Zahra Baker's Biological Mother

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bless her and the life she's endured since having baby Z. And bless Z for knowing her mum came to see her (sorry, I just know she was looking down from heaven). I know Z will always be her gaurdian angel from here on out.

Hugs,

Mel

Loved reading your comment, especially about Z knowing her Mum was looking for her..x

Yes, I would like to do that also. Maybe we can send condolences via the Aus news crew who accompanied her? When I saw this clip at http://www.wcnc.com/news/Dietrich-It...108008279.html , I was so heartened to hear her appreciation of the support she received so far. Through the nightmare that has been her visit to the US, (to paraphrase), she has seen the beauty of the area and the community. That's one very special lady who can think of other people's feelings in the middle of such terrible personal loss.

I for one would never judge her for her earlier decision to give up Zahra temporarily. Clearly, this woman is a loving mother and when she made that decision, it was an act of love at the time, not rejection, and obviously a wrench which she never imagined would be permanent.

Emily is a very smart lady and may, over time, chose to take a more public role to support change in her home country that resulted in Zahra being taken from her without her permission. That's the time when she's going to need the most support, especially after the press have moved onto another story.

My opinion, as always.

I keep thinking of,ED AF & BS,keep wondering how their doing, as its nearly 8 yrs,but its only a few weeks of knowing for me, I would be so happy to be told on here that their ok..x

And if I'm out of order with this post I apologize,

Aww god bless her,that must have been horrendous, flying home and her first birthday,I'm in tears again,what a brave lady she is...

She's with Caylee, Haleigh, Sandra, Lacey, Conner, Jessica, and all of the children in Heaven together with the angels and God looking after and caring for them as they should, as princes and princesses!!!
God bless all the children in Heaven!

We'll see you very soon and be together for eternity !!! Praise Jesus!

I do feel terribly for ED. If she was working hard to find Zahra only to be met with...this...I can't even imagine the desolation she must feel.

I try not to be too harsh on those who have skepticism in regards to her, though. To judge them would be to judge myself, because at first I had some unkind thoughts about her. Finding her right as the story broke seemed convenient. Arriving with a camera crew seemed opportunistic. Postpartum depression doesn't last forever, and it seemed almost inconceivable that she couldn't make contact for almost ten years.

The more I learned, the more I adjusted my mindset. I suffer from OCD and clinical depression--I know how hard mental illness can be. Would I give up my children? No. But I was blessed enough to not suffer from PPD and I have a strong and supportive family network around me.

I think NG was too harsh. I think she does more good than harm in the greater scheme of things, but it doesn't help the individuals who have her judgement cast at them. That said, I'm not going to call people hateful and evil because they don't buy ED's explanation wholesale. If she was somehow involved, I'd have 100s of questions. She's not, though, and to bludgeon her with recrimination and ugliness seems cruel. Regardless of her reasons for giving up Zahra, she now has lost her forever. Why anyone would want to torture her with guilt is beyond me.

I find this comment very interesting. I'd really like to know if the two comments (below) were made back to back as they are published in the story because IMO it changes the context. It makes it seem as if something she was told by LE makes it possible to question if he was involved. I'd also love to know if ED has spoken with AB at all. I know it if were me I would have (even before coming to the US). Oh what I would do to have heard that conversation if it did take place.

<modsnip>

I wondered if ED & AB had spoken to make arrangements about funeral back in Australia.....

But I read that ED don't know the whereabout of Z's remains, that's a double blow for ED :(

Zahra Baker’s mother tearfully expressed her thanks to investigators for their tireless work finding her daughter, and helping her “get her daughter back in her life.”

Emily Dietrich headed home to Australia Sunday evening after spending an emotional four days in North Carolina. While here, she visited the memorial to her daughter outside the Bakers’ former home, and listened as police gave her terrible news -- that remains found in Caldwell County belonged to Zahra.

Before she left, she sat down for an exclusive interview for NewsChannel 36, in which she called her painful journey “a blessing in disguise.”

(more including a video)

http://www.wcnc.com/news/Dietrich-It-brought-me-closer-to-her-108008279.html

How nice that a local family invited her over for dinner before she left.

In tears again reading this,total respect for ED, and respect for the police, community.. X

Aww bless her,she's coming to terms with what's happened to her daughter..x

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8
Back