days as well?

PLEASE NOTE: I am not knocking ED what-so-ever. Just trying to understand.

(I can't remember what video I heard that on but it was in the media thread)

She may be going to come back for the trial. If they have really found Zahra, and it looks as though they have, what can she really do here at this point?

Curious ... did I hear correctly yesterday that ED's stay here in Amercia will be for just a couple days and she has to head back home BUT will be back at a later date?

Airfare is not cheap so I wonder why she wouldn't just stay a week or two instead of a couple days. I know she has children back in OZ but she's here already. Surely someone can take care of her kids back home. Why would she come back later and when she does is it only going to be for a couple days as well?

PLEASE NOTE: I am not knocking ED what-so-ever. Just trying to understand.

(I can't remember what video I heard that on but it was in the media thread)

nevermind. I dont get good feelings about bio mom

All any media crew wants is a STORY. LE would have protected her and why would she need protection?

She was not a part of Zarah's life and i dont believe the story she was looking for her and found her the day she died , It would not be hard finding the bakers they never really moved very far from where they landed, IN 8 years she could have found her. Sorry JMO

The media crew is populated by human beings - who presumably have some amount of tact and emotions. Yes, some media are tabloid hounds, but that's not the case for all journalists. By giving an exclusive to one media crew, this mitigates the continuous harrassment a public figure receives from others. We see this in a variety of situations, from Presidents to celebrities, to even victims of crime. Law enforcement may protect someone from criminal harrassment or other criminal activity - but they cannot protect someone all the time from non-criminal requests for interviews, constant pictures, and intrusions into their privacy. That's beyond the scope of their duties. It's very common to give an exclusive right to pictures and interviews to a reporter, station, or other enterprise simply to cut down on the harrassment. To say otherwise is demeaning to real journalists, who are more than sharks smelling blood in the water.

It's also been discussed in other threads the distances between the places AB moved with Zahra throughout that time. I believe there were, at one point, 30 hours separating Emily from Zahra. Regardless, Emily's behavior at this point is not that of a media *advertiser censored* and we have no evidence that she received substantial compensation for the exclusive. Until we have real evidence that she is profitting from Zahra's death or from this arrangement, I'm not going to judge her.

I'd take any offered help to get myself halfway across the world to my child's remains, if I had to.

She may be going to come back for the trial. If they have really found Zahra, and it looks as though they have, what can she really do here at this point?

teh do you think that LE will release her bones for her Mom to take back to OZ (this trip)? I would think that would be to soon since they are going to do tests and examine them right? I actually think they would want to keep them until after the trial because once they are in OZ it may be hard to get them back IYKWIM. The defense would have a field day with that because they have the right to have an expert examine them because I'm betting this will be a DP case.

With all due respect and you are definately entitled to your opinion but you have no idea what ED did or didn't do to find her daughter. You and I might be more assertive and agressive in locating a child you handed over to the father in a time of depression and had every reason to believe her father would care, protect and nurture his own but sadly, he and his new wife failed this child miserably, that had nothing to do with ED, she didn't ask for this! Seems to me AB never got permission from ED to remove Zahra from her home country...The pain ED now feels whether you agree or not, is her pain and allow her to not add more guilt on top of the guilt she already feels..There's a reason for everything and if it is indeed true that she found Zahra just three days before she was alleged to have gone "missing", maybe it was Zahra who contacted her mum through her own spirit..allow her the time to grieve for a child she thought would be safe with her father...JMHO

Sorry...JMHO

Justice for Zahra!

teh do you think that LE will release her bones for her Mom to take back to OZ (this trip)? I would think that would be to soon since they are going to do tests and examine them right? I actually think they would want to keep them until after the trial because once they are in OZ it may be hard to get them back IYKWIM. The defense would have a field day with that because they have the right to have an expert examine them because I'm betting this will be a DP case.

No, she won't get them this trip. I would think, depending on fast the trial is, and that can be a long time out, (just look at ICA), she will get them in a few months. Everyone's testing will have to be done. I can't recall off the top of my head how long it was before they were allowed to have Caylee's remains. But I'm thinking something along the same timeline.

No, she won't get them this trip. I would think, depending on fast the trial is, and that can be a long time out, (just look at ICA), she will get them in a few months. Everyone's testing will have to be done. I can't recall off the top of my head how long it was before they were allowed to have Caylee's remains. But I'm thinking something along the same timeline.
IIRC they held Caylee's public memorial (Feb. 9 - and that night Haleigh went missing) and there was some question about where Caylee was for that memorial. I do believe that they got her remains shortly after that tho.

I agree ED will probably return home sometime this weekend and wait for Zahra to be sent back to Oz - this will give ED time to set up a memorial and funeral for her there in Australia.

JMO

With all due respect and you are definately entitled to your opinion but you have no idea what ED did or didn't do to find her daughter. You and I might be more assertive and agressive in locating a child you handed over to the father in a time of depression and had every reason to believe her father would care, protect and nurture his own but sadly, he and his new wife failed this child miserably, that had nothing to do with ED, she didn't ask for this! Seems to me AB never got permission from ED to remove Zahra from her home country...The pain ED now feels whether you agree or not, is her pain and allow her to not add more guilt on top of the guilt she already feels..There's a reason for everything and if it is indeed true that she found Zahra just three days before she was alleged to have gone "missing", maybe it was Zahra who contacted her mum through her own spirit..allow her the time to grieve for a child she thought would be safe with her father...JMHO

Sorry...JMHO

Justice for Zahra!

BBM

Some may want to say I'm crazy but I do believe that statement. I had an experiance with my Mom (I won't go into it here but it's posted here on WS) and anything is possible. If it wouldn't have been for that experiance I would have never believed it.

I do believe that ED contacted KB or someone in that family and it set the whole missing/kidnapped story in motion. I think Zahra was already gone.

Am betting mom needs to return to OZ in order to go begin making arrangements. She probably intends to return for a trial. MOO

My prayers go with her. I am sorry Emily, that you have been placed under the microscope of public attention. I am sincerely sorry that through no fault of your own you've been picked apart by people who have never met you and don't know your circumstances.

I am sorry that in a thread that is devoted to Support of Zahra's Mum there are those who would bring negative energy.

Mostly I am sorry this woman's child is dead through the wrongdoing of others.

So glad I scheduled a vacation day today. I thought I would be spending yesterday and today hard at it on the SARS thread, finding likely search spots and trying to feel usefull. I had no idea I would be spending today in my pj's bawling like a baby.

That photo of Emily is so raw, so genuine and in the moment. My heart just breaks for her.

IN my own opinion i think she was offered a large amount of money.
She was not a part of Zarah's life and i don't believe the story she was looking for her and found her the day she died , It would not be hard finding the bakers they never really moved very far from where they landed, IN 8 years she could have found her. Sorry JMO

That may be true although some media reporters do have a heart.

I don't begrudge Emily for having this news team with her. They are from her native country and I don't think Emily is a woman of financial means so if it takes the media paying to get her here then so be it.

She needs protection from the media in this country. We see how aggressive they are when they are chasing people down and pushing cameras in their faces.

I am glad she is not alone here in a foreign land.

I do not care about the past history. I see warmth, tenderness, love, anguish and raw pain in this mother. Whether she saw Zahra or not it is obvious that she kept the love for her child very much alive in her heart.

I only wish that Emily had found Zahra in time. She will forever be tormented with guilt and remorse about the daughter she lost in life as well as in death.

I have nothing but sympathy for this woman. Everyone would like to re-write a part of their history if they could do so, imo, but it does not change the fact that Emily loves Zahra.

IMO

Am betting mom needs to return to OZ in order to go begin making arrangements. She probably intends to return for a trial. MOO

My prayers go with her. I am sorry Emily, that you have been placed under the microscope of public attention. I am sincerely sorry that through no fault of your own you've been picked apart by people who have never met you and don't know your circumstances.

I am sorry that in a thread that is devoted to Support of Zahra's Mum there are those who would bring negative energy.

Mostly I am sorry this woman's child is dead through the wrongdoing of others.

tl I hope you don't think I would bring negative energy to this thread or to Zahra's Mom. I feel really bad for her and I was just curious about what the media was reporting.

My prayers are with ED.

no sunset, not directed at you or anyone in particular. I was frustrated with some of the debate over what ED shoulda coulda woulda done and the assumption that because she travels with and her trip is being funded by Aus media that ED is somehow making money on all this tragedy.

I know we see a lot of crime, greed and just plain evil in the stories we follow. I just wish it hadn't hardened folks to the point where they are always willing to believe the worst about someone. It is a hazard of following so many horrific cases I guess.

It is my hope - that for at least today, when we are all raw, and emotional and the news of Zahra's remains being found, that we can all be kind and consider our words carefully before we type. That is all.

One thing I have been thinking about with my morning cup of coffee:

I wonder what Zahra was told about her mother? She had to have asked over the years - had to. I do believe this is something we might well never know. As a mother, I would like to think she was told kind things but I somehow don't believe that is the case.
There are only 2 people that she could have asked and that would have been AB and KB.

no sunset, not directed at you or anyone in particular. I was frustrated with some of the debate over what ED shoulda coulda woulda done and the assumption that because she travels with and her trip is being funded by Aus media that ED is somehow making money on all this tragedy.

I know we see a lot of crime, greed and just plain evil in the stories we follow. I just wish it hadn't hardened folks to the point where they are always willing to believe the worst about someone. It is a hazard of following so many horrific cases I guess.

It is my hope - that for at least today, when we are all raw, and emotional and the news of Zahra's remains being found, that we can all be kind and consider our words carefully before we type. That is all.

Ya know, I actually had to walk away from this case after the news broke. Even though we all knew what the ending would be, it was really hard to believe anyone would do this to their own child. There are people like me who can't have children and would have loved to take Zahra in.

Originally Posted by sunsetbeach

Wise Old Owl said:
IIRC they held Caylee's public memorial (Feb. 9 - and that night Haleigh went missing) and there was some question about where Caylee was for that memorial. I do believe that they got her remains shortly after that tho.

I agree ED will probably return home sometime this weekend and wait for Zahra to be sent back to Oz - this will give ED time to set up a memorial and funeral for her there in Australia.

JMO

No expert but the ME will take photos of Zahra's remains and thinking about Caylee, might keep a piece of Zahra's bone just in case the defense wants it tested. All evidence has to be tested...

Caylee was released earlier than the Feb. 9th date but the Anthony family kept her held at the funeral on a box on a shelf until CA put the memorial together and Caylee cremated...terrible to type...I believe Caylee laid there for over a month before CA had the jewelry picked out to hold the ashes. Remember GA went into suicide mode IIRC, the middle of December when CA allegedly wanted him to pick out jewelry...JMHO

Then I'm thinking of red tape holding up bringing Zahra to her homeland, Australia.

Then there's the "next of kin" notification...since ED is already notified, I wonder what the procedure is to bring Zahra's remains to Australia..trying to google the procedures but I'm having no luck...JMHO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8
Back